PDA

View Full Version : Driver irql not less or equal

HackSore
09-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Ok, i had a sound blaster live running fine in my machine, but i came into an extigy, so i thought i would try it out.
Now, thinking i was being clever and saving myself some work, i set a restore point before i started working, with my machine running fine and the drivers for the live on it.
So i uninstalled the live drivers, connected the extigy and installed its drivers, and everything was running fine.
I then disconnected the extigy, and used system restore to get my system back to running the live, and when i rebooted, i got a driver irql not less or equal blue screen.
Happens every time i try and boot into windows, but i can get into safe mode.

I tried taking the live card out of the machine, and the blue screen stops, but windows still wont boot, the screen just goes black after the windows loading bar.

Any advice on how to sort this would be much appreciated!

Cheers.

calumc
09-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Go into safe mode, uninstall the all the sound card drivers, boot into normal mode and then download + install the newest drivers

Crazy Buddhist
09-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Go into safe mode, uninstall the all the sound card drivers, boot into normal mode and then download + install the newest drivers

Spot on - and don't forget to show hidden devices so you GET THEM ALL LOL

HackSore
09-08-2007, 12:42 PM
ah, forgot to mention that earlier, tried to uninstall the drivers in safe mode, but apparantly one of the installation files was missing, so it wouldnt uninstall, any idea hows to get around that?

Crazy Buddhist
09-08-2007, 12:48 PM
reinstall it again first

HackSore
09-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Nevermind, managed to uninstall the drivers, so everything is sorted.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replys though guys.

Much appreciated!

calumc
09-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I think that calls for a round of +rep!