PDA

View Full Version : Linksys+vista+64bit=hell

D1337
09-28-2007, 10:21 PM
I have 4 gigs of ram in my new build so i figured i'd go and get vista ultimate 64 bit. Installed it perfectly fine. The bad thing is, is that my linksys driver cd loads and installs but the adapter doesnt work.

I went to linksys' website looking for drivers and they only have xp drivers and a vista patch, no 64-bit for either... hit up google to try to find some solutions but non of them worked :(

Adapter make: wireless-G usb network adapter
model:WUSB54Gv2

any suggestions to a fix (besides the obvious change to vista 32 bit) are welcome. If i've already tried it then ill make a reply.

thanks.

The boy 4rm oz
09-29-2007, 12:45 AM
You will just have to wait for them to release one. I had trouble finding one for my D-Link AirPlus Wireless G Card but I eventually found one on their website, I will have a look for you now. Maybe you should send them an Email.

EDIT: This is all I could find.
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_CASupport_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1166859843775&packedargs=sku%3D1115416827517&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=4377527517B06&displaypage=download#versiondetail
This link is to the support page for your adapter.
From what I can find by looking at the other versions only the 4th version is Vista compatible, and 32bit at that.

Hope this helped.

haha49
09-29-2007, 12:32 PM
its the same thing with the dlink usb ones neather of them have drivers for it so it wont work.. you have to have a card that plugs into your computer pci slot most of them work...

The boy 4rm oz
09-29-2007, 08:32 PM
That's what I have, a PCI card. I'm glad I got one as well, my friend has a USB adapter and it always drops out.

D1337
09-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Well some people have gotten my same adapter to work using customized drivers, i followed what they posted and it didnt work for me, so i was hoping someone here may have had the same problem and got theirs working, guess not.

alexanderH
10-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Well some people have gotten my same adapter to work using customized drivers, i followed what they posted and it didnt work for me, so i was hoping someone here may have had the same problem and got theirs working, guess not.
Sorry dude, I got the same adapter as you, but I'm still holding onto Vista-32.
I really didn't want to get that far into vista yet. But everything works so imma sit on it for a while haha.

I hope you find what you are looking for dude.