PDA

View Full Version : EVE Online

xRyokenx
08-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Anyone else play it? I just reactivated my trial into a full version as WoW is pissing me off too much, that game just seems retarded now.

www.eve-online.com

I'm on the Tranquility server and go by the name Ryoken Ryagnaroth with or without the space in the middle, can't remember.

Zephik
08-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Never played it. Actually, after WoW, I gave up on mmorpg's. Not because I don't like them anymore, I love them, but because nothing compares to WoW. But, I don't want to play WoW anymore. Its gotten too boring for me. That, and I don't want to pay 15 dollars a month. Thats just ridiculous. That could buy me a whole months worth or slurpee's! lol

How is Eve online so far Ryoken? Is it anything like WoW? Graphics? Gameplay? Price?

If you can convince me to get it, I just might have to. ^_^

...cuz I'm not going back to Runescape! LoL

xRyokenx
08-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Same price as WoW. But ever so different. The graphics look better in my opinion, I played it before and loved it, no grinding and **** like WoW, you train up in one skill (Mining, use of various turrets, ship piloting, etc.) and it takes a certain amount of time for your character to learn it. PM me your email and I'll send you a free trial link. It's kickass, the only real way to see it is to do so yourself, and the trials are 14 days and completely free.

EDIT: It takes a little while to learn to play, but it's worth it in my opinion.

Zephik
08-26-2007, 01:48 PM
*downloading now*

It'll have to be fairly impressive to get me to pay more than 10 dollars a month for it. I wish they would just charge like $70 for the game, then call good. But, of course, they wouldn't make nearly as much money.

We'll see how that free trial goes though.

xRyokenx
08-26-2007, 02:09 PM
I find it to be fun... we'll see, it gets boring after a little while.

D1337
08-26-2007, 04:29 PM
we'll see, it gets boring after a little while.

that happens to every mmorpg, its either the leveling is repetitive and slow, or your some high level yet you need to wait for game patches for area's that make the game temporarily fun.

For P2P people, i suggest trying "sword of the new world" which is the english version or Grenado Espada which is the same but is for asian speakers.

Zephik
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
that happens to every mmorpg, its either the leveling is repetitive and slow, or your some high level yet you need to wait for game patches for area's that make the game temporarily fun.

For P2P people, i suggest trying "sword of the new world" which is the english version or Grenado Espada which is the same but is for asian speakers.

Pirates FTW! ...especially hottie female pirates. :p

How epic of a game would it be to have pirates vs ninjas? lol

simon275
08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
I was actually looking at getting into EVE. It seems a bit involved though. As at the moment I can only game casually.

xRyokenx
08-27-2007, 09:23 AM
It can be involved and it can be quite casual too. You can log on, tell your guy to train up in some skill and it'll do that for you while you're not playing. They higher the skill level to longer it takes to train. In fact, I'ma log on for like a minute or two just to do that before school.

XcOM
08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
i been playing eve for a whiole now, been supended for not paying the bill, but soon to be re setup,

Before now, i played for about 5 years, my player was kickass,

but my old room mate though it would be funny to delete my account!!! Needless to say, wasn't hung out the window, more like thrown out out of it.

xRyokenx
08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
****. I'd kick his ass too, lol. But yeah, it would be fun to play with some people on here, I don't know my corp at all, they've changed over the past couple months when I was off.

Luke122
08-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Pay once, and play online forever? Guild wars.

Not as deep as WoW, but the interface is much nicer IMHO, and it's more about skill than time.

xRyokenx
08-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I'll probably get Guild Wars later... WoW is like low end when it comes to good MMORPGs... RunEscape is probably one of the lowest in my opinion. But yeah, I need something besides mining to do in EVE, lol. Well, until I get a good mining barge I'll have to use the crap I have right now.

Fuganater
02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Sorry to bring up an old topic but...

Have you guys been playing lately? I'm doing a trial but idk if I want to pay for it.

Gimmie some insite fellas.

xRyokenx
02-18-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't play it anymore... got to be annoying at how much time it took to do anything. I'd recommend finding a non-MMORPG game to play instead.