PDA

View Full Version : This officer sure is doing a great job of keeping us all safe

DaJe
09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2715792117793977759&hl=en

This kind of makes me want to put a camera in my car. It could be useful for other things as well, such as I were ever in an accident. Though I wouldn't want the video to remain in the car, it would have to be uploaded somewhere. I'm sure you guys could come up with some ideas though. And if anyone seriously would want to help me setup something like that, I might be up for it.

xRyokenx
09-11-2007, 08:42 PM
What a dick, I hope he gets thrown out of his job and never gets another... seriously, I now want some kind of surveillance in my vehicle too... now how to implement it... hmm... first of all, solar panels as they can charge batteries for the camera and transmitter... two, maybe a small computer with one of those internet cards you get through a cell phone company and have it upload to a server... hmm...

elbarto241
09-11-2007, 09:41 PM
That a damn shame, reminds me when i got a ticket for walking in a driveway and not using the sidewalk.

Eclecticos
09-11-2007, 09:46 PM
There all like that down here. . Just make stuff up and charge you with it.
Hes lucky he didn't get tased.

crenn
09-11-2007, 09:47 PM
wtf....

xRyokenx
09-11-2007, 09:48 PM
So much for people keeping their word. What they say means nothing, so who can believe anything that someone else says? I say just zap 'em every time they start to talk, yammering about nothing doesn't help anyone.

Dilphat
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
dang what a prick! it's cops like him that piss me off so much! It reminds me of when I was driving back to my hometown in CA, and had to stop by LA since the freeway was blocked off for a good 7 miles, and no detour signs were posted. I exited and asked a cop for some directions. 2 cops in the car.
1. They pulled lights on me. One looking inside my truck from the outside, and one directly in my face.
2. They talked as if i did not speak english. Like in "Rush Hour"
3. They did not help me get back onto the freeway.
which made me use so much gas just trying to figure out the freeways and making my own detour.

Quakken
09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Seems staged. But hey, I bet there is some cop out there with some evil in his diet.

Evil.

Evil.

I don't really know where I am going with this.

xRyokenx
09-11-2007, 11:12 PM
EVIIIIIIL! EVIL! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!

:mad::eek:

*Runs and hides in the corner for a while*

Zephik
09-12-2007, 04:42 AM
Ha, I just got done watching that video. Me thinks someone likes Digg. ;)

http://www.digg.com/offbeat_news/Officer_in_Trouble_Over_Motorist_s_Video

That video got my heart beating pretty fast. I've had a few run ins with cops before, nothing bad of course, mostly speeding, its just scary when you get pulled over for some reason.

Smart kid though, its a good thing that he knows how to keep his mouth shut (for the most part), otherwise that cop would of probably took the camera as some kind of evidence or something. I'm sure that officer could of "made something up" to confiscate it. He was doing a pretty good job at trying to get the kid to step out of line too.

I don't particularly care about his past record as an officer, but that right there, where he says he can "just make something up" and when he starts raising his voice and using improper language and as well as trying to provoke that kid, thats just horrible. He should be demoted in rank at the very least. No good cop would ever say that kind of crap or act in such a way as this one did. Sad. :(

I'm definitely going to install a tape recorder into my next vehicle, at the very least. Although, to get a nice one, it might just be cheaper and easier to get a mounted camcorder like the one that this kid has. Not that I'm afraid this will happen to me or anything, but you really never know. It could come in handy for lots of things too. I'll make sure to put it on a swivel bracket thinger though, so I can turn it around and what not.

xRyokenx
09-12-2007, 02:40 PM
If I were really worried about it, here's what I'd do:

Get a cheap laptop with one of those Sprint wireless network cards that go through the cell towers, get a couple small webcams and have them record constant sound of a reasonable quality and take a frame every half second or so, and have it upload to a server with a bigass HDD either at my house, work, wherever. I'd also have a solar panel on the roof (mounted in an inconspicuous way) to charge the laptop constantly. Good security, no? lol Oh, the laptop would have an external hard drive too, a big one mounted somewhere secure and where it won't get broken. Oh, all this would be in there in a way that it wouldn't be noticeable... /paranoia

D1337
09-12-2007, 06:19 PM
It was on the news today, the officer is now on an unpaid suspension.

elbarto241
09-12-2007, 08:27 PM
good to hear, maybe that will teach him a well deserved lesson.

Greco101
09-13-2007, 01:16 AM
Damn... so far I've had good luck with cops and they all let me go. First time I was pulled over I was doing 130 in a 35 o.O