PDA

View Full Version : --ChicksCanMod2--

Sky
03-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Although this is an old case, I am proud of it because it got me tons of attention in the modding world. I was able to prove that Girls can mod too, and are interested in the computer world. This is my first mod, my most memorable and I just love it. It was completed in 2002 and still stands today.

Duplicolor Mirage Paint with alot of sanding on the outside. Rustoleum paint inside. CC blue light, 120mm clear blade fan on top w/ lazer grill, 92mm clear blade fan in front w/ lazer grill, 2 80mm clear blade fan inside all controlled by the custom homemade 12v/off/7v fanbus/baybus. The fanbus was hell. Two custom cutout windows done with faithful dremel. All custom lazer engraving on the windows. O The other w/ my signature in Chinese symbol. All blue leds. Handles to top. Rounded cables. Everything w/ heatshrink. See the website for better pics, and more detail on the fanbus.
Sky

http://pics.gruntville.com/images/Skyler/Glarge.jpg

http://pics.gruntville.com/images/Skyler/G1.jpg

http://pics.gruntville.com/images/Skyler/G2.jpg

http://pics.gruntville.com/images/Skyler/G3.jpg

http://pics.gruntville.com/images/Skyler/G4.sized.jpg

http://pics.gruntville.com/images/Skyler/G5.sized.jpg

03-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Very tight rig. Props to ya for being the first female modder out there Ive seen with a better-than-top-end mod. Ive seen hello kitty stickers on some chicks cases and they called it a mod...but you on the other hand went hardcore, and that deserves alot!

By the way...nice color. Im loving it!

Sky
03-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Thanks man. I appreciate the comments. I fit in pretty well with the real modders, and all these modding attention because I am a girl, has allowed me to meet the coolest people. I have really enjoyed the experience.

shadowminja202
03-25-2005, 03:31 PM
wow that a really nice case great job on it

ZeD
03-25-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey your a nurse too, mmm. Btw where is Jessalba

Sky
03-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Not sure where shes at. Ive only chatted with her a few times. I know she said she was leaving for awhile..once.

Matthew
03-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Very Nice. Thats all I have to say...im speachless. Oh, was the lazer engraving done by you or did you have it done?

Sky
03-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Very Nice. Thats all I have to say...im speachless. Oh, was the lazer engraving done by you or did you have it done?

Thank you.

I did the laser engraving. I had access to a $55,000 laser engraver that used Adobe Photoshop.

Crunch
03-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Thats a nice paint job. I like it alot.

siege
03-28-2005, 01:52 AM
Very nice. I love the color choices, and the overall design is nice, clean and simple. Good job. And the fact that a girl did it...that's just plain awesome. I've always had a thing for chicks with dremels.... :D

Chapel
03-28-2005, 01:49 PM
I dig it, good work

Sky
03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
Very nice. I love the color choices, and the overall design is nice, clean and simple. Good job. And the fact that a girl did it...that's just plain awesome. I've always had a thing for chicks with dremels.... :D

Thanks again yall. Glad you liked it.

jonopaul01
04-01-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow, things are getting a bit tough in the PC (Political Correctness in this case, not Personal Computer). I really love the colours and the case overall looks really nice. The lights through the window looks really nice. The fans also looks nice and the SuperBlue LEDs you have used look really nice. Pity about the monitor though (you can see a reflection of it in the first picture and on the side of the 5th.

The problem is, is it right to congratulate you as a girl modder? To say that this is a good mod, especially since a girl did it, seems to degrade your work. I think that people sound quite patronising when they say that it is good, since a girl did it.

And the fact that a girl did it...This seems quite sexist to me.
But have to say. I have to congratulate you, absolutely brilliant mod. I hope to see more in the future.

Sky
04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks dood. I do understand your point and I just guess I dont think about it too much. I dont get offended too often and I pretty used to hanging tough with the guys.

fishies
04-02-2005, 01:45 AM
The problem is, is it right to congratulate you as a girl modder? To say that this is a good mod, especially since a girl did it, seems to degrade your work. I think that people sound quite patronising when they say that it is good, since a girl did it.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say it's pretty impressive to see a female come out and join a male dominated subculture. I assume that can be intimidating. Besides, Sky's a pioneer modder. Hopefully with her and other female modders, they can bring more females into this group.

Sky: I do like your case. The lines look real tight, and true. your switches rock out. very big fan of purple.

jonopaul01
04-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Subculture? You call this a subculture? Just cause none of us have social lives? Nope, thats just me isn't it? It is, isn't it?
Anyway, I have to agree with you, anything that will bring more people into the modding can only be good and I suppose it will also bring a variety of idea's and such that no one had thought of before. After all mods are all about individuality and being unique and you need lots of ideas for that. At least they are supposed to be unique.

fishies
04-02-2005, 01:48 PM
I thought mods were about being like Crimson Sky? :)

ZeD
04-03-2005, 06:13 AM
mods to PCs are simply self impressionism. The dremel or tool of choice is your brush, the canvas just happens to be a PC case or soon to be a PC case.

Zuke
04-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I really like the window on the "backside" of the case. All too often, people (myself included) leave that spot bare. I also like how this is simple and very clean looking, while still being flashy enough to be impressive. As for your cable management, it would look perfect, but it looks like an IDE cable is resting ON your gfx card . . . ? Maybe the angle is wrong, but it looks like it. Perhaps you can tie that out of the way.