PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a wireless lazer mouse for gaming?

jdbnsn
08-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Hi Folks,

I have been using the same wired trackball for nearly 10 years. I just recently broke down and bought a Logitech MX Revolution 2.4 GHz wireless mouse and love the features. My problem in the mouse doesn't always respond well, sometimes the pointer sticks a little, and hesitates. Anyone else have this problem and know why this is?

Jon

Crazy Buddhist
08-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Jon

When that happens to my microsoft wireless mouse I find its a connectivity issue, either down to range to the connector, clear line of sight for the signal, or down to the batteries in the mouse being low.

I think also arranging your wireless devices apart from each other and away from other electrical equipment is helpful. So wireless receiver sitting on the wifi router, pc or under a fat CRT :down:

Can you relocate the reciever? Also if thats the logitech mouse with a docking station did you fully charge it?

It is also the case that a lot of wireless mouse power down when not in motion for a brief spell to save on battery life. If you are not constantly giving the mouse input through movement or clicks this could potentially effect response in this way. If the mouse has to fire up its laser and handshake with the receiver before sending any movement you might see a visable lag.

If this is the case I have no idea how or if it could be overcome.

Matthew

Crazy Buddhist
08-13-2007, 04:56 PM
yeah come to the of it before I had this Micro**** keyboard and mouse I had a logitech and that worked somewhat more predictably.

jdbnsn
08-13-2007, 05:37 PM
Oooo, I want the Dinovo! I think you are right Crazy B about the signal possibly getting mucked up. Problem is, there is no way in hell I can get the devices away from it, it looks like to con in the starship Enterprise here. lol Battery life may also play a role as it did seem to get a bit worse today and I fogot to put on the charger last night. I don't think the other reasons played a role. But even when it's working good, it's still not as precise as the old trackball. For example, I play alot of BF2 and I love sniping. I go to Ghost town, find a dark corner and just blast away. With the trackball, headshot everytime no matter how far they are because I can smoothly guide the crosshairs. With the mouse, it seems to move in steps, and the crosshairs jump past my target. Dunno, maybe it's just me. But thanks for the advice.

Scotty
08-13-2007, 06:14 PM
I had issues with my Wireless mouse loosing signal. I had my laptop above the desk and a slide out bit below with my mouse on. So i grabbed one of my many USB extension cables and plugged that in and ran it under the top of the desk now i get a much better signal.
My battery lasts for a hell of a long time, even when the software tells me it's running critically low it'll go for about an extra week or so. That's with a Microsoft mouse.
I believe the mouse you're talking about is 2.4GHz the same frequency used by Wireless routers, If you have one try changing the channel it uses. Not sure if it's the same try of radio frequency but it wouldn't hurt to try.