PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Desktops Recommendations

Crazy Buddhist
09-01-2007, 02:10 AM
I've been through three wireless desktops: the first, a Logitech Performed flawlessly, the second, Microsog I returned to the store beause the mouse was so poorly designed it stopped working after three weeks. The currrent, a Labtech and my third, may be going back because despite having some great design features like a docking station to charge the mouse, they screwed up on a few basics.

After one week the mouse squeals when the wheel is used. And the mouse does not clearly display when it is charged so often half way through the day I end up using a wired PS2 mouse while the pretty little Labtech sits there charging :( How annoying that will be two months from now makes me realise I won't be using it then.

Would anyone steer me towards anything other than going back to Logitech?

crenn
09-01-2007, 03:37 AM
I would say Logitech is your best bet..... but that's just me. Look at a G7

Cagedconnerman
09-01-2007, 03:45 AM
I got an MX5000 desktop set up a few days ago, omg uber pwnage if i do say so myself. For those that don't speak mild geek, oh my lord, this desktop set-up is very nicely made, and performs as well as it looks. I still use my G5 when i'm sitting at the desk, because i don't wanna toss it.

Quakken
09-04-2007, 07:49 AM
Someday i just may go wireless. It would be useless to go wireless because my computer is right here, but hey, my 2 button 1 scrollwheel compaw mouse has to die someday...

XcOM
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
logitech and trust are of the best wireless dektops, i say trust as there normally the old logitech designs sold to trust.

.Maleficus.
09-04-2007, 05:20 PM
My Logitech EasyCall owns hard. Not much else to say.

Zephik
09-04-2007, 05:32 PM
My Logitech EasyCall owns hard. Not much else to say.

Mine does too. EasyCall FTW!

BTW I've been using my EasyCall Desktop for over a year now. I haven't been disappointed with it yet. The only time I don't like it, is when once a month or less you have to change the batteries. But thats after the red light blinks for two weeks, warning you that your batteries are dying. Two month battery life or more? Awesome.

Crazy Buddhist
09-05-2007, 12:12 AM
well cheers guys seems we r all singing from the same songsheet. logitec win all the way. funny how a company can do that: gain an edge no one else ever quite matches in a niche market.

Dilphat
09-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Yea logitec. they make pretty good wireless desktop pieces. also, if you don't mind modding the keybaord you can put a wireless setup so that you can put it into the keyboard so no more touching the power button when you are far away and you have your keyboard near u. haha

simon275
09-05-2007, 02:41 AM
I have been using a Microsoft wireless desktop for a couple of years now. The keyboard and mouse are solid and the AA batteries in them last for ages. Also the mouse has put up with a lot of punishment and has held up like a champ.

Crazy Buddhist
09-05-2007, 09:17 AM
My suggestion? Go back to logitech CB, it is calling and beckoning you back to it. ;) -Jeremy

as soon as i am out of this hospital bed i will. currently communicating via this:

http://www.royalberkshire.nhs.uk/img/Patientline.jpg

which has so far BSOD'd on me twice today revealing its based on a Epia mobo with embedded windows. trying to type on a keyboard with built in pointer that is in the back of the telephone tthingy on the right. its taken me ten minutes to type this f****** post.

oh i ended up here cos i dropped from 128 llb to 112 between last tuesday and yesterday. oh balls.

xRyokenx
09-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Yikes. How did that happen?

Crazy Buddhist
09-05-2007, 01:36 PM
my body is weak and i got a bug. it nearly got me over the w/end. picking up now thanks ryoken :)

XcOM
09-05-2007, 06:00 PM
aslong as your getting well.

xRyokenx
09-05-2007, 08:57 PM
When I get sick I don't eat much either... yet somehow I don't lose much weight, lol, I just lose my appetite for a while afterwords too... it's curious how I eat a lot at times and don't gain weight, I seem to stay at this one size and weight no matter what, lol... huh. Something to investigate... but glad you're doing better.

-Anthony