PDA

View Full Version : EA, this is the last straw.

xRyokenx
09-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I've had problems with various EA games in the past, and just tonight I got a copy of BF2... old news, but it was $10 and that's a steal. I've tried multiple things to get this game to work, and every time it crashes for some reason. I go to make a new account for at least the single player, and it just locks up for a long while and takes forever to close out the damn game. I think this is the last game I'm gonna buy from them, it gets old getting games to have fun playing and you end up going through hell to get them to work. That's it, I'm done, no more EA **** products are going to be payed for by me. .

jdbnsn
09-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I had similar experiences with BF2, especially when I set up Crossfire cards. It took lots of trial and error, and definately check out EA's tech support section FAQ's first, then submit a problem report. Once you get the tweaks set just right, you'll be real happy you did cause it's one great game.

xRyokenx
09-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah, it's just taking forever to get my account created and all... it seems to be a really buggy game.

EDIT: Whee! Nothing like optimizing them gosh-durned shaders! Mmhmm!

Airbozo
09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I must be the lone ea fan then. The only ea game I ever had issues with was bf 1942 and then it turned out to be an issue with the onboard sound...

Hockey
all the bf series and addons (most were gifts)
NFS "" ""
MoH "" ""

I recently got a copy of MoH Airborne and besides the fact my home system is not computer enough to run it, it does fine at work.

What vidya card you runnin'? (he says in his best Hank Hill voice...)

xRyokenx
09-28-2007, 10:50 PM
It's an MSI (NG)8500GT... it should be running it fine. :F

EDIT: Actually got it playing, I'm playing it right now. /durr

Greco101
09-28-2007, 10:54 PM
I've had the same problems with NFSU2 and NFSC... except it would quit all of the sudden - no long freezes. Tech support said it was because the games don't support dual core processors??

I hate EA because of their pathetic ways of account creating. For example... Instead of having 1 email and being able to change your character name/ create a new character/ delete current character... you have to sign up a whole new email. It's just a STUPID way of doing it if you think about it... especially in FPS games. People are going to want to join squads, change their tags, start new characters, etc...

Stupid EA. It sucks too because they just so happened to be the creators of such a bad ass game... bf2. I prefer Novalogic except they tend to forget about their older games and not moderate the servers at all. By forget about I mean start shutting down servers and eventually ending stats completely. That's the only reason I stopped playing Delta Force Black Hawk Down... I'm a stat whore.

xRyokenx
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM
I used to play Delta Force 2 and then it was Land Warrior over the LAN and then Internet with family members, they just forget stuff, yeah, and they haven't released anything in a while...

Airbozo
09-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I am still a Delta Force eXtreme junkie. The BFM mod is the ****z! DFX was the best $10 I EVER spent on a game. Coop mode rules because sometimes you just don't want to kill your buds, you want to help them kill others...

Omega
09-28-2007, 11:37 PM
I love BF2 and most EA games with a passion. C&C3, BF2, BF1942, NFSU, NFSU2, etc.

jdbnsn
09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Agreed, EA games may be a pain to install with some systems but they are some of the best games I've played.

Omega
09-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Heh. I've not had problems on my new rig, but on my last one, BF2 wouldn't patch to 1.41 properly and on my other gaming rig, it deleted it's own registry files or something, because it's all kinds of ****ed up.

But god damn are the games fun.

xRyokenx
09-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm actually enjoying this crap, lol. Engineer ftfw!

Omega
09-29-2007, 12:12 AM
I play Support on USMC and SpecOps on MEC, (Only play Hwy Tampa, tbh), and I basically decimate on both. Hey, Ryo. Wanna meet on a server and play around a little bit?

xRyokenx
09-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Tomorrow perhaps, I'm tired atm and haven't set up an online account, it ****ed over earlier. I've been playing Engineer a little on some city map. I don't have the expansion, so I can't do any of that fun stuff. But yeah, tomorrow so long as I don't get caught up doing something else. What time?

Airbozo
09-29-2007, 02:08 AM
I play Support on USMC and SpecOps on MEC, (Only play Hwy Tampa, tbh), and I basically decimate on both. Hey, Ryo. Wanna meet on a server and play around a little bit?

I could be persuaded to join in a specops round..

xRyokenx
09-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Well, I don't have the expansion(s), so that could be tough... I'll get up with you guys tomorrow, I'm tired right now, later.

Gen.Omega
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I have to say EA games has more problems than anyone else.
I cannot seem to ply their DVD games on my laptop (dual read/write in one drive)

EA simply sucks now. Their games are rushed, buggy, and there is no tech support. There is tech FAQ, you'll be lucky to have a real person answer your question, ever.
Notice how EA makes it incredibly hard to e-mail them?

Their moneymakers are sims and madden. and whatever else series they have rushed out that people buy for Im not sure what reason.

Command & Conquer 3 is a bit disappointing. They are ruining the command and conquer name.

xRyokenx
09-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I think CnC3 was good for EA, it was great for the CnC name, but it could've been better. I wish it had more of the same units as Tiberian Sun and that it was more minimalist, I hate having to build a base that expands the whole map... that's another thing, whatever happened to the usual very non-symmetrical maps that usually come with CnC games?

