PDA

View Full Version : how do I take a inspiron keyboard off??

Greco101
08-13-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm sure the keyboards change from brand to brand so its a dell inspiron 5100... I can't figure out how the hell to get it off and I definitely do not want to break anything. Any ideas?

Zephik
08-13-2007, 08:49 PM
You can try looking through here...

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins5100/en/#online_documentation

Otherwise, be careful taking out laptop keyboards. I took mine out and I am having a hard time getting it back in. They have a retarded way of hooking the keyboard up to the motherboard, for 9200's at least. Also, my GPU fan died on me somehow during the process of taking apart my laptop. So now I have my TT Blue Orb II sitting on top of it to dissipate the heat while I order a new fan. ><

Greco101
08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Dammit... I typed a big - long story and hit something... pressed back and it was gone.

annnyways, I figured it out after a few minutes of tinkering with it. I was a little worried but it all went back perfectly and now I have a brand new cd/dvd player :)

It's a good thing I have a strange brain and remember the oddest (usually pointless) things as if they were yesterday... but cant remember what I had for dinner 2 minutes after I ate it. (exaggerating...kinda.) otttherwise I would have had a lot of misplaced and "extra" screws because you damn near need to take out every screw to get to the drive. (although now I'm pretty sure you can just pop it o.O

Thanks anyways snowfire, that link would have helped. Much appreciated. +rep

Scotty
08-13-2007, 09:15 PM
With my Inspiron 640m the keyboard goes in and comes out surprisingly easily. Had to open it up as the fan had become clogged with dust... Not even a year old... serves me right for not cleaning. But theres always something you need to remember. I forgot where i put some of the screws, so im missing 4 screws from my laptop :p

Greco101
08-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Speaking of which I was surprised to not find a spec of dust in there besides a patch i guess you can call it? where that powdered dust sticks to the metal? Other than that it was spotless.