PDA

View Full Version : Crysis specs revealed!

Scotty
10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Demo is now released.

Some screens (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showpost.php?p=148733&postcount=80)

Minimum System Requirements

OS - Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)

Video Card -256 MB**

Hard Drive - 12GB

Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.

** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements

OS - Windows XP / Vista

Processor - Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Memory - 2.0 GB RAM

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

Time for some serious Crysis PWNAGE!!

"Our vision for Crysis has always been to create the most stunning, immersive FPS experience ever, and we've been working hard not only to do that on the high end, but also in pushing current generation hardware so that everyone gets the maximum experience," said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek. "And while these specs affect how Crysis will perform now, we have also optimized Crysis so that the game scales forward 1-2 years --we want to make sure that Crysis' gameplay, visuals and performance improves as technology does."

Additional note from Cevat Yerli:

"Our goal with Crysis was to create the most technically ambitious computer game produced to date. What does that mean exactly? Well, technology in games is traditionally pushed in one of two directions. Either towards visual fidelity (comprising polygon throughput, draw distance, animation systems and advanced shader technologies) or, more rarely, towards, through the direction of persistent physical interaction within the game world (so that what you see is what you get, and more importantly can use).

In making Crysis we decided early on to push both directions as far as we could; we invested heavily in the high end in order to create the most visually impressive and immersive experience for players, and to effectively future-proof the game for the next few years. Crysis is pushing about 10x the data we had in FarCry, which is phenomenal.

Like putting the proverbial quart into a pint pot, scaling this back through optimization to our stated goal of rigs 2-3 years old has been a huge challenge, but we are very happy with the results so far and specific tweaks are still happening as I type. Our recommended and minimum specs have been released today, so we hope this finally puts people at ease about what hardware they will need to get the most out of the game on November 16th."

My rig's ready, is yours?

Airbozo
10-10-2007, 01:52 PM
yes. My _new_ rig is ready and waiting!

(just need a better cpu (running a pentium D 950 @3.4ghz) now but it still is better than spec)

Spawn-Inc
10-10-2007, 02:25 PM
no :(, not yet... though it will run with it according to those specs, but i think it will be so bad its not worth trying to play. i think i will be waiting for the new nvidia cards and intel cpu's so i can really kick some ass and take names.

Quakken
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
My system barely meets the minimum (almost exactly the minimum actually) but i probably won't get the game anyway. And i prefer gameplay over mindblowing graphics anyday.

Now to play team fortress 2.

Indybird
10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Im going to be upgrading to a ATI HD2950Pro once those come out (a few days after crysis) so I'll be able to run it in DX10, the way it was meant to be played. Other than that my system is all ready. I just freed 50GB now that I cleared my recycle bin for the first time in a year :eek: .

I've already got it pre-ordered, so Im set there.

-Indybird

Spawn-Inc
10-11-2007, 04:21 AM
the way it was meant to be played.

in order to say that you have to have a nvidia card not some cheap ATI substitute :)

i think thats one of there slogans.

.Maleficus.
10-11-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm set. And I'll hopefully be getting a new card in winter (December/January) so I'll be even more set then.

Indybird
10-11-2007, 12:59 PM
in order to say that you have to have a nvidia card not some cheap ATI substitute :)

i think thats one of there slogans.

shhh, don't tell them im stealing their slogans. And besides the HD2950 will almost be able to compete with the 8800 Ultra...Cheap substitute my ass.

-Indybird

The boy 4rm oz
10-11-2007, 01:13 PM
12GB hard drive space geez, that's a lot. My specs are all fine. I will overclock my E6600 though, I want it at at least 3.4GHZ.

xRyokenx
10-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Sweet, I'll be able to play it on my rig. Schwing!

I hope it doesn't have Nazi-ish antipiracy stuff though, I don't pirate stuff, especially not if I payed my hard earned cash for it, but if they get too crazy with it then it's just inconvenient and takes half the fun out of the game.

I should do fine with my specs:

2.8ghz Pentium D
1gb Dual Channel DDR2 800
SATA II HDD (250GB)
MSI 8500GT
Etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda...

Now to decide... STALKER: Clear Skies... or Crysis... well, STALKER was cool, but I didn't like it as much, I'd rather watch someone play it as I'm just not good at that game.

The boy 4rm oz
10-12-2007, 12:04 AM
STALKER is an unusual game in itself. The expansion should be good though, lets you play as the bandits...or was it the mercenaries, well one of the two.

xRyokenx
10-12-2007, 12:26 AM
STALKER is an unusual game in itself. The expansion should be good though, lets you play as the bandits...or was it the mercenaries, well one of the two.

It is. I just never got into the controls or anything and I love the theme and everything, but with all sorts of stuff that happened to prevent me from playing it causes me to not want to. I'm quite sure I will want to play it later on down the road though, that or I can lend it to a friend for a bit (I don't think that's illegal, I mean, I'm not selling or renting it and I am going to have him uninstall it or whatever :think:) and watch him play it or whatever happens there. Stupid piracy stuff, it's just annoying.

danthegeek
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
only 4 days 11 hours and 16 minutes until the demo is released :)

.Maleficus.
10-21-2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.crysisdemo.com/

I really need to get a new video card soon. UT3, Crysis... Loads more... By the time I have the money though, a new card should be appearing, so that's nice.

xRyokenx
10-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I've got this game preordered. W00t!

