PDA

View Full Version : Need for speed

Fist of Fury
08-20-2007, 09:48 AM
First of all Hi All!!! I'm new but my problem is old.

Before I go into that does anyone know of a gaming mouse that has a feature to lock the axis?

Kensington drivers have a feature when you hold down control it locks the mouse so it can only got straight in one direction. Horizontally or vertically.

My problem is there seems to be a conflict between Kensington drivers and Windows XP

I have been struggling with a Kensington mouse (3 different models) for 2 years.

I have to reinstall the driver everytime I reboot because the acceleration goes nuts. It's at least 3 times as fast before reboot. If you go to the mouse control panel, no matter what you do you can't control it.

The driver installs an unnaceptable entry into the registry and when you log off and come back on again the trouble starts.

I recently upgarded my computer.......2 new hard drives, new video card, new sound card.

My Sound card just wouldn't install and no one could help me.

In an effort to try and fix it myself I ran a progam called Error Doctor and there it was as bold as brass...........KMW.dll came up. Kensington's own.

I removed my Kensington mouse driver and my soundcard installed as sweet as a nut.

The most annoying thing was I had scrapped a perfectly good sound card thinking I had damaged it and bought a new one.

Kensington come up with the most stupid suggestions like download the latest driver....after you have told them you have been using it for the last 2 friggin years when they released it.:evil:

Sorry losing my temper here:p

Anyway guys if someone can help or make any suggestion how to overcome this I would be grateful.

Be even better if you know a good mouse I can change to with axis control....need it for a game I play.

xRyokenx
08-20-2007, 10:04 AM
If it's a racing game you could get a race wheel and like a logitech mouse, lol... take a look around, I'm quite sure you could find something easily.

Fist of Fury
08-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Ya good one a racing game with a mouse that can only go straight ahead..............you drive I'm staying in the pits:rolleyes:

xRyokenx
08-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Lol... ooh, idea. I'm quite sure you could find a program better than Kensington's for making it go only two ways... Google is your best friend here it seems, lol.