PDA

View Full Version : Optical Issues.

Omega
09-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Sadly, Glasses won't fix this.

I think the lasers in my PX-716a are dead. It can't read, it can't write, etc. Firmware's fine (Version 1.09, not the newest but updating to the newest doesn't do ****e) and all the connections are secure.

Any tips, though? Perhaps I'm just missing something.

Also, it sucks not having a backup DVD drive, an my sister won't let me use hers =p

solidheat
09-16-2007, 10:32 AM
haha either get a new sister or get a new drive, the latter is the cheaper :D
have u tried switching IDE ports? that could be the problem, u have power because thats straight from supply although as i said it may be one of ur IDE ports so try playing around with that and go from there if all else fails DVD drives are mass produced so forking out $50 odd dollars wont hurt u at all(btw im from australia so $50 isent much)
hope that helps :)

Omega
09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Here's the problem, I'm already 330$ in debt.

Here's the solution: My dad. He's got a new DVD burner in his car. I'm just waiting for him to get home.

My mobo only has one IDE channel (for some ungodly reason), and It worked when I installed windows and so forth.

Basically, I'm not worried about it anymore.

.Maleficus.
09-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if it's even installed correctly? If you see a yellow !, you know it isn't.

Omega
09-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if it's even installed correctly? If you see a yellow !, you know it isn't.

Did that. The drive basically was just completely dead.

However, I am now running some LG drive that can do freaking anything. So all's well.

Dilphat
09-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Did that. The drive basically was just completely dead.

However, I am now running some LG drive that can do freaking anything. So all's well.

can it cook rice? j/k. but what model is it? i need to get me a new drive also.

crenn
09-17-2007, 09:23 AM
If you want a new drive, try a Pioneer 112D or 212 if you want SATA.