I should be able to play it fairly well... Maybe on medium if I'm lucky, I doubt it though. My card still stomps the minimum one, haha.

Spawn-Inc
10-21-2007, 10:51 PM
hha, well i can barely play the bioshock demo, so i don';t think i will have much luck with crysis, maybe when my 4gigs of ram gets here. my video card says it can steal 512 from the ram so i wonder how that will work out.

crenn
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
I almost meet the specs, my only downfall is my GPU, but it will still run it!

.Maleficus.
10-23-2007, 05:06 PM
hha, well i can barely play the bioshock demo, so i don';t think i will have much luck with crysis, maybe when my 4gigs of ram gets here. my video card says it can steal 512 from the ram so i wonder how that will work out.
GPU RAM only goes so far. If it doesn't have a good chipset with it, it dosen't really matter if you have all the RAM in the world.

And I'll be able to play it, just not as good as I want to.

Payner10
10-26-2007, 12:45 PM
I can't wait for this release....my new rig will play it very well. I am more hyped up for Far Cry 2, though.

Durrthock
10-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Well I cant play it my gpu isn't even supported.

danthegeek
10-26-2007, 09:12 PM
I can't wait for this release....my new rig will play it very well. I am more hyped up for Far Cry 2, though.

I thought crysis was considered to be far cry 2? If not, I want linkige. :think:

Only 12 hours until the demo :banana:.

The boy 4rm oz
10-26-2007, 09:43 PM
Far Cry 2 is a completely different game. I don't have any links and I can't find the magazine article I was reading about it :(.

xRyokenx
10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Google, my son. Google is your best friend in this case./creepy

D1337
10-26-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.crysisdemo.com/

9 hours and thirty.

.Maleficus.
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Far Cry 2 is set in Africa. It was the cover story of a recent PC Gamer.

~9 hours. I should be waking up just as it's released :).

Indybird
10-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Far Cry 2 is set in Africa. It was the cover story of a recent PC Gamer.

~9 hours. I should be waking up just as it's released :).

Oi, it'll be 7AM where I'm at :(. There is no way Im getting up that early on a Saturday, even if its Crysis. Too bad I won't be able to play the demo in DX10, guess I'll have to wait until early november w/ the full game and my new gfx card.

-Indybird

.Maleficus.
10-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Oi, it'll be 7AM where I'm at :(. There is no way Im getting up that early on a Saturday, even if its Crysis. Too bad I won't be able to play the demo in DX10, guess I'll have to wait until early november w/ the full game and my new gfx card.

-Indybird
I'm the same way. It'll be on low settings, DX9, and won't be played well until I get my new card (probably when the 8800GTs come out).

That leaves me in an odd place though. Do I preorder UTIII Collectors Edition, or do I save the $60 for the new card? What to do, what to do...

crenn
10-27-2007, 01:59 AM
I'm going to try to play it. If it's has a DX10 version, I'll try that too.

btw, it's the 27th here..... damn late releases ;)

danthegeek
10-27-2007, 02:39 AM
If anyone is still awake, i found the demo on gamershell.com. I dont know if it DX10 or DX9 or both. I dont know if it really is the demo but according to them it is.

Here is the link so you can decide. i am downloading it now to find out.

http://www.gamershell.com/news/42876.html

The boy 4rm oz
10-27-2007, 03:35 AM
Nice, I may download this, depends how big the file is though, my net quota is almost gone.

EDIT: 1.77GB, I think I'll pass, I will get it when PC Powerplay comes out next month anyway, I can wait.

D1337
10-27-2007, 03:37 AM
20%, downloading on my "storage?" pc, since i never got around to getting my network up on my gaming rig. *sigh*

xRyokenx
10-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Coming in at a little less than 600KBps... should be done in about an hour.

Scotty
10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Ive had it since this morning :P

Graphics are great im only on high, need to get fraps running on it but it's playable.

Gameplay wise i feel something is missing, the suit add-ons are great but it takes too long to access them, my Mouse button 3 doesn't work (or isnt detected) so that means i need to hit 'v'. Also it feels a bit slow.

And on easy... Its not easy.

Completed demo, clifhanger endig is OOOoooo

Over 10 minutes of game play, involving a gun fight, some explosions, water and me dying Get out of the hummer before it blows up

This is what FRAPS gave me.
Min Max Average
20 46 31.003

Thats with all on high and objects, physics and particle on very high. @ 1680x1050

Indybird
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
This is what FRAPS gave me.
Min Max Average
20 46 31.003

Thats with all on high and objects, physics and particle on very high. @ 1680x1050
Damn, nice numbers! What's in your system?

You can see my specs in my sig, heres what I got:
Min: 11
Max: 38
Average: 22

I was running the game with all high settings except water, physics and particles @ 1680x1050. Im guessing the only reason the demo ran so bad is because of my graphics card. :( Luckily, though I'll be buying either the ATI HD3870 or nVidia 8800GT early november, and then I won't have any problems.

