PDA

View Full Version : Which PMP should I choose? Cowon A2, Archos 605 WiFi or Ipod touch?

computergeek19
10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
I currently own the Cowon A2 http://www.cowonamerica.com/products/cowon/a2/ and I am looking to maybe switch to either Archos 605 WiFi http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5/archos_605wifi/index.html or the Ipod Touch http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/ .

I love my cowon A2 since it offers 10 hours for videos and it has great features such as radio, audio and video recording. But I do feel that wi-fi may become one of my necessities since I listen to it at home and work and both have wi-fi.

What I like about the Archos is that it has bigger capacity it comes in 30gb, 80gb(the one I may get if I get it) and 160gb. (my cowon comes with a 30gb drive). You can also rent and download movies on it. The things I don't like is that you have to pay for the plug ins (ie: web browser($29.99). You have to get lots of accessories such as the dvr station to see videos on your tv and record from your dvd player. I also have heard that when the signal gets lost it freezes. Lastly i think it takes a while to load.

What I like about the ipod touch is the design and i think the web browser is better than the one in the archos(it doesn't have the annoying hourglass like the archos), I used to own a ipod nano but I gave it to my sister since I got the Cowon A2 so I have the wall charger and the radio attachment (not sure if it works on the ipod touch). Things I do not like is that is more expensive since I want the 16gb (but with the plugins the archos may be just as expensive) sound is not as good. and I am not sure if there is a battery pack for it since I watch videos on the bus when I travel to Mexico and the battery may not last as long before I arrive.

Which one should I go for, should I update or keep the Cowon A2? But I am really liking the wi-fi option.

.Maleficus.
10-10-2007, 09:11 PM
iPod touch is not worth it IMO. You don't know how little 16GB of space is until you go to add another CD and you can't. If it were me, I wouldn't buy anything with under 30GB of space MINIMUM. But I have a butt-load of music, so...

If you ask me, the Zune doesn't get as much credit as it deserves. It's really nice, has a huge display, and nice features. I love mine to death, and it's held out great through the amount of use it's gotten (~1 hour every day for a year or so). Same with my sisters.

Scotty
10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Archos are awesome.
iPod Touch if you dont plan on having much on it.
Archos if you want more stuff.
Never heard of Cowon

xRyokenx
10-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Cowon stuff is like Samsung's, it's really freakin' cool and innovative. I'm looking for another mp3 player to keep from using my PPC all the time for music (it's limited in functionality for that and I only have a couple 2gb SD cards, not much space, not that I have much music). No iPods, please. My neighbor has an iPhone and that just annoys me... part jealousy and part feeling sorry for him. I wish I had money to spend on that and he's gonna be disappointed when it dies on him somehow like most (cr)Apple products do.

EDIT: Forgot the purpose of this thread... I'd go with the Cowon, my internet's all slow and crappy atm so I couldn't get that flash for the Archo one loaded... stupid Embarq.

computergeek19
10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the input guys, I will probably go for either the Cowon Q5 (if it comes out this month) or the ipod touch (its better now that is hacked). +rep for all.