PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Now Free For Download

Indybird
09-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Right here (http://www.fileplanet.com/180410/180000/fileinfo/Far-Cry-Full-Game-%5BFree-Game---Ad-Supported%5D)

Im downloading right now. Apparently its absolutely packed with ads, but hey: Free Far Cry. Im not complaining.

Enjoy!

-Indybird

xRyokenx
09-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Sweet, but is it legal too?

EDIT: Went to download it and it's ****ing FilePlanet. I hate those guys, NO I"M NOT GOING TO SUBSCRIBE, JUST LET ME DOWNLOAD ALREADY!

Omega
09-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I guess it's for those who don't already have the game on CD.

Still, cool.

xRyokenx
09-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Getting it from GamersHell, yay lack of subscription!

EDIT: Nevermind, it's a demo... I'll just see if my neighbor wants his copy any more and I'll play that, lol.

.Maleficus.
09-02-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll download it later... Every public server is full with a 45 minute wait.

Indybird
09-02-2007, 06:51 PM
There are already torrents out for the Legal version. That's what I'm doing...

-Indybird

Zephik
09-02-2007, 07:17 PM
There are already torrents out for the Legal version. That's what I'm doing...

-Indybird

So long as its the ad packed one. Thats the trade off. You get a free game, but the game is packed with ads. So the game company doesn't loose money.

Did you see this one? Awesome!

http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/default.aspx?id=61#NewsMain

I'm downloading it now, but the speed is maxing out around 10kbps. That, and it doesn't always work when you try to download it.

Greco101
09-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Sweet, but is it legal too?

EDIT: Went to download it and it's ****ing FilePlanet. I hate those guys, NO I"M NOT GOING TO SUBSCRIBE, JUST LET ME DOWNLOAD ALREADY!

Hahaha, I was the same way until I found out there is a free subscription option

Spawn-Inc
09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
so were are the ad's? are they built in the install part, or if your in the game and you walk by a bill board theres a real ad?

Indybird
09-02-2007, 10:07 PM
so were are the ad's? are they built in the install part, or if your in the game and you walk by a bill board theres a real ad?

I don't know. All I now is there is a lot of advertisments. I'm guessing there will be ads while loading the game, loading a level, on in-game billboards, as you leave the game and as you install the game.

Mines 85% downloaded, so I'll let you know tonight.

-Indybird

Indybird
09-03-2007, 12:27 AM
oohh, I don't know about this one. The download is done, I've installed it and have played a bit. There were no ads in the installer, but once I start the game...oi.

It shows the intro videos then sits there for a minute doing nothing. All of a sudden, here comes a McDonalds ad. Lasts about a minute, I guess it was downloading it before. After that, it gets to the menu screen which is crammed with ads. Once you start loading a game, guess what, you gotta wait for another ad to download and then watch it. Once thats all done, the game's fine. The only problem is that I have friggin no clue how to get past this one part...

If you can stand all of the ads, I'd recommned downloading this. Its pretty nice for being free.

-Indybird