But anyway, that demo was awesome. I actually felt that was an extremely solid game. Everything felt right. The amount of detail is amazing: you can pick up just about anything, destroy just about anything, and the general physics (not just gravity related things) are simply amazing. Of course the graphics are beautiful, but what really blew me away were the faces. Not only did they look real, but their mouths moved realistically also.

Heres my advice, if you havent already, go download the demo NOW. You will enjoy it. The fastest servers are currently on filefront.com.

-Indybird

danthegeek
10-27-2007, 03:29 PM
SIGH...... Mine is only playable on low settings. I guess the 7800gt will have to be replaced :evil:.

crenn
10-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Coming in at a little less than 600KBps... should be done in about an hour.

I envy you.... I have it coming in at an average of around 40kbps

Scotty
10-27-2007, 03:45 PM
I had about 100kbps download.

Indy. Im playing with Q6600 @3.3, 8800GTX (stock speeds), 2GB DDR2 @ 730MHz, 74GB Raptor.

Im hoping the final release is a little more optimized, or Nvidia bring out some newer drivers again.

Would really like to see how a 8800GT performs in this.

D1337
10-27-2007, 03:51 PM
SIGH...... Mine is only playable on low settings. I guess the 7800gt will have to be replaced :evil:.

my storage pc has a 6600, so yeah ill be feeling the pain till i setup my network on my gaming rig :(

Scotty
10-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Crysis performance (http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1211/1) 8800GT included it's nipping at the heels of the GTX

.Maleficus.
10-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Crysis performance (http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/1211/1) 8800GT included it's nipping at the heels of the GTX
So I'm OFFICIALLY getting an 8800GT now.

Man, ATIs current cards kinda suck though... When something that should be WAY better (2900XT - 1GB GDDR4, etc. etc.) is getting owned by something with half that...

xRyokenx
10-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Holy **** that game is awesome. I loved that demo to death... too bad my PC only runs it just above low on 800x600... ah well, that's what overclocking is for, hahaha... that or my CPU and RAM are bottlenecking my 8500GT... hmm....

I don't think you could play that on a card much lower than mine... the minimum requirements were kinda low, lol... I'm thinking 640x480 resolution on low will probably get you like 10fps...

D1337
10-27-2007, 06:35 PM
beat the game on "Delta".. Pretty easy. just dont be an idiot and run guns blazing.

Notable things:
when you get into the boat, if you drive to far into the ocean youll be blown away by a warship.

DONT TRY TO SNIPE AT A LONG LONG RANGE, it can sometimes take a few CLIPS to take down people at a long range. go for a midrange headshot.

theres some kind of sniper/dart bullet? that is slow to reload but seems to be more accurate and infinite.

Your character is a transsexual... you can switch between male and female voices.

Vehicles are a godsent if you use them properly.

On Delta difficulty, you will die in a few shots, you MUST mid range snipe people off turrets (boats, humvee's, and the one near the radio tower) or as soon as you become visible your pretty much dead.

A.I isnt as great as i thought it would be, they have poor fighting tactics, they wont normally charge you if your taking cover in a building.

If the demo is a sign of how good the real game is going to be, im gonna be slightly disappointed. sand textures underwater are basically the same, ai isnt that good, glitchy in some points.. =/

Scotty
10-27-2007, 07:05 PM
So I'm OFFICIALLY getting an 8800GT now.

Man, ATIs current cards kinda suck though... When something that should be WAY better (2900XT - 1GB GDDR4, etc. etc.) is getting owned by something with half that...

Or you could buy second-hand GTXs if people decided to which to GTs

I agree, running in guns blazing hasn't worked so far. The one thing that gets me every time is the damn boat at the 'First Light' base, every time, i can take it out but it takes far too many shots. Where do you get the sniper?

I agree about the vehicles, so damn helpful, except when you aren't looking at the flames and stuff then realize and its too late and then boom and back and you fly and you die but it all looks pretty so its all really good and stuff :P

No punctuation in that last bit what so ever lol.

Spawn-Inc
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
well after trying about 5-10 minutes of it i really like it accept that it has lag. when i am walking forward it keeps going. i think its my system not the game... i hope (from the sounds of you guys its my system). i get 16fps av on 800x600 (in a window on my 1024x786 desktop) on all low with a oc'd cpu and video card.

i really like the opening scene though how it travels through the suit and all.

if i can pull if off i might sell my current card and 512mb stick of ram and try to get a 7800 or 7900 card.

D1337
10-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Or you could buy second-hand GTXs if people decided to which to GTs

I agree, running in guns blazing hasn't worked so far. The one thing that gets me every time is the damn boat at the 'First Light' base, every time, i can take it out but it takes far too many shots. Where do you get the sniper?

