PDA

View Full Version : regarding lcd flat screen

richmandudeus
08-09-2005, 12:44 AM
I looked on the other forums and also this forum and it seems like no one really has jumped on this topic into depth so i guess i will.
I'm looking for either a wall mountable screen or an lcd screen (that is extremely light weight) with atleast a 500:1 contrast ration and here is the kicker... it has to be around 10 inches viewable (give or take an inch).
I looked on earthlcd.com but didn't find one like that. Most of the ones that size only had a 150:1 contrast ratio. Newegg didn't even go lower than 15 inch viewable. The thing is gonna go on my rig and my rig is gonna be kinda small.
It has to be gaming worthy put it that way. If anyone has any tips or knows of a good source... drop one over my way :D
Or if anyone knows of a normal lcd flat screen monitor with a 500:1 that i could rip appart and is verry light weight then that would be good too. :)

Thanx in advance and sorry again that i posted in the wrong forum.
(admins, feel free to bump this somewhere else or delete it if you may :( )

sXenoG
08-09-2005, 02:04 AM
I dont kno how large 500:1 is nor m i going to do the research to find out but if u take a look at the doom3 worklog he used an lcd from www.earthlcd.com.

Heres a picture because for some reason i dont think you'll go look:
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/projects/doom3/earthlcd_1.jpg

Anyways that monitor is small and seems to have good color and by the description of being able to play doom3 clips it should have the refresh rate fast enough to play games. But i dont kno how much this holds up so go do research on it at earthlcd :)

richmandudeus
08-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Thanx sxenog but i've seen that and in my thread, i said i checked out the monitors on earthlcd.com.

Contrast ration means:
The ratio of the luminance between the dark and light areas of the display.

Average is 500:1 (can keep up with gaming sprites and environment)
Really good but verry expensive is 1000:1 (if you have a fishtank screensaver, it looks damn near real)

I've seen the doom3 project many times over and over and all i can say is 'drooool'

Thanx for responding sxenog :)

sXenoG
08-09-2005, 05:02 AM
I SWEAR i thought i read a different name.. my bad dude