PDA

View Full Version : MTX Jackhammer

Spawn-Inc
10-09-2007, 09:45 PM
so i was just watching pimp my ride and finally found out what these speakers are and just how sick they are! i would love to have this speaker for a home setup, shack you whole house down! i wonder how far it would have to be from the hard drives?...

1 jackhammer,
odKllNv1BPU

2 jackhammers!
IDWYpq61aec

Dilphat
10-09-2007, 11:27 PM
wow nice find. i remember watching mtv and seeing the 2nd video. but i never saw the first one. dang!! if i had that jackhammer in a small car like that, and one of of the sub was behind my head, its a guarantee i wouldn't be able to hear anything for life! haha, and with 2 jackhammers i thought you can unclog your arteries! hahaha

Greco101
10-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Holy Hell!!

Luke122
10-10-2007, 01:24 AM
Insane!

I used to be big into car audio.. check out DDI (Digital Designs) and look up the Cerwin Vega Stroker.. if you are into bass, you'll appreciate this.

:D

Zephik
10-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Holy hell... (ah haha, Greco we have the same response lol)

How much do those babies cost!? They can't be cheap...

lol @ second video. The speaker equipment alone is probably worth twice as much as the vehicle. O.o

Spawn-Inc
10-10-2007, 02:15 PM
i think i heard around 6k each but not sure, i tried looking but the online stores don't list the jackHammer.

rendermandan
10-10-2007, 03:42 PM
I used to install car stereo systems, and compete in audio and SPL competions. The last video with 2 of those running. only produced 139 db.

thats is not really that high for the amout of power money spend on 2 subs. we used to compete in the 145-148 db range. -No where near the world record, but that was also 15 years ago. So IMO those arn't that great.

Spawn-Inc
10-10-2007, 03:50 PM
ya, i read on the comments of those that the bigger the sub the more power they need, but you can only go so big before all the power in the world won't help. it has to do with physically moving the speaker, the bigger, the slower. i was also surprised to only see 139. i would build 4 into a home theater system is i was bill gates rich.

rendermandan
10-10-2007, 04:14 PM
ya, i read on the comments of those that the bigger the sub the more power they need, but you can only go so big before all the power in the world won't help. it has to do with physically moving the speaker, the bigger, the slower. i was also surprised to only see 139. i would build 4 into a home theater system is i was bill gates rich.

That is somewhat correct. but a better explination would be havign to due to the amount of air being moved. that is all a speaker does is make air move in waves. Hence sound waves. The more air you move, the louder the speaker. Don't confuse volumn of air with the modulation and amplitude -which gives you the frequency or tone. When you move larger amounts of air, you need more "power" to move that air as in Air pressure. Hence Sound pressure level. So to be techincal. The size of the speaker is not the only reason for more power. it could be a smaller diameter speaker but moving at a higher excursion to move the same amount of air. -Hope that makes sense.

NamesAreUseless
10-19-2007, 11:58 PM
I used to install car stereo systems, and compete in audio and SPL competions. The last video with 2 of those running. only produced 139 db.

thats is not really that high for the amout of power money spend on 2 subs. we used to compete in the 145-148 db range. -No where near the world record, but that was also 15 years ago. So IMO those arn't that great.

I think they only put it up to 140 db because they didn't want to damage the car

Omega
10-21-2007, 01:03 AM
I saw a video once of the world record for sound in a car. After each run, they had to re-tighten every bolt. The windshield was like, 1 inch lexan bolted on. It could shred newspaper. With sound.

Spawn-Inc
10-21-2007, 01:14 AM
I saw a video once of the world record for sound in a car. After each run, they had to re-tighten every bolt. The windshield was like, 1 inch lexan bolted on. It could shred newspaper. With sound.

YUP! i saw that on mythbusters, it was friggin crazy! was the van blue?, as astro van?