PDA

View Full Version : CPU air in/out

weirdguy
08-03-2005, 02:51 PM
So for my CPU I plan to have a tube from frozencpu connecting to a 120 fan in the back of my case. Like this:
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4165/mypic3910jr.jpg
My question is, should the 120 fan be sucking air out or pusing in in?

Malatory
08-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Same way that the HS fan was/is placed on there.

Also looking at it. I would say it was made for blowing out of the case. With it mounted on the back of the PC it would draw in hotter air.

If the fan is sucking in .. can you place it at the front of the PC, Air is typical cooler in from of the case than the back of it.

weirdguy
08-03-2005, 03:00 PM
I guess it could go to the front of the PC, there's a 120 mount there too, but it would take up hard drive space and I would probally need 2 tubes.

Malatory
08-03-2005, 03:57 PM
set it to blow out and see what the temps are and then turn it around and check temps again. Best way to find out what is best.

Zeus
08-03-2005, 07:35 PM
could also cut a hole in the side of the case an intake from there.

weirdguy
08-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I do have holes in the side of my case but there's only room for 80mm fans.

bboy360
08-03-2005, 08:20 PM
not worth it.

Aero
08-03-2005, 08:36 PM
I would say place it like in the pic and have it bring air in, then place an 80mm on the sie of the case to bring air out, and a 92mm in the front to bring air in.

or

use the pic configuration and then get a slot blower to blow air out of the case in a spare PCI card slot, this will also keep your cid card cooler. And then place a 92 mm in the front of the case.

wait, arn't those tubes from frozen CPU only good with 60,70,and 80mm fans?

weirdguy
08-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I'll have to try some of that.

I have 2 80mm fan holes on the side of my case, towards the bottom.

And I would get and 80mm fan tube and get an adapotor (not from frozencpu).

sXenoG
08-04-2005, 01:07 AM
my response to this that the heatsinks are designed to draw heat from what ever they are attached to. They however need hair to be blown pass them to help dissipate the heat. Thus the CPU fan blows TWORDS the heatsink i believe this is true in call cases but please do correct me if im wrong. If what i said it true then you should have air blowing IN on that tube. If the air is hotter in the back then have all fans from the back be intakes (lessens the heat back there) then have all the fans in the front and side be out takes I believe this would work well but this is all theory based.

Malatory
08-04-2005, 10:40 AM
my response to this that the heatsinks are designed to draw heat from what ever they are attached to. They however need hair to be blown pass them to help dissipate the heat. Thus the CPU fan blows TWORDS the heatsink i believe this is true in call cases but please do correct me if im wrong. If what i said it true then you should have air blowing IN on that tube. If the air is hotter in the back then have all fans from the back be intakes (lessens the heat back there) then have all the fans in the front and side be out takes I believe this would work well but this is all theory based.

Some heat sinks work better with the fan blowing away from the Heat Sink. That is why I told him to check with the HS manufacture. You need air flow across the HS and the fan moves the air across the HS either way it is facing.

robobot
08-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I've seen this before. the kit comes with a deflector that redirects the flow of an 80mm fan (like on the PSU) upwards. that way the CPU heatsink fan can still intake cold air, even from the back of the case. I don't think the kit comes with a 120mm adapter though.

sXenoG
08-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Didnt know that malatory the fans ive used have never had much suction... thats why i felt it hard to believe this case but ill believe you on this 1 :)