PDA

View Full Version : HP Blackbird 002 Extreme Gaming PC

Indybird
09-07-2007, 06:17 PM
HP Blackbird 002 (http://h20435.www2.hp.com/#/home/)
(Title is link)

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/gallery/files/Gallery-Detail_1.jpg

Wow. Just wow. This is just about the nicest looking pre-built gaming PC I've ever seen. The case is just, well, beautiful. It's got everything:
-Integrated Watercooling
-100% Customizability with many consumer-known parts
-ATI Crossfire or Nvidia SLI, on the same board! (HP Custom ASUS Crossfire)
-100% Tool-less (Even processor!)
-Very cool design
-Stand that "Simulates Hovering"
-Perfect placement of grills and LEDs

I love it. If was buying a prebuilt computer, I would, without a question buy this.

Tell what you all think.

-Indybird

Quakken
09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Mine. Where do i buy it. I want it. I need it. I better get my dad's employee discount on it.

It better not be double priced like the voodoo ones. I can see that thing on my desk, being awesome and quiet, as well as modding it a tiny bit, different color LED's and a little bit of clearness on the sides, as in very small windows made of plexi. Or not. I'd have to see it in person.

HP has really been coming up with some cool new stuff lately. their laptops are getting cooler and cooler, they have that possible "virtus" case (also totally cool) and now this, this totally awesome floating case. It makes total sense, cooling on all sides. I want it. Also, overclocking will be easy with that non-proprietary bios (but who would need more power with THOSE specs?)

I need it.

xRyokenx
09-07-2007, 06:38 PM
That is nice... how much does it go for?

Quakken
09-07-2007, 06:47 PM
That's the only bad part, currently upwards of 2.5k.

Maybe hp will... lower the price... by like 2000 dollars.

We'll see. I'm pretty sure it won't stay ridiculously expensive for long.

xRyokenx
09-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Hell, even just the case would be nice. As good of stuff you can make with modding some stuff takes too much work for just going out and buying it (me = lazy)... depends on the product though.

Quakken
09-07-2007, 09:21 PM
This looks too cool.

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/3458827/

ALL forged aluminum. Those fins on the top are forged aluminum. I like the slot loading drives, and the hard drive carriers look amazing.

I like the foot also. It looks... different, and different is good to me. also, a VESA mount on the side? i can mount a monitor there? SWEET.

Of course, it costs AT LEAST 2500 dollars, And it's a little bit strange and otherworldly. also, the mobo looks really hard to take out, but i bet all of those covers are easily removable and you can get right down in there.

What they should do is make it a barebones system, with the mobo (it's crossfire AND sli compatable, with 3 pci express) and the power supply, you supply the rest of the stuff. You would get that amazing case, and the amazing PS, as well as the BIOS which is supposed to be awesome.

Of course, this is all before it is launched and a full, real review will probably reveal some more flaws, but so far it looks fantastic.

BerticusPryme
09-08-2007, 09:48 AM
yeah i am going to have to have 2 of them cuz god knows i will break the first one....

Spawn-Inc
09-08-2007, 11:23 AM
while it looks nice and if you can get it fully loaded for 2500 thats pretty dam good, but i'm sure fully loaded it will run 4k+. i'm worried about the quality of water blocks and performance from the water coling system. (note i didn't check all the specs so i'm not sure who makes the wc system) also while the concept and look of the stand are good, minus the front foot part, it looks tipsy. i really like the hidden (i think it flips up and down) usb, microphone, headphone, etc ports at the top. depending on prices i would seriously look at it.

Indybird
09-08-2007, 11:58 AM
while it looks nice and if you can get it fully loaded for 2500 thats pretty dam good, but i'm sure fully loaded it will run 4k+. i'm worried about the quality of water blocks and performance from the water coling system. (note i didn't check all the specs so i'm not sure who makes the wc system) also while the concept and look of the stand are good, minus the front foot part, it looks tipsy. i really like the hidden (i think it flips up and down) usb, microphone, headphone, etc ports at the top. depending on prices i would seriously look at it.

EK makes the watercoooling system, just to let ya know. As far as I've seen, they're pretty good.

-Indybird

Quakken
09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I bet you can get it very well decked out for 3000.

Once this comes out, I will be tempted to call HP and see if you can score the case, mobo, and PS in a package by itself. Seriously, I just like the look of it and the function of it. In that video, it said that it had a VESA mount on the opposite-of-the-door side, so I would buy a monitor, make a second little leg and mount it on the monitor side for stability, and put the monitor directly on the PC.

It would be epic if they sold just the barebones kit. Epic.

learning2mod
09-09-2007, 12:25 AM
thats one of the sweetest OEM cases I have ever seen. I am curious to see how it preforms . I have seen too many times OEM machines that could talk the talk but couldnt walk the walk...a shame really. but that is one mean looking machine and I hate to say that because I HATE HP....whats this world coming to ...LOL

Indybird
09-09-2007, 01:09 AM
thats one of the sweetest OEM cases I have ever seen. I am curious to see how it preforms . I have seen too many times OEM machines that could talk the talk but couldnt walk the walk...a shame really. but that is one mean looking machine and I hate to say that because I HATE HP....whats this world coming to ...LOL

Heres (http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/HP_Blackbird_002_High_Performance_Gaming_System/) a review saying that it kicks total ass. I am still more than happy enough with custom built computers and modded cases. If I ever had enough money for two high-end gaming systems, that would probably be the second tho.

-Indybird

The boy 4rm oz
09-09-2007, 08:10 AM
It's a good computer but much like Alienware you pay for the brand name. I like the case though, looks really cool but in my opinion the only thing HP should be allowed to make and sell is printers.

Quakken
09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
You don't sell printers. You sell ink, and you give the printers away.

That case is like nothing you've ever seen. They need to just sell it.

xRyokenx
09-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Actually, you pay for parts, labor (building the thing), wages for all of their employees, and what's a business if you don't get some profit? It's kind of dumb to have your own company with nothing in it for yourself, don't you think?

calumc
09-09-2007, 05:55 PM
have you ever seen a lower end inkjet though? its cheaper to buy a whole printer with ink than it is to but the ink on its own

xRyokenx
09-09-2007, 05:57 PM
I know that much, ink is worse than gas is... hence why I don't have a printer of my own right now... they should seriously do something about that crap.

Spawn-Inc
09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
You don't sell printers. You sell ink, and you give the printers away.

That case is like nothing you've ever seen. They need to just sell it.

sounds like seinfeld,

You know what they say, 'You don't sell the steak, you sell the sizzle - Kramer

if its for multipurpose printing i buy the refill kits and drill a whole int he tank and just reuse. if its for photo printing (which i don't have) i would be the real ink for it since its got to the best.

jdbnsn
09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Now if that was a custom mod, I'd have a woodie. But for an assembly line PC, I've seen worse, and I've seen much better built by teenagers.

The boy 4rm oz
09-10-2007, 03:20 AM
I've seen much better built by teenagers.
Yeah so have I, the case does look great though, reminds me of the new Thermaltake case SwordM, check it out, It's an awesome case. My be big and expensive (Taichi style) but damn it looks good.