PDA

View Full Version : how to change the ******* thermal paste!

Spawn-Inc
10-03-2007, 02:17 AM
right so i was looking for a video/tutorial on how to change the thermal paste on a 8800gtx for a guy on a forum and i found this video(for a cpu though). he does so many things wrong but makes up for it by swearing ever 3rd word.

WARNING SWEARING!, LOTS!!!

80HPvjvyMxs

Zephik
10-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Mixed feelings. I liked his voice and I don't mind the cussing at all, but somethings missing. Probably experience in making video tuts. But I could see myself watching his vids if he got a little more experience under his belt, if he was a reviewer that is.

How people can afford such crazy systems is beyond me though. lol

simon275
10-03-2007, 02:40 AM
Haha this kid thinks he is so hard core. He is trying to be cool but it is just sad.

Spawn-Inc
10-03-2007, 02:40 AM
ya i like people with accents on videos, i get into them more for some reason.

my pc will end up costing 3000 CDN, 3500CDN with water cooling, once its all said and done :)

Scotty
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
If your still wondering how to change the thermal paste after removing my stock cooler on my GTX, you will want some TIM remover because the core is covered, no more PLASTERED with TIM.

Although if your placing the stock cooler back then you will need THERMAL PADS for the memory and Voltage thingys. I found that out... with ym EK block i needed thermal paste for memory and Core and pads for the VRMs

According to conversion my PC cost more than yours by like £50 ;)

edit: after watching the whole thing, if that is a Q6600, he has no idea how to apply paste correctly, and no idea how to properly clean it off.

You should get a credit card or something and scrape off as much of the paste as possible, then use you TIM remover, leave it for 1-2mins and clean it off with a lint free cloth, so you leave no tiny bits on the core or heatsink. Then apply your paste.

Indybird
10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I thought that video was kinda pointless. He did an O.K job of applying the paste and making a tutorial, but I think he was really just showing off his nice computer and swearing ability.

-Indybird

calumc
10-03-2007, 06:39 PM
I thought that video was kinda pointless. He did an O.K job of applying the paste and making a tutorial, but I think he was really just showing off his nice computer and swearing ability.

-Indybird

**** yea

Spawn-Inc
10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
If your still wondering how to change the thermal paste after removing my stock cooler on my GTX, you will want some TIM remover because the core is covered, no more PLASTERED with TIM.

Although if your placing the stock cooler back then you will need THERMAL PADS for the memory and Voltage thingys. I found that out... with ym EK block i needed thermal paste for memory and Core and pads for the VRMs

ya i later found that out, which is just dumb, my ps2 is like that.

You should get a credit card or something and scrape off as much of the paste as possible, then use you TIM remover, leave it for 1-2mins and clean it off with a lint free cloth, so you leave no tiny bits on the core or heatsink. Then apply your paste.

all i do is just clean it off with a paper towel soaked with isopropyl alcohol and it dry. if its still dirty i lightly wipe it down with another clean soaked paper towel and that works for me.