PDA

View Full Version : op system no booting

Fallen
09-07-2007, 07:08 PM
when ever i let my computer boot up it doesnt turn xp on it just leaves a black screen. it used to work but i tried to overclock it. but i reset the bios and everything and still doesnt work...

calumc
09-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Does it even beep as if its going to boot?

Omega
09-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Did you pop the CMOS battery and leave it out for 5 minutes?

If you did, well, this is why I don't OC anymore. =p

Fallen
09-07-2007, 08:02 PM
hm good ideas. but i never really liked this mobo and cpu. it was for a basic comp. 1.6 amd 754 socket. i got it to oc to 1.9 forawhile but i cant find the program for it. im looking tino a new board cpu ram and pcie card system. rightnow im just testing it. but i will try those things

Greco101
09-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Ya, they say you only need to wait about 30 seconds with the battery out but that's a load of bull lol.

Fallen
09-07-2007, 10:03 PM
hm this next post is gunna be off topic lol. i noticed that im fresh paint but i just put 2 coats on my chassis today.

Crazy Buddhist
09-08-2007, 01:38 AM
when ever i let my computer boot up it doesnt turn xp on it just leaves a black screen. it used to work but i tried to overclock it. but i reset the bios and everything and still doesnt work...

How did you reset the BIOS? with the jumpers?

Is anything happening?

Are you getting the post screen (text stuff before windows loads)?

Is it beeping?

It might be you have blown the Power Supply if it wasn't up to the Overclock.

Omega
09-08-2007, 03:33 AM
It might be you have blown the Power Supply if it wasn't up to the Overclock.

I really doubt it. If the PSU wasn't up to the OC (and I'm doubting he increased the voltage, and probably isn't pulling much more wattage), then it probably would just not feed the system. Or if It's a good PSU, it would turn itself off to prevent damage.

I'm going to guess that something blew. CPU or FSB, maybe.

But yeah, you should upgrade from that 754 rig. I just upgraded from mine and it is nice. =D

Crazy Buddhist
09-08-2007, 04:44 AM
I really doubt it. If the PSU wasn't up to the OC (and I'm doubting he increased the voltage, and probably isn't pulling much more wattage), then it probably would just not feed the system. Or if It's a good PSU, it would turn itself off to prevent damage.

I did blow my PSU with an OC last week so however much you doubt it I know it happens and that it has exactly these symptoms. PSU still fired but machine would not boot. New PSU - now all good.

:)

Fallen
09-11-2007, 08:17 PM
no it would goto post but nothing would show up afterwards... and there was no smoke and anything smelling of that..

Dilphat
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
You might have just burnt out your cpu. but yeah, an upgrade sounds good! haha

Crazy Buddhist
09-11-2007, 11:11 PM
no it would goto post but nothing would show up afterwards... and there was no smoke and anything smelling of that..

Take a photograph of what appears on the screen and put it up here please.

Edit: I still think you have blown your PSU. This is just like the symptoms mine had.

haha49
09-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Ya, they say you only need to wait about 30 seconds with the battery out but that's a load of bull lol.

unpluge the computer and then remove the battery.. then it will rest..

Fallen
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
well i had the program that gigabyte gave me for the mobo. but yeah i will get the picture soon but i have to goto work. so it may tame me awhile to get it on here