PDA

View Full Version : Eye tatooing

DaJe
09-16-2007, 07:09 AM
http://www.bizarremag.com/weird_world/body_world/6155/eye_tattooing.html

Just when you think you can no longer be shocked by a body modification, along comes the eyeball tattoo

http://www.bizarremag.com/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_10/bizarre_magazine_5329_5.jpg

Yes, the eyeball tattoo. People really are getting their peepers tattooed in more or less the same way that you would get any other part of your body inked.

Along with two of his friends, Pauly Unstoppable and Josh, Shannon Larratt, founder and owner of body-modification website Bmezine.com, had the procedure done about four weeks ago. Although Shannon is heavily modified and said it wasn’t “a big deal”, he did concede to feeling a little trepidation: “I’d much rather a bunch of people had done it before me, but what choice do I have?”

Shannon says they adopted “a really simple, lo-tech approach” to the procedure. His eye was held open, using a forefinger and thumb, as the pigment, which is the exact same type you would use in a regular tattoo, was injected into his eyeball.

“We injected pigment under the top layer of the eye using a syringe, which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been done before, either medically or cosmetically.”

Although that sounds rather dangerous, Shannon is adamant it isn’t: “The eye is very resilient; you can put almost anything in it. Your eye actually is designed to be able to handle contaminants being there.”

And while researching the procedure he found documents dating back to the late 19th century, when it was first offered as a corrective surgery for people with poor sight, and then as a cosmetic practice to change the colour of the eye.

“It’s one of the oldest forms of tattooing,” says Shannon. “There are medical reports on it from that era that are all positive. They basically say it’s safer than regular tattooing. That’s one reason we felt fairly secure moving forward with this – we felt that if they could do it in 1900 and not have any problems then we should be able to do it now.”

And it’s also done on unsighted eyes reasonably often; it’s not uncommon for people who are blind or have various deformities in their iris to have a doctor touch it up with a tattoo.

“But we’re the first three for a very long time that have had it done on sighted eyes, so this is still in the range of a highly experimental procedure, especially with the injection method,” says Shannon, who plans to have more injections done to give the tattoo a more solid appearance, and then
to have the other eye done as well.

We’ll keep in touch with him and let you know how it works out.

http://www.bizarremag.com/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_10/bizarre_magazine_5332_5.jpg

calumc
09-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Somehow i dont think this will catch on.

.Maleficus.
09-16-2007, 09:35 AM
That is the weirdest thing I've ever seen. AWESOME!

calumc
09-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Did you see the rest of the pictures on the page? that guy looks like he might be a friend of the guy with the ''Modded'' bike!

Eclecticos
09-16-2007, 09:53 AM
::Crinnnggg:: ahhh. Thats Psycho Crazyyy!
So what is the tattoo he got? Some dots on his eyeball with a 5round shader?
Idiot. I swear. :D

Indybird
09-16-2007, 11:02 AM
oh dear good, :cringe:. Gross.

I deem that rediculous.

-Indybird

xRyokenx
09-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Come near my eyes and I'll do something really unpleasant. I can't see worth a crap without contacts, and I can't stand not seeing... but the whole "needle into the eye" thing is just eerie. Kinda cool in its own right though.

xmastree
09-16-2007, 11:54 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/scared/8.gif

Zephik
09-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Very cool, glad to see people pushing the limits and going against the norm.

...I'll stick to the norm though thank you very much. lol

Then again, body tattoos were outrageous only so long ago, now they're practically normal and fairly well accepted. Who knows, maybe eye ball modifications will become the new thing some day.

I'll take the glow in the dark blue if you have it please. ^_^

Omega
09-16-2007, 03:39 PM
I can see it now, a bunch of people walking around at night with glowing eyes

=o

Next thing you know, there will be a whole race of people shaped after WoW races...

nil8
09-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Seeing that made my eyes water. Still, his body, his money, his choice.
Personally I think it's a little extreme, but it's not my place to judge him for it.
I wonder how many interesting conversations he will have because of that now....

xRyokenx
09-17-2007, 09:50 AM
I can see it now, a bunch of people walking around at night with glowing eyes

=o

Next thing you know, there will be a whole race of people shaped after WoW races...

Oh god... gnomes. They'd be kickass for automotive repair maybe, won't have to lift the car up too high, lol.

progbuddy
09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
*adds to list of things to do after labret piercing, mountain dew, and peanut butter jelly time*

Computer-Geek
09-22-2007, 03:13 PM
That would be cool but kinda crazy i would want glow in the dark eyes or red ones :D

si-skyline
09-22-2007, 03:21 PM
im sorry but in one of those pics seeing one of the fellas with black nails i would not goto that studio with a barge pole

on another note and in a twisted way i thought it was quite cool. but still wouldnt get that done and i have had a few things done to myself xD

xRyokenx
09-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I'd recommend waiting a good five to ten years at least just to see if anyone has any problems with the ink and all that crap in their eyes, don't wanna go blind, lol.

si-skyline
09-22-2007, 03:46 PM
lol.. some here.. but did you see his eyes! they were all pop from the ink in his eyes and tbh it dont really look nice

Blebbz
09-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Yet another thing on the list of Things you really shouldn't do. That's just sick. Yuck

nil8
09-29-2007, 02:16 PM
People can do anything they want with their time, money and bodies.
Nothing wrong with someone charting into strange or unique waters, either physically or mentally.

I applaud him for doing it, but there's no way in hell I would do that to myself. I'm happy with my eyes they way they are thank you. Now my skin...that's another matter...

Spawn-Inc
09-29-2007, 03:04 PM
i saw a thing on this before but it wasn't a tattoo, they cut a thin layer of the clear part of the eye (like the do with laser eye surgery) and put a little piece of plastic shaped how ever you want (on tv it was a heart) and then fold the skin back over it and seal it up.