I agree about the vehicles, so damn helpful, except when you aren't looking at the flames and stuff then realize and its too late and then boom and back and you fly and you die but it all looks pretty so its all really good and stuff :P

No punctuation in that last bit what so ever lol.

there isnt a sniper in the demo, if you were referring to my "dont try to snipe at long long ranges"

to take out the first boat,i suggest you prone down the hill/cliff keep as hidden as possible and take out the guards.

then head towards the humvee, hide then cloak and run up and headshot the guy in its gunning station, get inside and immediatly switch to the gunner spot, and do first person aim (right click).

if your having trouble there, expect HELL when you have to go into that small village area.

btw melee and tossing is pointless on Delta difficulty, so dont even try it (like it was very useful in the first place... =.=)

if anyone wants me to fraps a delta run, or specific points to help you i can.

Scotty
10-27-2007, 09:19 PM
Ah yea the Hummer thingy... *duh* totally forgot about that. Done it twice now without using it yet though.

Just gone a screened a load of LOW/Medium/High/V High comparisons. Some things make no difference really, others make huge differences.

danthegeek
10-27-2007, 09:47 PM
My specs:

AMD 4800 x2 (will oc to 2.6)
2 gigs ram
7800gt in sli

Do you think if i got a 8800gt i would be able run it DX10 on high settings?

Thanks
-dan

xRyokenx
10-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I OC'd my card and got about 20-40fps (guesstimate) on 1024x768 with everything on medium and a couple things on high... what would make it so that it doesn't draw everything when you get close enough? Like, I want to increase that distance because it annoys me a little.

Spawn-Inc
10-27-2007, 10:14 PM
^^ i would go all low settings, maybe shadow and model med and distance full.

crenn
10-27-2007, 10:19 PM
I haven't been able to do set mine to Very High. But I just finished the demo..... I wasn't looking at this game..... but hell, I AM NOW!!

I had my 8600GT on High and was averaging around 15-20FPS which is playable. I only played on Normal and I had problems.... I found out how to pick up enemy weapons later in the game. But I love the graphics, even if it was only on high. I couldn't activate AA at all, but the game is still wow.... I'm starting to make a list of what I need to buy!

New HSF for CPU
New PSU
New Graphics Card,
New Ram......
Estimated cost.... $2.5k

xRyokenx
10-27-2007, 10:31 PM
But I love the graphics, even if it was only on high.

ONLY on high? Only on HIGH?!?! *Eye twitches*

Is there a distance thing on there? I didn't see that option, would it be under another weird name?

Scotty
10-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Some weird name probably.

And you must all try the Sandbox editor, shove in some tanks, helicopters and then aliens and have a war. manual (http://doc.crymod.com/frames.html?frmname=topic&frmfile=index.html)

xRyokenx
10-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Tried varying stuff on high and couldn't figure out what it would be... it's funny thinking some dude is standing in the middle of open ground just to zoom in and see that he's actually behind a rock. I need a new trackball anyway, this stupid one is impossible to open without serious injury to oneself and breaking something, damn button's jamming a bit, won't click. I think I'ma do some work around the neighborhood to save up ~$65 or so for a kickass wireless one... :F

I'll give that editor a try, where'd you download it?

Spawn-Inc
10-27-2007, 11:28 PM
not sure and this is a shot in the dark but i'm guessing volumetric effects quality for distance?

xRyokenx
10-27-2007, 11:39 PM
I was thinking that and the game effects, but I have both maxed out and it hasn't really effected it... hmm...

D1337
10-28-2007, 01:02 AM
i LOVE the sandbox editor, a sexy sniper rifle (gauss rifle), minigun (hurricane) and oh so much more..

xRyokenx
10-28-2007, 01:19 AM
i LOVE the sandbox editor, a sexy sniper rifle (gauss rifle), minigun (hurricane) and oh so much more..

Just beat the demo again, I love me that shotgun and those pistols... whee! DUDE! Where's the sandbox editor?!?! If someone tells me "Google" I'ma slap 'em.

D1337
10-28-2007, 01:38 AM
program files>Electronic Arts>crytek>demo>sandbox 2 installer.

Install it.

then goto program files>Electronic Arts>crytek>demo>bin32>editor

done.

Scotty
10-28-2007, 08:56 AM
I put about 30 aliens on... and forgot to put anything for me, i got owned. there easy to take down with vehicles but without them then its a no no.

Some reason though when i place weapons it won't let me pick them up :|

Indybird
10-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Alright, how are you guys placing items? Everytime I place something (like a shotgun) and then go to test it, I can't pick it up, it just stays there. Can someone please tell me how to actually add weapons and vehicles?

Thanks,
Indybird

EDIT: Also, can someone post a lovely Full Graphics DX10, 1680x1050 Screenshot? Choose the most realistic looking scene possible...thanks also.

Scotty
10-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Ill grab a DX10 shot for you soon, ill slap everything on full even though it wont be playable, then ill post a playable one.

I have the same issue with weapons in the editor :|

As for vehicles it's the ones in the 'Archetype Entity' Only some work, or they all do but some don't appear then kill you.

xRyokenx
10-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Alrighty, after writing this draft I'll go ahead and mess with that.

Indybird
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Ill grab a DX10 shot for you soon, ill slap everything on full even though it wont be playable, then ill post a playable one.

