PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Oblivion Mod Database

xRyokenx
09-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Well, I went to the old site, but since he migrated... here's the new one, this place kicks ass.

www.tesnexus.com

Great job for a database... now I don't have to hunt all over to get my old mods again.

Indybird
09-23-2007, 01:07 PM
That is a nice database. +rep

Too bad most of the people don't submit pictures. That really helps.

-Indybird

xRyokenx
09-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, he moved it all and rebuilt the wobsite, the pictures were lost, but not too big a problem, glad you like it.

xRyokenx
10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I figure necromancy's better than spawning more, so yeah.

Here's a sweet mod I found on this site, it converts the Morrowind data stuff to work with Oblivion, improving gameplay big time. It's only in Beta, so don't expect much. Here's the link.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13347

I loved Morrowind, I just hated the combat system, now I can play it and actually enjoy it. I hope there are halberds and crossbows, but I'm not counting on it as it's in the Oblivion engine. Take note you need copies of both games for this to work.

Indybird
10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
I figure necromancy's better than spawning more, so yeah.

Here's a sweet mod I found on this site, it converts the Morrowind data stuff to work with Oblivion, improving gameplay big time. It's only in Beta, so don't expect much. Here's the link.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13347

I loved Morrowind, I just hated the combat system, now I can play it and actually enjoy it. I hope there are halberds and crossbows, but I'm not counting on it as it's in the Oblivion engine. Take note you need copies of both games for this to work.
Friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, that is the coolest thing ever! Morrowind FTW!

+rep for über find!

-Indybird

xRyokenx
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks. I got it to work after some mucking around... well, the game loads anyways. I haven't disabled all my mods to try it yet, but I go there and the game crashes. I'll be watching it though for when it does become the full version, Morrowind was such a cool, weird place and much more fun to explore than Oblivion. I played Morrowind like crazy for a while, now I can play it again and not get bored so easily! I hope he/she gets it like the original game... I love me some halberds and crossbows.

Indybird
10-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah I just tried it and could not get anything to work. Too bad, morrowind on the oblivion engine would be absolutely beautiful. I can't wait until its out of the beta stage.

-Indybird

xRyokenx
10-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Same here. Did you get the program to work? It's not the main Morrowind file, and if you have it installed on a drive other than the C: drive, you have to look through the files and change the letters around. I saw some screenies, sweet stuff there, I loved Morrowind, big time... hope it hits "Alpha" or whatever soon. I am NOT playing vanilla Morrowind, and Oblivion's getting boring. But yeah, I'll disable my mods and then see if it works tomorrow, today's been long.

Indybird
10-12-2007, 10:25 PM
I miss morrowind: so much more in depth. The only things I like that they added in oblivion are:
-GRAPHICS
-Combat System
-Real Dialogue
-A decent sense of realism

The things I didn't like that they changed are:
-Everything is level-based
-not enough special weapons and side-missions
-not as in-depth
-all of the characters look too human
-inventory (what was wrong w/ morrowinds)
-the way you enchant objects
-a whole bunch of other things

Don't get me wrong, Oblivion is a top-notch game, but a not-so-good sequel.

-Indybird

xRyokenx
10-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I know, I started playing Morrowind a little bit but I remembered how little there is to do without really looking. I wish that Oblivion was better, but meh... that's what modding it is for. I need a different game though, playing one thing is getting old. But that's what Crysis is for when it comes out.

Gen.Omega
10-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Well, when I get a good VGA card I'm gonna mod oblivion (currently too laggy). All the negative stuff you put on there is what I like to fix.
Good find btw

xRyokenx
10-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I love that site. I have a ton of mods, half of which don't work, but whatever, lol. I seriously can't wait until that Morrowind conversion gets out of BETA, it doesn't work right, ah well.

Gen.Omega
10-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I love that site. I have a ton of mods, half of which don't work, but whatever, lol. I seriously can't wait until that Morrowind conversion gets out of BETA, it doesn't work right, ah well.

I will force it to play on my desktop by OCing my VGA card if I have to.
I'd love to try that, looks awesome so far.

xRyokenx
10-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Whenever I beam there in the console it crashes about a half second after I arrive, just a heads up. If you can find a way around that, lemme know.