PDA

View Full Version : How about a picture request thread

DaJe
08-20-2007, 09:20 PM
This happens a lot of other forums I post on, such as IGN. But my goal here is something more. I want this thread to be more artistic and whatnot. So anyways, here's the deal. Just tell me what you guys want me to take a photograph of, and I'll do it. Sound good?

xRyokenx
08-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Sounds good to me... for starters, and for the hell of it, how about a can of beans? lol :D

Eclecticos
08-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Well I know its not that time of year yet, But if you could take Pictures of a tree or something
. .throughout the Fall Foliage season up there that would be cool.

DaJe
08-21-2007, 02:55 AM
If you want some nice pictures of that, I'll be going up to New Hampshire once all the leaves turn. I usually go up to the mountains in Maine every year too, I have family there. But for now, I can take some pictures of green leafy trees.

dgrmkrp
08-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, I'd like pictures of light going thru objects and casting that nice caustic effect... And, if possible, some hi-res pics of computer stuff: chips, processors, ram, stickers.. All taken from above, clear and as big as possible :) I can find images of circuits, specs and schematics, but if I wanna use some nice textures for the virtual modding round, I'm stuck with reviewer's photos.. not very big nor angled correctly.. if you have a nice camera that could do this, I would gladly help out if you need some 3d stuff :)

And maybe this would be useful for others too :)

Luke122
08-21-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll do some photos too.. I've got a good camera also. :D

Send in the requests people.. and let's keep this SFW.
:D

Luke122
08-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Sounds good to me... for starters, and for the hell of it, how about a can of beans? lol :D

Ask and ye shall recieve....

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/lukifer122/Beans002.jpg

Mitternacht
08-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Ask and ye shall recieve....

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/lukifer122/Beans002.jpg
WRONGWRONGWRONG!! That speaker is supposed to be RIGHT NEXT to the screen! :p

Haha, frickin' win for actually doing it.

.Maleficus.
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
*pic*
Now _that_ is art.

DaJe
08-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I'll get on doing all this pictures tomorrow, or when I get the chance, since I have to be somewhere tomorrow. Today I've just been busy playing Bioshock. I will definately do pictures of a ton of different computer parts and chips in what not, all professional quality, all in a resolution of 3008x2000

slytherock
08-21-2007, 11:02 PM
so much memories... Nos compliments Bilingual sticker :rolleyes: :D

Mitternacht
08-21-2007, 11:31 PM
I've just been busy playing Bioshock.

Same here. I'm definitely grabbing this when it hits the market.

DaJe
08-21-2007, 11:41 PM
If you live in Pennsylvania, it already did. That's how I'm playing it.

Mitternacht
08-21-2007, 11:48 PM
If you live in Pennsylvania, it already did. That's how I'm playing it.

Actually I have the demo. Damn I thought it was the 19th. lol

dgrmkrp
08-22-2007, 03:42 AM
I'll get on doing all this pictures tomorrow, or when I get the chance, since I have to be somewhere tomorrow. Today I've just been busy playing Bioshock. I will definately do pictures of a ton of different computer parts and chips in what not, all professional quality, all in a resolution of 3008x2000

Tanks, that will surely keep me busy for the cold winter months to come :) :devious: :twisted:

DaJe
08-30-2007, 02:03 AM
So I took those pictures a while ago, but I just never got around to processing them; selecting the best ones, cropping them, uploading them. I'll do that son though. I didn't really have good lighting to use when taking them. I also have another computer that I didn't photograph, that I can rip apart to take pictures of all component within.

Luke122
08-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Back on the photo topic, I had the INCREDIBLE luck to find myself a Canon 5D last night at a store which is closing it's doors. The owner is a friend of mine, and I've been doing some work for him, so he offered me the 5D at COST!! If that wasnt good enough, he threw in a 24-105mm f4/L IS lens with it, and offered to do a layaway for me with the option to work some of the cost off doing tech support!!