The ruiner of the CnC name was not 3, but Generals. That is NOT CnC no matter how much a ten year old yells at me that it is. I've been a CnC fan since I was 7 and had Red Alert.

Omega
09-30-2007, 10:09 PM
I have to say EA games has more problems than anyone else.
I cannot seem to ply their DVD games on my laptop (dual read/write in one drive)

EA simply sucks now. Their games are rushed, buggy, and there is no tech support. There is tech FAQ, you'll be lucky to have a real person answer your question, ever.
Notice how EA makes it incredibly hard to e-mail them?

Their moneymakers are sims and madden. and whatever else series they have rushed out that people buy for Im not sure what reason.

Command & Conquer 3 is a bit disappointing. They are ruining the command and conquer name.

C&C3 is actually a great example of a good C&C game. Having played all the previous ones (sans Generals and the original Red Alert expansions), I can tell you what the series is about, and C&C3 definitely keeps it going.

I think CnC3 was good for EA, it was great for the CnC name, but it could've been better. I wish it had more of the same units as Tiberian Sun and that it was more minimalist, I hate having to build a base that expands the whole map... that's another thing, whatever happened to the usual very non-symmetrical maps that usually come with CnC games?

The nonsymmetrical maps probably got taken out of 3 because of multiplayer advantages and whatnot. I will agree, thoguh, that those were hella fun. I love the **** out of Tiberian Sun because of that.

xRyokenx
09-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Same. I don't like Tiberian Sun as much because I can't develop a good playing style, but that was the best. I also don't care about it being fair as to the way the map goes, my favorite map in Red Alert was a way out of balance one... they need some of those, makes it less boring, because you don't know what you're gonna get and that's half the fun, figuring out how to design your base and all... they should tone down the needs for power and tone up the defenses and all too, just make it more expensive but more effective. Ah well, they're EA, they don't listen. But then again, I can always learn how to mod and make one... hmm... I could go on for hours, but I won't, too tired and I have more important stuff to do.

Gen.Omega
10-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I cant play tiberian sun even on the lowest speed because my pc makes it run too fast lol. Looked like fun though.

Generals was fun yeah, but, not really cnc3 as everyones saying.
I also miss non-symmetrical maps. No matter what everyone has an advantage on any map even if its symmetrical. (Not enough maps anyway)

Luke122
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
NFS: Carbon on DVD was the only EA game I've ever had troubles with. The copy protection was giving me all sorts of issues, so I just exchanged it for the CD version, and all was well. :)

xRyokenx
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
The problem I have with the Battlefield series is that you need to log into their server with a unique ID and password, AND have the CD/DVD in the drive whilst doing so, that got old. Why do they need so much security? It's a little overkill and it's not as if they have anything to worry about with so many of their games on the markets... whatever though, not much we can do about it.

dgrmkrp
10-01-2007, 02:48 PM
:( I've never had an problems with EA installs or games.. they are just very slow on my old system.. took forever to install NFS.. or Battle for Middle Earth 2.. took like half an hour. But when they load, they play ;) Oh, I must have flunked a few exams playing in the ring wars =))

chaksq
10-01-2007, 04:50 PM
My NFSU2 will sometimes crash on my dual-core laptop. All it does is quit though. I also have CnC: Red Alert 2, which runs crazy fast on this thing, although it is better when I turn down the game speed.

simon275
10-01-2007, 08:51 PM
I have had problems with BF1942 but never with BF2.

Also I hated C&C generals it was so unbalanced China are just to good. They can gather resources the fastest, black lotus is good and overlord tanks are pretty unstoppable. I would prefer a game of Tiberian Sun or Red Alert 2 any day.

Omega
10-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Well, since BF2/2142 have stat tracking, a unique ID/login in definately nessacary, or at least logical

also, nocd hacks. I use them ALL THE TIME because I don't give a piss about finding my discs. <3 steam.

Ap1thy
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
ive never had problems with any of the nfs series.. but imo carbon was a buggy laggy pos. heres to pro street lol. also u2 and carbon never crashed on my opteron and Ill soon find out wether or not on my c2d

xRyokenx
10-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, since BF2/2142 have stat tracking, a unique ID/login in definately nessacary, or at least logical

Well, yeah, I get that side of it, but you can only have one login per CD key... I also don't care about stats, sure the gear is nice, but I'm just not that worried about it, lol.

About the No-CD hacks, I've done it before, I tried having an .iso of the disk loaded up, but that takes up RAM, I think I'll just get a disc changer, lol... that or figure out them hacks one day...

Omega
10-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Well, yeah, I get that side of it, but you can only have one login per CD key...

CD key doesn't matter. I have 3 accounts under the same key. It's email address that you can't have more than one account to (and who really has less than 2 email accounts these days?)

xRyokenx
10-02-2007, 02:04 AM
CD key doesn't matter. I have 3 accounts under the same key. It's email address that you can't have more than one account to (and who really has less than 2 email accounts these days?)

Oh... that's odd, stupid EA and confusing me! lol

I have two but I only use one, the other one is just something I can't get rid of... stupid Earthlink.

Omega
10-02-2007, 02:09 AM
all of my email addresses just forward to my main one

like btkotaku@gmail.com
aeotaku@gmail.com
omega@thebestcasescenario.com (I don't know if this still works)
etc