I have the same issue with weapons in the editor :|

As for vehicles it's the ones in the 'Archetype Entity' Only some work, or they all do but some don't appear then kill you.

Alrighty, after writing this draft I'll go ahead and mess with that.

Thanks guys. I won't be able to get back on for another 6 hours though. :(

-Indybird

D1337
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
im having trouble getting textures on my terrain... I know how its done, but it just wont friggen work for me :(

danthegeek
10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Well I ordered a 8800gt today and it will ship tomorrow and may be here Wednesday. I think I am all prepared for Crysis now. Oh,..... Damn I forgot I dont have vista lol. Oh well Ill just go to the college and get a copy :D.

Indybird
10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Has anyone else here used the "TAC-Launcher" by placing it in the editor?
I won't ruin it, just go place it and find out for yerselves. (Its under weapons)

God, I love this game soooo much! The lag though is really ruining the experience for me. (and "no", I will not lower the graphics to get good framerates)

-Indybird

Spawn-Inc
10-28-2007, 09:44 PM
ok so how does the editor work? i got it installed and everything but its just a black screen.

just finished the game and its awesome even on low graphics, i can't wait for full really high settings :). i wish they didn't end the game there i really wanted to see more, ohwell i will be getting it once it comes out with a bonus car w00t!

xRyokenx
10-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I've beaten the demo six times and will probably beat it another thirty and try it on higher difficulties to see how good I can get at playing it, lol. I am so glad I have it preordered and have the $50 to pay for it. ^_^

Payner10
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
My rig is ready :). It will be more ready by Christmas though. Upgrading my amd 4600x2 to a 5600x2 and getting a heatsink for my 2900 that will allow me to overclock my 2900 to the max clock speeds.

danthegeek
10-29-2007, 12:30 AM
Thats interesting... The demo keeps crashing on my rig. I have not changed anything, I guess i will try a Defragment or re-install.

crenn
10-29-2007, 02:03 AM
I had crysis crash on my rig as well.... bug maybe? I was trying to load a saved checkpoint.

danthegeek
10-29-2007, 02:10 AM
I think it is a bug as well. When I get to the second village area near the water, everything slows down and starts going nuts. Ive done a re-install but I think it has to do with something in the sky that isnt supposed to be there lol. It looks like the exhaust from a boat. Maybe I can get a screen shot of it.

-danthegeek

Spawn-Inc
10-29-2007, 04:43 AM
how do i play a map i built in the sandbox editior?

danthegeek
10-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Thats interesting. I got thsi crap and then it froze after 20 seconds or so. http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/untitled-2.jpg

The boy 4rm oz
10-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Oh Burn lol. That's what my 6600GT used to do to STALKER. The only temporary fix I found for it was upgrading the heatsink to a Zalman copper one and then overclocking the hell out of it. Now I have a 8800GTX and have no problems.

xRyokenx
10-29-2007, 10:25 AM
When you're heading there a GPS scrambler messes with your HUD and it goes fuzzy for a few seconds, lol. THAT's what that mess is. :P

EDIT: But yeah... that doesn't look like it's supposed to do that... hmm... try it on lower settings or something like that, tweak them around and see what happens.

danthegeek
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
The new drivers I downloaded that are supposed to "optimize" crysis is what is causing the problems. I went back a few and it work much much much much better now.... I can actually play it MED/High @ 1440X900 with my 7800gt's in sli. Oh well, doesn't matter, I just ordered my 8800gt from Newegg 10mins ago. I canceled the one from zipzoomfly because I have never liked them. I canceled it yesterday (hadnt shipped) and they still havent put my credit back on the card. bastards....... NEWEGG FTW.

Anyways, Ill let everyone know how it goes with the 8800gt when I get it.

Scotty
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
how do i play a map i built in the sandbox editior?

Ctrl+G

rendermandan
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Just downloaded it. -I'll check it out tomorrow.

Scotty
10-29-2007, 06:17 PM
SCREENS

All DX10, some High some Very High (http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k128/ArtByScott/Crysis/)

Image '1' - DX10 VERY HIGH - 16 AA (Thats why the FPS sucks :P)

All others 2AA or None

Even though the FPS don't seem very playable in some (i did do some just for screen shots) the game played pretty good, also i think the frame rate drops 1-2 frames with it taking screen shots.

One also taken in the editor

danthegeek
10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I was wondering how many times everyoen has played through the demo. Myself, I have completed it 5 times. I cant get enough lol.

The boy 4rm oz
10-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Those screen shots are awesome. I HAVE to get this game when I get the cash lol but I also want to get Oblivion :(.

xRyokenx
10-29-2007, 09:58 PM
If I felt like going through eBay, I'd sell you my copy of Oblivion for $20-30, I want to get the Game of the Year version of it... we'll see what happens.

The boy 4rm oz
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Thats the one I was looking for lol. Oblivion + Nights of Nine and Shivering Isles.I can get Oblivion for $40AUS and the other two are around $40-$60AUS, game of the year works out better for me.

xRyokenx
10-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Thats the one I was looking for lol. Oblivion + Nights of Nine and Shivering Isles.I can get Oblivion for $40AUS and the other two are around $40-$60AUS, game of the year works out better for me.

