PDA

View Full Version : MOH Airborne

Airbozo
10-03-2007, 06:35 PM
So far just played one mission and I am loving it! First drop in I drop kicked a baddie! Green Zone Shmeen zone... Drop into the action I say!

any one else have this game yet?

Spawn-Inc
11-03-2007, 01:58 AM
i just tried it out and its ok, i never really liked the MOH or COD series (comparing to DOD) but it was good, though i really need a new video card, playing in the 12fps area. i managed to get a marks. award haha.

simon275
11-03-2007, 06:34 AM
This is what Yahtzee thinks of it.

Warning minorly offensive and major amounts of taking the piss.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2582-Zero-Punctuation-MOH-Airborne

D1337
11-03-2007, 10:01 PM

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/2582-Zero-Punctuation-MOH-Airborne

it went by so fast i cant remember what he said. oh well.

'merica! F*** YEAH! (i forgot about that song :D)

xRyokenx
11-04-2007, 01:08 AM
That was an awesome review of a horrible sounding game. 'cause freedom is the only way...

The boy 4rm oz
11-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Call of Duty is a much better series than the Medal of Honor series. I play the Airborne demo and it had it's moments but I'm much more looking forward to CoD4.

Airbozo
11-06-2007, 05:48 PM

GOD that was funny! Where are my whores?!?!

Omega
11-07-2007, 12:05 AM
I love nopunctuation. So hard.

dexaroni
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Going back to this, I have been playing this a lot lately.

I really hated Pacific Assault and all the console crap that MOH shoved out. Allied Assault was the only good one as far as I was concerned until now.

Granted, it IS unrealistic, and it IS over the top. Just as nopunctuation said, some enemies are far too overpowered, you play as a true blue american fighting off the super evil nazi's, it's so simplistic, it's great. It's a game you can just sit back and have some fun with.

The feel of the weapons is great once you get used to the giant crosshair, and due to the outrageous physics, it's always a blast (pun intended) to watch a Nazi fly back 20 feet after a meeting with the barrel of your shotgun.

Coming from a true skeptic, I can say this game is a lot of fun, and while online multiplayer sucks compared to say Call of Duty 2, if you want some action packed, well made, heavily polished WWII action, Medal of Honor Airborne is the place to go.

Cannibal23
11-15-2007, 11:33 AM
the game suffers heavly from mouse lag just as their previous release of pacific assault did. also for a game that has no drivable vehicals in the multiplayer it features anti tank rockets wich is just dumb in my oppinion. its a sure fire way to make sure everyone but me is spamming away with them. the single player is great save the mouse lag issue. the campaign mode was a little short but very fun.

dexaroni
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
No offense meant, but are you sure it isn't your hardware? I am running the game maxed out at about 50 FPS with a laser mouse, and I don't experience any mouse lag. Are you sure it's not your mouse or your framerate?

Cannibal23
11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
i updated all my drivers and my mouse is an opticle mouse. the only games i ever have mouse lag in seems to be the moh series. not just this one but moh pa too. even on the lowest detail if i run at anything other then 800x600 the mouse lags. the video is fine but the mouse dosent move right when i tell it to. i was frustrated to the point of uninstalling paciffic assault when this wasnt resolved after several patchs. since i got a new pc i installed it again only to experiance the same issue. unsure as to why only this game series seems to be unlucky for me.

Airbozo
11-15-2007, 04:46 PM
I too experienced some mouse lag until I upgraded my systems video card, then no more issues.

I have been trying to play the online version of the game, but have only had time for a couple of maps. It is fun, but I usually like the SP better in these kinds of games. Still checking out all the online options.

Spawn-Inc
11-15-2007, 05:13 PM
ya no more issues with my 8600GT.

simon275
11-16-2007, 09:31 AM
i was frustrated to the point of uninstalling paciffic assault when this wasnt resolved after several patchs.

Pacific assault was still buggy even after the patches.

I guess the game engine doesn't like your mouse.

dexaroni
11-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Pacific Assault as a POS.

Anyways, played some more MOH last night, SO much fun. there are few things more satisfying than pistol sniping or blowing a guy away with a shotty.

I also enjoy firing a missle into a bunker and watching all the enemies dissapear off the radar.

I also got the buckshot for my shotgun, and since I always aim for the head and fire in bursts, I ahve the quick reload on my rifles, and the improved recoil, faster reload, and increased rate of fire for my glock.

Cannibal23
11-19-2007, 05:58 PM
have installed the patch to solve some some issues with this game. unfortunately it didnt solve any of the issues but now leaves me with another problem. for some reason the sounds of anyone else in multiplayer are muffled. my shots sound perfect but its almost imposable to know if someone is close to you and shooting now. i wish ea would seriously get this game title under control. its a great game just fix the issues. pacific assault was a cool game too but the issues didnt really get fixed there either.