PDA

View Full Version : Can't find my laptop hard drive!

XcOM
08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
i have recently aquired a laptop.

Fujitsu/Siemens Lifebook B-2562 series laptop. Now, it has windows XP pro on it, and it runs really slow, now amount of cleaning will fix this, it needs a fresh install, and as it only supports a max of 256MB ram, and it has 256mb ram, i want to install 98, but to do so i need to load pcmcia drivers,

As i have never done this for windows 98 setup, i was going to remove the hard drive, make an image of it, then replace it and if all went wrong i could restore the hdd to a working state,

My problem is this: WHERE IS THE HDD, none of the covers on the back/bottom/side/front are the hard drive, i am hping its not under the keyboard becuase there real buggers to get at.

I can't seem to find any manuals on the net, Fujitsu website is of no help except for drivers for the boot process..

any help will be apreasiaged.

XcOM

XcOM
08-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Don't wory, i found it, throwing caution to the wind, i decided to start unscrewing things till i found it, its under the front panel, unscrew the 6 secrews at the base with round heads, and the top pops off, but be careful as the hard drive is connected with a ribbon cable.