PDA

View Full Version : Full speed SLI: nForce 4 x16

MisterChief
08-10-2005, 01:03 AM
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2493

Apparently nVidia will be releasing an update to nForce4 mobos which will allow full speed x16 SLI. Good news for enthusiasts.

Malatory
08-10-2005, 09:37 AM
mmm tasty :)

sXenoG
08-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Sux for me.. Just bought an SLI system and wasted a ton of money. Now theyre making it cheaper.. Sigh I dont want to go on new egg so i dont have to see the depressing news lol.

toast07
08-10-2005, 08:30 PM
happens all the time i loked at my setup a mounth after i bought it and i coulda saved 80$ just buy waiting 4 more weeks

MisterChief
08-11-2005, 12:41 AM
happens all the time i loked at my setup a mounth after i bought it and i coulda saved 80$ just buy waiting 4 more weeks

:rolleyes: That's the problem with buying a PC! New parts come out all the time, and older parts get cheaper. You need to do LOTS of research and try to "futureproof" your system as best as you can.

Malatory
08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
:rolleyes: That's the problem with buying a PC! New parts come out all the time, and older parts get cheaper. You need to do LOTS of research and try to "futureproof" your system as best as you can.

I just double checked my SLI system. it only dropped about 60.oo and that is both mobo & CPU. Month before I bought my system it was dropping just about everyone other day. (Just more cause more and more came out on the market).

If I do any upgrades soon it will be 2 a Dual Core CPU.

Dark-hobo
08-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Don't buy a dual core unless you will use it. Dual cores are for major multitasking. Well I geuss they are also for showing off your porwess to your friends... but we don't talk about that :D. But it would still be a waste of money.

Malatory
08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Don't buy a dual core unless you will use it. Dual cores are for major multitasking. Well I geuss they are also for showing off your porwess to your friends... but we don't talk about that :D. But it would still be a waste of money.

What are you saying I wont get a beniffit out of Linux with it??

Yeah I know when I am in windows playing games will wont get used as much but the SLI doesnt get used much with X.

Dark-hobo
08-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I just figured you were an average gamer, like me. That just plays games and doesn't do much in the ways of multitasking design programs. I figured wrong :P.

Malatory
08-13-2005, 11:09 PM
I just figured you were an average gamer, like me. That just plays games and doesn't do much in the ways of multitasking design programs. I figured wrong :P.

that ok..

I really spend more time working on case building / Other projects than I do games. When you get down to it, I also want to have a good game machine even tho I dont game as much as others.