And we don't have $500000000 worth of shipping and taxes and crap to pay, lol. I'll put it up and see if I can get $20 or so for it... or sell it to a friend, we shall see.

danthegeek
10-30-2007, 12:55 AM
ATTENTION- Anyone with a high end graphics card (8800 etc.) and is running in Xp, how would you like to have those "Very High" settings? Well, its possible and looks exactly like the DX10 version.

LINK (http://www.actiontrip.com/link.phtml?http://www.crysis-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=11837.0#msg203789)

I think the 8th post (author: mail4youtoo) explains the process the best. Apparently you just need to change a few .cfg files. The changes gives you all of the eye candy of DX10 but who knows if this will work on the actual game.

STICK IT TO THE MAN... meaning M$

I havent tried it but I am in the process right now.

-danthegeek

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! Here are some screenshots I took to prove it.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/Crysis2007-10-0201-32-54-78800x6-1.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/Crysis2007-10-0201-36-36-82800x600.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/Crysis2007-10-0201-36-51-46800x600.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/Crysis2007-10-3000-18-44-78800x600.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/Crysis2007-10-3000-19-05-58800x600.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/Crysis2007-10-3000-20-03-14800x600.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/Crysis2007-10-3000-23-46-33800x600.jpg

D1337
10-30-2007, 02:28 AM
looks like an entirely different game from what ive been playing. Although i knew about it, i just never looked for the edited files. thanks

Spawn-Inc
10-30-2007, 02:53 AM
wow, what a game... i really wish the new cards would come out so i can really play this game. anyway off to play it agian:banana:.

danthegeek
10-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Of course the hole time i was playing the demo with those settings, I was getting about 5 fps lol.

The boy 4rm oz
10-30-2007, 07:05 AM
It really is a beautiful game. I HAVE to get it. I need to find a game that will truly test me 8800GTX, it plays everything on maxed out settings at around 90-100FPS (BF2, BF2142, STALKER etc.) will be interesting to see how it copes with this and Oblivion ;).

xRyokenx
10-30-2007, 10:54 AM
That is freakin' beautiful! I wish I had an 8800, more RAM, and a better CPU, lol. A friend of mine had it maxed out on his 8800GTS (I think that's what he has) and it got about 40fps methinks... he has a crappy CPU though and if he upped that it would be better.

Scotty
10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
That is freakin' beautiful! I wish I had an 8800, more RAM, and a better CPU, lol. A friend of mine had it maxed out on his 8800GTS (I think that's what he has) and it got about 40fps methinks... he has a crappy CPU though and if he upped that it would be better.

Maxed out with 40fps? doubt that unless it was DX9 not 10.

I added some screens to my PB album with the GPU and CPU tests in the bin32 folder, thats with all very high settings

xRyokenx
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Maxed out with 40fps? doubt that unless it was DX9 not 10.

I added some screens to my PB album with the GPU and CPU tests in the bin32 folder, thats with all very high settings

It was DX9 and with just High settings, I'll send him a link to that article as he doesn't like coming here... don't worry about it, just personal reasons.

But yeah, that is one nice looking game and I can't wait to see what mods/maps people come out with for it.

Scotty
10-30-2007, 03:03 PM
I really want to create a map, just gotta figure out the editor first, still can't pick up ANY weapons, but vehicles i can get into :|

xRyokenx
10-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I couldn't figure out how to use the editor at all, hahaha... it's one of those cases where I need somebody to actually show me what to do and I'll understand it then... I have a few ideas for maps for any game that would be excellent to make and play on. Are there any aircraft that you can fly in the game? If so, the map I have in mind will be even better.

D1337
10-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Ive done alot of things in the editor, but im pissed at it right now. The editor is easy in some parts, difficult in others. Some parts are badly constructed, which is the main issue i have with it.

Scotty
10-30-2007, 04:08 PM
AH HA! you have to place weapons from entity, not any of the others. Yes there are some air vehicles, helicopter is the one i have played with most :D

D1337
10-30-2007, 04:45 PM
because thats the only flying vehicle that works... (not counting the hover craft, since it HOVERS)

Spawn-Inc
10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
i'm with xRyokenx, i'm not sure how to use it fully. i was able to open the island map and i deleted everything from it accept for a heli which i planned to fly, but when i started the game it was messed up. i went to start a new game and after you jump from the plane and are skydiving it said you are out of bounds and it killed me wtf?!

xRyokenx
10-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Okay, cool, I'll sketch my idea up and put a heli in a secluded spot. :D

But yeah, what other vehicles and weapons are there? I'd like a list so I can plan it all better... oh, no random weapons lying around (unless you buy them?), think of armory buildings in a few spots.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Woods! My map will have the woods in it that I've been thinking of (as no other game that I know of actually has real woods instead of 2D ones you can't go through)... schwing!

D1337
10-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah! Woods!
have fun modeling tree's.

i'm with xRyokenx, i'm not sure how to use it fully. i was able to open the island map and i deleted everything from it accept for a heli which i planned to fly, but when i started the game it was messed up. i went to start a new game and after you jump from the plane and are skydiving it said you are out of bounds and it killed me wtf?!
A. you moved the plane over a kill trigger
B. you moved the kill trigger under the plane.

