PDA

View Full Version : No Signal Detected

Palgie
09-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Hello, I'v been upgrading my system over the past few months, i have graphics card, 700W PSU, Mobo and 2GB Ram so far... After buying my PSU and RAM fitted into PC and cannot now after connecting the wires with the new PSU Seem to get the monitor to pick up a signal, i have tested monitor on other PC seems to work, Graphics card fan spins arround and the fans all work fine apart from the monitor.

I have read through a few articles and one person had the same thing as me after a while they found out there mobo wasnt using supporters to keep off the metal panel at the side... however mine have them fitted aswell... cant seem to find the problem, the Monitor DID work before the new PSU arrived and RAM, is there something to do with not having the wires in the right place? Loose wires? or faulty parts perhaps?

Please help out, desperate to get this working :(

Current Specs: 2GB Ram, 700W PSU, 512MB GFX, Asus P5N-E SLI 650i Motherboard.

Future Specs: 4GB RAM, 700W PSU, 768MB 8800GTX Ultra, Asus P5N-E SLI 650i, Intel Core 2 Quad.

I tryed to check the power wires, unplugging other components (HD, DVD Drive etc) Tryed leaving 1gb in and trying that, still nothing, PC Runs fine as does the monitor on a different PC... What i was probably questioning is because the graphics card is PCI-E theres a adapter for it on there, im thinking perhaps this is the cause?

Anyone got any ideas of how i can fix please :?

Thx!

XcOM
09-05-2007, 12:01 PM
if you still have the old parts, put them in and see if it comes back to life.

Mitternacht
09-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Is your monitor vga or dvi cable too close to the power cord for the PC? You may be having interference issues.

Palgie
09-05-2007, 12:07 PM
No sorry i do no long have the parts.

Also the Power Cable for PC is very far from the monitor cable on this pc :think:

Phil.

Eclecticos
09-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Reset the BIOS.
Its that little jumper next to your battery.

Consult your mobo manual. . you may have to remove the battery.
Thats always fixed my No Signal problems, that and making adjustments in Bios.

Palgie
09-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the advice, i removed the battery but even with it not in place still was giving the errors, the monitor turns on but doesnt load any screens just appears to check for signal and not find so i dont think i can change my Bios.

Could it be something on the PSU making the graphics card not work because it worked before i got that and the new RAM?

Phil

Eclecticos
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM
The bettery needs to be in there you need to move the little jumper pin next to the battery over.

Looks like this:
http://www.infopackets.com/graphics/cmos+jumper.gif

Move it over one. Hit your power button. .Computer shouldn't come on.
Put it back in its origonal spot Hit the power button agian, and your video should kick over.

Palgie
09-05-2007, 12:51 PM
Brilliant that worked a treat, thanks for the help mate!

+Rep :D

Phil.

Airbozo
09-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Brilliant that worked a treat, thanks for the help mate!

+Rep :D

Phil.

I also +repped him for helping you!

Welcome to the forums!

Crazy Buddhist
09-05-2007, 03:40 PM
I also +repped him for helping you!

Welcome to the forums!

ditto ... ditto :)

crenn
09-05-2007, 09:58 PM
You have to remove the battery for 10-15 minutes for the CMOS to be cleared completely. Using the jumper pins is normally the much better way. Don't need to have it plugged in either.