PDA

View Full Version : Servo mod

Shane33
08-10-2005, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone.
My first post on this site. Im young and looking into getting into modding, just bought my 1st dremel.
Anyway i was looking at Crimsonsky's Doom 3 mod log and noticed that he had problems with servos because they could only turn 45 degrees. However there is a very simple mod that alows for any standard servo to be able to turn full 360 degrees, as if it was a normal motor. All one must do is remove the outer cover of the Servo and one should find a hat shaped gear that covers the shaft. On top of this gear should be a little nitch, or block, which serves to prevent the servo from over rotating, by simply cutting or removing this little nitch the servo has full rotation. Hope thats not too confusing, if in dought just open up servo and look for a little pretruding block.

Zeus
08-10-2005, 08:52 PM
ok, first, welcome to TBCS.
second, please post your threads in the appropriate sections

Shane33
08-10-2005, 09:13 PM
sorry didn't know where else to post. I guess i misunderstood "found something interesting want to share it with the community".

Zeus
08-10-2005, 10:15 PM
it's not WAY off, or you would have gotten a lot more brunt welcome from some of the regulars here. But this would be better in the tips and tricks.

Aero
08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
I didn't know we had a "Review/Preview" section here :rolleyes: