PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Error

The boy 4rm oz
09-19-2007, 06:35 AM
I have recently installed Vista on my PC and am going through the process of re-installing all of my old programs. I came to install iTunes again and everything went fine. The download completed and I was just about to import my library when a screen opened and said there was a critical error and Vista needed to be restarted. I restarted Vista and tried to open iTunes and a screen came up saying that the file could not be found and to uninstall it. I go and try to install it, click uninstall and it goes about like it is trying to install iTunes, after a while another error message says exactly as it did before, cannot find file. I go to my computer and then program files and try to delete the file from there. Once again no success, it says that it cannot be found in the registry and wont let me delete the folder. I try to install again and it tells me to remove the folder from program files before installation but of course I can't.
I downloaded Ultimate Un-Installer to see if that would solve the problem. It works and says that the file has been removed. I got to install it again but still no luck. I insert the disk that came with my iPod (first install attempt was from a file, not disk) and it runs through the whole installation of the iPod files then iTunes but when the iTunes installation is almost complete a error message comes up telling me "iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing. Please reinstall iTunes". So I go to do just that and the same message comes up.
I can't install or uninstall.

Can someone please help me? I have been trying for nearly 2 hours now.

Thank You
The boy 4rm oz

Gun Down
09-19-2007, 07:50 AM
You can always try uninstalling it then reinstalling it

And make sure you have the newest one downloaded

The boy 4rm oz
09-19-2007, 07:59 AM
The problem is that it wont let me uninstall it or reinstall it because it says files are missing and suggests a new installation that I can't do due to the error message.
Yes I am using the latest version of iTunes.

Luke122
09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Check in the event viewer for errors.. it might tell you a bit more detail as to why it wont let you install/uninstall. Apple probably has a troubleshooting guide or FAQ for issues like this on their website as well.

I'll be happy when Vista comes out with an update to the UAC to allow you to teach it to adapt, instead of asking you every bloody time.

The boy 4rm oz
09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
I just disabled the UAC haha, gave me the ****s while I was installing all of my new software, I'm checking the website now.

EDIT: I have checked the Apple website for support and have come up with nothing, time to check google.
EDIT: Well I lucked out in google also, maybe one of you guys can help me.

The boy 4rm oz
09-20-2007, 06:13 AM
Well I don't know what I did but I managed to get iTunes to work.