I'm so stoked.. retail on that camera and lens is like $7000... I'm getting it for MUUUUCH less. :D

.Maleficus.
08-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Back on the photo topic, I had the INCREDIBLE luck to find myself a Canon 5D last night at a store which is closing it's doors. The owner is a friend of mine, and I've been doing some work for him, so he offered me the 5D at COST!! If that wasnt good enough, he threw in a 24-105mm f4/L IS lens with it, and offered to do a layaway for me with the option to work some of the cost off doing tech support!!

I'm so stoked.. retail on that camera and lens is like $7000... I'm getting it for MUUUUCH less. :D
I... Hate... You.

If I had $2,700 I could piss away right now that camera would be overnighting to my house right now.

Dilphat
08-31-2007, 03:21 AM
what about a picture of a Cherry Blossom tree in season(nvm...that's a lot to ask for! haha), hmm.. :think: .what about a burning cd

DaJe
08-31-2007, 11:15 AM
I could do the cherry blossom. There's a cherry tree in the yard nextdoor. The only problem is that it's not the season. It is a nice day out today though, and I was outside with my camera for a little bit earlier. So, how about some requests for some outside pictures while it's still daytime. And I would have to modify a drive before I could take a picture of a disc burning. But hey, I'm on The Best Case Scenario, so of course I would love to do that.

Dilphat
08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
ooopss, i should have specified. haha, but i meant cd on fire! a disc burning sounds a little dangerous if it somehow gets out of the casing.

Luke122
08-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Hmm.. that could make for an interesting pic.. I might have to attempt that later tonight. :D I'll post up a result if I pull it off.

DaJe
08-31-2007, 01:12 PM
I'll go find some matches, some isopropyl, and a blank CD. I already have the last two covered.

Luke122
08-31-2007, 01:20 PM
I just keep picturing the Roxio logo.. lol.

Do it Daje! I bet it'll look sweet.. watch for dripping melted plastic though!

I think to really pull this off right, you'd want a black background and somehow suspend the cd to make it look like it's floating.

DaJe
08-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Well I did my first run at it. I used a lighter instead of matches, and set a small piece of paper on fire and dropped it on it. The CD doesn't actually want to burn. It melted a little, but that's only from the heat of the isopropyl burning. Even with constantly spraying it, the CD itself just wouldn't burn. I'll post the pictures in a minute.

xRyokenx
08-31-2007, 01:57 PM
You could always hang it above a fire with some heat resistant wire or something... that would almost be cooler.

DaJe
08-31-2007, 02:38 PM
I decided to burn it a little more. This time I got a lot more pictures of fire explosions. I now have 941MB of pictures. Time to sort them out...

Dilphat
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
wow...can't wait to see the cd pictures!

DaJe
09-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Last night I had some server downtime, then became distracted by working on my Xel'Naga case, and then I was tired.

Here's one of the pictures to hold you guys over for now while I sort through them all

http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/DSC_0435.JPG

calumc
09-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Just an idea: if you hung the cd from i piece of wire and then held a blowtorch underneath it and little fireballs of plastic would start falling from it

xRyokenx
09-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Just an idea: if you hung the cd from i piece of wire and then held a blowtorch underneath it and little fireballs of plastic would start falling from it

Be careful with your hand though, don't want plastic falling onto it, melted plastic probably won't want to come off your hand either...

Dilphat
09-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Last night I had some server downtime, then became distracted by working on my Xel'Naga case, and then I was tired.

Here's one of the pictures to hold you guys over for now while I sort through them all

http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/DSC_0435.JPG

that looks way too cool! +rep

DaJe
11-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Hey dgrmkrp, I never did post those pictures that I took for you, or the CD pictures either. here's just a link to a zip of all of the pictures I took. I didn't get around to deleting the bad ones, or cutting them out or anything like that. I'm sure you can handle it though. if you want any help with them though, let me know.

Here you go http://codeinsurrection.com/pics/computer/parts.zip

And I think I'll do the same with the hundreds of pictures of the burning CD, and then delete them from my hard drive to free up space.

dgrmkrp
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
10ks :)
I'm gonna download them and see what I can use :) lots of thanks for making them. Looking at the size of the archive, I say you deserve some rep ;)