PDA

View Full Version : Stop! Error Time

simon275
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
So I went to turn on my computer this morning. It boots up windows loading screen comes up it sits there for 20seconds then BSOD

Stop: Coooo21a {Fatal System Error}

The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectatly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000) (0x00000000)

The system has been shut down.

Gotta love windows. So any way after a bit of googling on another computer apparently windows login program is crashing so the system will stop if this happens. Ok so not a huge problem you just have to boot into safe mood and run this debugging tool. Reboots computer tries safe mode. BLUE SCREEN. I try all the safe mode types BSOD.

Ok so I have to install windows. Most of my files are backed up but there are a few I need. Since the hard drive is a SATA drive I have to plug it into my dads dell 9200 to backup the files.

The 9200 mobo has two sata plugs in one corner which have the primary optical drive and hdd plugged into them.

Then another four further down the mobo. The hard drive from my BSOD computer is not detected in the group of four.

And when I tried to unplug the optical drive and plug in the BSOD drive into the plug for the optical drive the computer booted detected the 2nd drive and asked for RAID drives. I don't want to install RAID drivers as this is my dads computer I just want it to detect it as a 2nd drive. Is there any thing special you have to do with dells like turn on the group of four sata plugs? I couldn't find much in google.

Bucko
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
My suggestion would be go into BIOS and see what options you have there. I know I can configure the SATA ports there on my Gigabyte board.

.Maleficus.
09-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Slower way, but not to complicated:

Put it back in your PC.
Boot a Linux LiveCD.
Mount the drive.
Burn the files you need to a disk.

simon275
09-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I got an external drive enclouser for the SATA drive. Windows though is not letting me access my user under my doucments. It is telling me access is denied. I guess it is locking my out as I am not the user of this system.

Help any one?

simon275
09-25-2007, 11:06 PM
What linux distro should I use?

Edit: Downloading Knoppix.

This will teach me to make backups daily instead of weekly.

simon275
09-26-2007, 01:45 AM
So after playing around a bit I got knoppix working on my dad's pc and I have the hard drive in an external enclosure. I am now backing up my files.

Cheers

AJ@PR
09-26-2007, 07:54 AM
So after playing around a bit I got knoppix working on my dad's pc and I have the hard drive in an external enclosure. I am now backing up my files.

Cheers

FTW!

Glad to hear... Knoppix is... great.
I also have another free distro... don't remember the name now... when I get home, I'll put up a link here. Handy.

Stop! Error Time

*can't, resist... the.... temptation...*

crenn
09-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I got an external drive enclouser for the SATA drive. Windows though is not letting me access my user under my doucments. It is telling me access is denied. I guess it is locking my out as I am not the user of this system.

Help any one?

You have to give yourself permission to access it. You can't use the "simple" file and sharing though.

Mysteriphys
09-26-2007, 07:28 PM
knoppix is the best for file recovery, I dunno how many different things I tried to hack into my origional xp install to get my old files After my old SiS board fried, >.< good board too, had a high bitrate schipset for the southbridge = good soundrates, this board blows, old shelved stock ftl

simon275
09-27-2007, 12:20 AM
You have to give yourself permission to access it. You can't use the "simple" file and sharing though.

Yeah I tried to give my self permission but it was already set to the admin account of the computer the external drive was plugged into.

Yeah Knoppix is a great tool for recovering files. Even on it's own it a swell OS.

That's to bad about your SIS board Mysteriphys.

Later when screwing around in the bios I found there is an option to turn the extra SATA ports on and off on the Dell.

Bucko
09-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Later when screwing around in the bios I found there is an option to turn the extra SATA ports on and off on the Dell.

Funny...
I could have sworn someone mentioned that you should go into BIOS in the first reply to this thread...:think:

.Maleficus.
09-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Funny...
I could have sworn someone mentioned that you should go into BIOS in the first reply to this thread...:think:
LOL!

Glad to know you got it all settled though Simon.

simon275
09-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Funny...

Quiet you. I did have a look quickly but couldn't see em. Thanks any way.