PDA

View Full Version : Quake Wars Enemy Teritories..

haha49
10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I played the beta and it was fun and then i played the demo now the full version and i must say its so much fun.. i was useing the strog jump thingy and manged to land on an enemy helcopter and i started fireing the nades down there and blew him out of the air then jump off even higher then on to the other helcopter and did the same thing while he was fly was aswome games is really fun looks amsing and is so much fun driveing tanks over cars and stuff even the cars in the game that are on the map you can drive over with the tank.. was funny driveing a tnak into a building and going down the stairs then you see a tank barrle right into the strog spawn that was funny see people just go wtf..

and i have a logitec g15 keyboard i keep hiting the wrong keys all the time the keys are to small..

Airbozo
10-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Punctuation FTW!

but yeah I heard it was a fun game...

HackSore
10-04-2007, 06:59 AM
When i installed the demo, i noticed in the Eula that the game was noting down the hardware specs of your machine to send back to splash damage/ea/whoever.
Does anyone know if this is the case with the full game? as it has completely put me off buying it.
Invasive software is the same reason i stayed away from battlefield 2142, in my opinion its nothing more then spyware, and i think its terrible that the only information about this invasion of privacy is in the Eula, and im pretty sure mose game shops wouldnt refund my money because i didnt agree to the Eula.

onelegout
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM
When i installed the demo, i noticed in the Eula that the game was noting down the hardware specs of your machine to send back to splash damage/ea/whoever.
Does anyone know if this is the case with the full game? as it has completely put me off buying it.
Invasive software is the same reason i stayed away from battlefield 2142, in my opinion its nothing more then spyware, and i think its terrible that the only information about this invasion of privacy is in the Eula, and im pretty sure mose game shops wouldnt refund my money because i didnt agree to the Eula.

2142 is _not_ invasive software. The original worries about it which I posted on here turned out to be false. The _ONLY_ thing that 2142 records and sends back is the most common places in the game that the in-game adverts are viewed from.

H

Airbozo
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
IMNSHO, Sending back your system specs to the developer is a good thing since it allows the company to make sure they are creating games that people will actually be able to play and not what the HW companies want them to build.

I do however believe that you should have the opportunity to opt out of sending that info.

HackSore
10-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I do however believe that you should have the opportunity to opt out of sending that info.

Exactly, im sure many people are fine with that kind of activity happening, but i am not, and i dont see what the problem would be with giving the player a choice as to whether they release the info the devs want, like valve did with their hardware surveys.

I dont despute the fact that its good for the devs to know the most common system setups the players are using, but it isnt made very clear that this is happening.
its only recently that i have started reading the Eulas for games, and im sure many people, palms sweating from all the clicking of the next button, frantic to start fragging away at the new game they have just brought, dont read them at all.

I just think that the makers of games who decide to incorporate this type of software are going to put potential players off buying their game, purely because they arent given a choice as to the information that is collected from them.

simon275
10-05-2007, 09:40 PM
I have two friends who are already playing this. I am gonna pick it up once I upgrade my system in late November.

haha49
10-06-2007, 01:28 PM
IMNSHO, Sending back your system specs to the developer is a good thing since it allows the company to make sure they are creating games that people will actually be able to play and not what the HW companies want them to build.

also illegal with out your consent..

HackSore
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Haha49, can you answer my question?

Does the noting of the hardware specs feature in the full retail version? or was it just the demo?

I would really appreciate it if you could scan though the Eula or something and let me know, as im still in debate as to whether i should get it or not.

If you cant be bothered to go through all the crap in the Eula, then no worries, i totally understand!

haha49
10-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Haha49, can you answer my question?

Does the noting of the hardware specs feature in the full retail version? or was it just the demo?

I would really appreciate it if you could scan though the Eula or something and let me know, as im still in debate as to whether i should get it or not.

If you cant be bothered to go through all the crap in the Eula, then no worries, i totally understand!

yes its in there.. and it says by installing this softwere you agree to the terms.. but what happens if you download it then use your serial to make an account :alien:

HackSore
10-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Thanks a lot for answering the question hah49, i really appreciate it.

That really does put me off buying it, but im still tempted as its such a great game!

What to do, what to do!

haha49
10-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks a lot for answering the question hah49, i really appreciate it.

That really does put me off buying it, but im still tempted as its such a great game!

What to do, what to do!

it says it only gathers hardwere of ram vidio cpu and mb and that no perosnal idfiable material..

so buy it... its so much fun..