PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla "Reset" - Deleting Bookmarks

xRyokenx
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Mozilla kind of defaulted to its default settings today for some reason, I booted up my PC and went to come here and my bookmarks were gone, and it had reset all of the settings in the Tools>Settings thing. I had shut off my PC using just the power button, but I've done that before and it hasn't damaged anything, I believe it shut down properly. Anyone have an idea of how and/or why this happened and how I could fix it without adding everything again?

DaveW
09-03-2007, 05:39 PM
This happened to me-what I'd done was i'd moved my Firefox Icon from my Start Menu Folder. Then the one from 'All Users' had appeared in its place and was using the default settings.

If you get my drift.

I just made new Faves, couldn't figure out how to get them back.

-Dave

xRyokenx
09-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm probably just gonna have to put them all back, oh well. I might do a clean format soon as everything on here is messing up, Mozilla, now Oblivion, etc. etc. etc. Piece of crap, oh well.

simon275
09-03-2007, 11:49 PM
This has happened to my twice in the past. Firefox actually seems to have profiles stored for you which contains options and Bookmarks.

Go bookmarks manage bookmarks then hit file and import. I believe there is a folder somewhere which stores your profile look in my docs and the FF Mozilla directory under program files.

Hope this helps.

xRyokenx
09-04-2007, 09:33 AM
I"ll give it a shot, thanks.