Ive already made a few basic islands, flying cars, floating cars, 100 mph cars (maximum)

I just need to figure the damn AI so i can make the Koreans get in and drive like crazy :D

xRyokenx
10-30-2007, 06:20 PM
Heh heh... you have to model them when you place them? There's no premade tree models that you can haphazardly place aboot? Hmm... that is quite the conundrum, buddy.

D1337
10-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Ive never seen or heard of woods that consisted of entirely palm trees.

xRyokenx
10-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Or whatever they have for woods... I'm betting somebody will come out with models for pine trees and such. It'd still be good with palm trees methinks... hmm... :think:

Scotty
10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
There should be a few trees under something surely and they aren't all Palm trees, they are the only destroyable ones which is lame.

If you move the camera then hit Ctrl+G in the editor it spawns you where the camera is, put it close to the ground though. unless you do what i did and go really high place a helicopter and get in it and start it before you hit the ground, it's far too easy the heli starts up in a few seconds....

@D1337 whn you figure the ai out tell me, it's crazy ass stuff o.O

Also i found if you spawn near AI they won't appear on the map until you go away and then come back... teh suxor

Spawn-Inc
10-30-2007, 09:45 PM
well i think for the most part i understand how to use the editor, or spawning weapons and cars, etc.

how do i make a new flat surface though?

D1337
10-30-2007, 10:47 PM
new as in get rid of your old surface or make a new raised flat surface?

Spawn-Inc
10-30-2007, 11:00 PM
basically i want to make a big open flat grass (short grass) or sand field where i can spawn tanks and cars and have a free style. like garrys mod if you will.

D1337
10-30-2007, 11:02 PM
draw on everything in then keep clicking the "noise" button and everything will be flat.

Spawn-Inc
10-31-2007, 02:28 AM
ok so i got all that figured out, now has anyone been able to add guns, such as the sniper rifle to the main game? i put the sniper rifle and some ammo in the very start of the island map and saved it, but when i go to load the game it doesn't show up, anyone know why?

have you guys tried that tac luncher or w/e its called? man that makes a big hexplosion!

Indybird
10-31-2007, 09:28 AM
have you guys tried that tac luncher or w/e its called? man that makes a big hexplosion!

helz yeah, didn't I post that? Neeways, do you have physics on full? If so try shooting that at one of the villages. Pieces of wood and roofing go everywhere! The amazing thing is that all of the wood and stuff that land in the water float, and it really looks like something was destroyed there.

-Indybird

Jetty_200
10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
wow i just finished the demo last night. amazing game :D

The boy 4rm oz
10-31-2007, 09:48 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again, I WANT IT NOW!!! lol.

Spawn-Inc
10-31-2007, 03:08 PM
i would like to set the physics on full but alas my 7300 couldn't handle that. :(, waiting for the new cards before i buy one.

D1337
10-31-2007, 07:58 PM
for some reason my 6600 that im testing the game on just cant handle the workout im giving it =X?

http://i19.tinypic.com/61lzmzq.png

http://i10.tinypic.com/6fs14eq.jpg

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8176/pyshicsoc1.jpg
( vehicles are flying in my hurricane, unfortunately i am too...)

Spawn-Inc
10-31-2007, 08:57 PM
haha nice one. i wouldn't want to stress my card that much. once i get the new card i will try that hhaa.

Indybird
10-31-2007, 09:57 PM
D1337, thats some funny/sweet stuff ya got there. You obviously are loving the editor. Too bad I'm on my junk computer right now, otherwise I'd be messing around in the editor.

-Indybird

xRyokenx
10-31-2007, 10:00 PM
If I could figure it out I'd go nuts with it and remake that into an entirely different demo, wuahahahahaha! Any tips or anything?

Spawn-Inc
10-31-2007, 10:47 PM
well i just made a tutorial video of what i know, but its 660mb's! i don't know how the hell it got hat big so fast. its only 6 minutes.

know of any sites that can either transfer that much or video hosting that will let it be hosted for a bit?

EDIT: i knocked it down to 138mb's.

ok so the video quality got screwed up so i will have to write it.

1.Open the Editor
2. go to file>open and look for Island.cry (F:\Programs\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Levels\island)
3.once loaded (if there is any errors just close that window) move around the map with w,a,s,d and right click the mouse to change the camera angle.
4.onec you find a open area (i choose the beach, you can spawn all kinds of weapons and cars, etc)
5.to spawn items you will need to look for "Archetype Entity" in the top right corner area. if the options show in the picture below do not appear then hit browser.

