PDA

View Full Version : Uh-Oh

Gen.Omega
10-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Now I''ve never seen or heard of this before.

I keep testing new fans, I just bought a 40mm "Link Depot" fan (thicker one) (I use the same brand, 80mm so far, getting some thermaltake LED fans).
Anyway. I opened up the box,I have no eds kits (YET!!) I don't plan to touch the motherboard. I hooked up this 3-pin fan to the male 4-pin to 3-pin connector. And the connector is to my Power Supply (PSU).
I ran the fan I'm not sure what happened but its outside of the box then a blue giant spark shot out, the fan halted, the rest of the machine ran but the power and harddrive light kept blinking.

(I have been doing these without a harddrive in but it never blinked before.)
It seems to be running now, but could someone tell me, what the heck happened? Maybe some hair got in it and fried. But it works now, so, what the heck?

.Maleficus.
10-01-2007, 09:53 PM
...Did you plug it in with the computer running?

If you did, probably not a good idea ;).

Gen.Omega
10-01-2007, 10:06 PM
...Did you plug it in with the computer running?

If you did, probably not a good idea ;).
nope.
PSU had no power to it. Plugged the wires to the PSU. Turned it on. 10 seconds then ZAP! Still fine now though o_O

Spawn-Inc
10-01-2007, 10:37 PM
maybe there was a scrap piece of metal in it and it connected a circuit and them ka-boom. does it sound funny or make weird noises?

Gen.Omega
10-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Sounds normal still. Im guessing hair or something still got in it. I'm just playing it safe see if anyone else had this happen.