PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic paint question

egroj
07-29-2005, 07:26 PM
I apologize if there is a thread about my problem, well not exactly a problem, if somebody can point me to the right direccion, i going to be able to get an air compressor (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&BV_SessionID=@@@@0317529649.1122679259@@@@&BV_EngineID=cceeaddffjfkdgmcgelceffdfgidgjn.0&MID=9876) , my question is how can i mix the acrylic and with what to make the paint be able to spray it, where to buy good acrylic paint, etc...
I'm sorry, I'm a greenhorn on this topic and by the way sorry about my english I'm peruvian.
thank you all
me :D

ps: how can I make my quote permanent?

Don't take life so seriously........
.........is only a temporary condition.

Aero
07-29-2005, 10:36 PM
goto "User CP" at the top of the screen and then click on "edit signiture" on the left side then save changes.

egroj
07-30-2005, 02:18 AM
thank you Aero.

Bum
07-31-2005, 03:23 PM
In general, acrylics are thinned by and cleaned up with water. Depending on what your application method/equipment is, you may need some additives to get proper flow and adhesion. Here is a site I found Googling "airbrush acrylic paint" http://www.rexart.com/appairbr.html . You will probably have to go to a hobby or art store for your paints and you can ask the salesperson about proper applications for your project.

egroj
07-31-2005, 04:02 PM
thank you Bum, i'll check on it.

mike1967
08-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Unless your reffering to acrylic automotive paint?

egroj
08-08-2005, 04:39 PM
can I buy automotive paint?
how do they come,liquid?
i went to an art supply and they sell acrylic paint, they told i can mix the paint with a liquid call medium.
i'm going to try it this weekend, but if you can give more info about the automotive paint i'll apreciate.

thank you
egroj

Bum
08-09-2005, 01:47 PM
I wouldn't bother with automotive paint at this stage. It is more complicated and expensive. There is a steep learning curve to getting good results with it also. Acrlylic isn't as durable but with a good clearcoat over it, the paint should stand up to mild abuse. If it doesn't work out for you, you can always step up to the harder stuff.

egroj
08-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Bum
thank you so much for the info.
a good clear coat will do for me, if not I can still go to a paint shop.