PDA

View Full Version : Ball of Energy.

Indybird
09-15-2007, 01:15 AM
This is a picture of my plasma globe, but with a little bit of modification:
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs19/300W/f/2007/257/2/9/Plasma_Globe_by_indybird.jpg (http://indybird.deviantart.com/art/Plasma-Globe-64925990)
http://tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs19/300W/f/2007/270/3/f/Plasma_Globe___TBCS_Style_by_indybird.jpg (http://indybird.deviantart.com/art/Plasma-Globe-TBCS-Style-65927846)
(Pictures are links)

Just added the freshly made TBCS version!

Check out the detailed description on DA.

Enjoy,
Indybird

crenn
09-15-2007, 01:32 AM
*leaves comment on DA*

That looks awesome.... if only they made plasma globes of that colour!

Scotty
09-15-2007, 04:55 AM
*also leaves comment on DA*
*also adds, Indy, Crenn and Ryoken to watch list*

Now all you need to do is mod one to make it that colour :D

Commando
09-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Impressive. Some of the greatest photos are simple like that.

Really cool. +rep, cause I'm a sucker for cool graphic design.

NightrainSrt4
09-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Wow, that is one cool picture. +rep

I know I could do it anyway because it is sitting out in the open on the internet, but I respect you and will hereby ask first:

May I use that pic as my desktop background?

Indybird
09-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Wow, that is one cool picture. +rep

I know I could do it anyway because it is sitting out in the open on the internet, but I respect you and will hereby ask first:

May I use that pic as my desktop background?

Most definitely, thats what I made it for.

-Indybird

NightrainSrt4
09-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks Indy! Its a sick pic. Good Job with it!

edit: ahhh, that is one nice desktop background i got here...wonder where it came from...*whistles* lol. Thanks, its good work. My girlfriend just asked where that came from. I told her "from Indybird!". She laughed.

AJ@PR
09-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I like it!

props to you!
Very cool!

SgtM
09-27-2007, 06:47 AM
I'll have to check it out when I get home. The proxy here at work blocks DA for teh pR0n.

xRyokenx
09-27-2007, 01:54 PM
You know, that "ball of energy" would make a kickass animated desktop if there were some way to do that... dA + pr0n, lol. Seriuosly, that site gets out of hand at times...

Indybird
09-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, until I get an HD video camera to capture my plasma globe for an animated desktop, you'll just have to live with the new TBCS version I made of it...

-Indybird

xRyokenx
09-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Lol, okay. I've been changing it a lot lately, I wonder if there's any way to set up Windows to change it every time you restart the PC or something, that'd be cool.

luciusad2004
10-04-2007, 08:38 AM
Lol, okay. I've been changing it a lot lately, I wonder if there's any way to set up Windows to change it every time you restart the PC or something, that'd be cool.

I am pretty sure i have seen programs that can do that sort of thing for you.
Id have to look around because i don't know off hand but i seem to remember seeing one that could do what you said, or you could even set particular backgrounds for particular dates. I'll google it now and if i find anything I'll PM it to you.

These wallpapers are nice, I used to have one of those Electric ball things but for whatever reason it faded out. Like it would work, but it was so dim you could barely see it except with the lights off. Even then it was like, the little trails of electricity were so well dispersed that it just wasn't as exciting to look at.

Iv'e always loved those things though. Great work!

Luke122
10-04-2007, 11:22 AM
These wallpapers are nice, I used to have one of those Electric ball things but for whatever reason it faded out. Like it would work, but it was so dim you could barely see it except with the lights off. Even then it was like, the little trails of electricity were so well dispersed that it just wasn't as exciting to look at.!

I did too, and found that I had to clean the outside of the sphere with rubbing alcohol to keep the trails reaching the glass, otherwise it would just turn into a dull glow until you touched it.

luciusad2004
10-04-2007, 12:30 PM
I did too, and found that I had to clean the outside of the sphere with rubbing alcohol to keep the trails reaching the glass, otherwise it would just turn into a dull glow until you touched it.

actually... that makes alot of sense. Mine was really dusty. Eitherway, its to late now, i don't remember what ever happened to it. Thanks for the tip though, someday i'll have a new one lol.

Luke122
10-04-2007, 01:45 PM
I got mine @ Ratshack for $20. :)

luciusad2004
10-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Whats ratshack? I've heard of radioshack, but not ratshack. I got mine, when i had one, from kmart. It wasn't anything fancy.