PDA

View Full Version : FTP with Xbox

.Maleficus.
08-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Ok, I swear, this is the most frustrating thing I've ever done lol.

Title pretty much says it all. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I can't FTP with my computer and my Xbox. I spent all of yesterday finishing my Xbox mod and, well, "other" things, and now I'm trying to get XBMC to work. But, therein lies the problem. I can't FTP. No matter what program I use (FireFTP, FlashFXP..) I can't connect. First it was a passive mode error. I turned off passive mode. Then it was a "502 noop" error. I turned off "send noop" in FlashFXP (couldn't find anything for it in FireFTP). I changed the IP to a static IP. I've tried 192.168.1.1 and .0.1 for my default gateway. NOTHING is working. It just won't connect. Pretty soon I'm just going to rip my hair out.

BTW, if it matters, I'm using a router to connect, not directly through a crossover cable. I can FTP to my server no problem, so I don't know why this won't work. Perhaps I need a newer version of my current dashboard? I would update, but I can't FTP... :(

BTW mods, if this isn't supposed to be here, it's cool if you delete it. I'm not sure what the views of all this are since it's not about anything illegal, but since mods like this aren't supposed to be talked about here...

Edit: Hmmm... seems that there is a 502 error for just about everything... I've got 502 errors for passive mode, feat, rest...

.Maleficus.
08-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I think I've figured it out. I guess it's not like my computer where I can click connect and have my directories show up. I have to actually find the files I want to transfer, click the transfer button, and then the directories show up (with folders containing 0kb of info, but that's no biggie since I can still navigate within them). Currently transferring XBMC, so since I guess it works, locked.