PDA

View Full Version : Cooler Master Cosmos

computergeek19
08-31-2007, 02:18 AM
The moment I saw this case I knew it was the case I wanted but I have a couple of questions.

I know the case is made of steel and I was wondeering if I could cut it using a dremel tool and some reinforced disks or ez lock disks. I am not sure how thick the left side panel is without the foam. Does anybody knows?

Also is the foam easy to remove because I may use some of the leftover after I make a side window?

.Maleficus.
08-31-2007, 06:20 AM
Yes, you can cut it with a Dremel, but it may be hard and will take a long time.

I don't know what you mean by foam, I didn't see any.

computergeek19
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
I meant the soundproof material on the side panels

.Maleficus.
08-31-2007, 06:10 PM
The panel will be thin enough to cut with a Dremel. Any cutting disk will cut it, it's just a matter of how long it will last and how easy it is to cut. Sometimes, the crap disks are the best (they are the smallest and easiest to manuver).

The foam has to come out one way or another. I can't tell how it's secured from the pictures, but it will come off, and if you can get it off, you can get it back on, and if you can get it back on, you can reuse it.

computergeek19
09-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Cool thanks for the help bro +rep

The boy 4rm oz
09-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Just remove tho foam completely, in my mod I'm using door seal to dampen vibrations on my doors and drive rails, just use that. 5 meters cost me $5AUS, it's fairly cheap and does the job.