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6950/crysis1mf0.th.jpg (http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis1mf0.jpg)

6.if you want weapons then select (click the folder in front of the name once or twice to open the sub menu) pickups. just look through them menu and select what you want by double clicking or clicking once and dragging it to the map.
7. if you see the item when you select it then it will spawn upon loading. i have found sometimes i can't get it to show up becuase when i placed it it looked like this.

this is the way it should look (you can see the rocket luncher (note i am looking at the X,Y,Z lines)
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/793/crysis2rightie2.th.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis2rightie2.jpg)

this is what it can look like and nothing will show up, i'm not sure why as i don't fully know how to use the program. (note i am looking at the X,Y,Z lines)
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2963/crysis3wrongsd8.th.jpg (http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crysis3wrongsd8.jpg)
8.to spawn anything else just do the same as above.

i hope that gets you going :)

xRyokenx
11-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the quick tutorial, as soon as I figure out where my shortcut to open the infernal thing went, I'll mess around with it. (lol, rocket "luncher")

Crysis comes out in two weeks as of yesterday! I think I'll go freeze myself, where's Butters when you need him?

danthegeek
11-01-2007, 06:32 PM
I received my 8800gt today. May I say AWESOME... Crysis is so much more enjoyable then before. I was getting around 22 fps average on MED settings with my 7800 gt in sli. Now I am getting 24 fps average using the method I showed earlier (very High). With the 7800 gt s in sli i was getting about 5 fps lol. I love it. Everything is gorgeous and no horrible lag.

Time to play with the editor some more and see what a nuke looks like now.:devious:

Scotty
11-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Make sure you use the Tank with TAC, it's 10times better, but fire it into the distance otherwise you die and don't see the awesomeness :o

Spawn-Inc
11-01-2007, 08:26 PM
haha ya, the first time i shot that gun i was just aiming maybe 10 feet in front of me and i died instantly:twisted:

Indybird
11-02-2007, 12:36 AM
haha ya, the first time i shot that gun i was just aiming maybe 10 feet in front of me and i died instantly:twisted:

same here, the thing is that I had no clue what had happened until after the next try...

-Indybird

Spawn-Inc
11-02-2007, 12:38 AM
have you tried the tac/nuke tank? its about 5 times bigger better. i tried to blow up one of those battle ships out in the ocean , it survived though :(

Indybird
11-02-2007, 09:37 AM
have you tried the tac/nuke tank? its about 5 times bigger better. i tried to blow up one of those battle ships out in the ocean , it survived though :(

I'm not sure they're even solid or part of the interactable world. In the editor I went and dropped myself on one, and I couldn't move at all. Then a few seconds later it shot itself with one of those ridiculous missiles.

Theres been one question though; Does everyone else here see what actually happens when your parachute fails?

Answer, if you don't know(Highlight to view)
If you look to your left, you'll see an alien boost in the distance and then come and hit you.

-Indybird

xRyokenx
11-02-2007, 09:41 AM
I thought as much, but didn't see it. I'll take a look later on.

Scotty
11-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Indy yea i saw that too, first time i played it, i was like wtf is that? *SMACK* wtf? huh? wah? lol.

I think there is supposed to be a shark in the seaas the ships only shoot you when you are in vehicles from what i have found you can otherwise swim right up to them. i just want the damn shark to attack me.

xRyokenx
11-02-2007, 01:01 PM
Sharks eh? In that case, I hope they put boars or something on that island too, that would add a bit more life to it. Koreans and all are great, but last I checked we humans aren't the only component of the ecosystem. Yes, I've noticed the birds. :p

Spawn-Inc
11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
i've seen chickens, crabs, fish. i heard 11 total from those reviews

D1337
11-02-2007, 04:21 PM
The warships are solid, ive swam up to them touched them, then spawned my self on it in the editor. You can walk on it.

The shark entity didnt come with the demo (among a ton of other things) so thats why you see the area of where it can attack you but its not there.

Spawn-Inc
11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
ya i spawned myself on the warships to but died since i was out of bounds.

Scotty
11-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Yup sharks, in the editor i was hovering over the lines for areas and one of them said shark, so im guessing there is one.

Indybird
11-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Im so sad, I can't play the demo. I am really in the mood to play that right now... :(

BTW, there is nothing more awesome than the nuke tank shot at one of the villages with physics on high...

-Indybird

Spawn-Inc
11-02-2007, 11:33 PM
Yup sharks, in the editor i was hovering over the lines for areas and one of them said shark, so im guessing there is one.

after you sky dive and meet up with who ever the second guy is i tried to swim to the warship. i was warned about shark waters but never saw or got killed by one. however i was shot at by the warship. i was able to go a second time and swim underwater so i didn't get hit by the missiles but ran out of air.

EDIT: 2k post!

crenn
11-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Has anyone (I was in hard, not delta) had a guard shoot up at you, shoot a tree and have the tree fall on themselves and killing them?

Scotty
11-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Spawn yea missles blow up on the water surface so you can't get hit under water.

Crenn never had that happen to me on hard, i hate it when you are in a vehicle though and they chuck a grenade in it... first time i didn't see it lol.

I have had one hide behind a red barrel, shoot it and kill themselves that was quite funny.

D1337
11-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I love grabbing people and throwing them off high places. (like the radio tower thing)
:D

xRyokenx
11-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I love grabbing people and throwing them off high places. (like the radio tower thing)
:D

You can grab people? How?

D1337
11-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I think it was F, T is gun whip.

anyone try picking up a thrown nade? (asking, not saying you can)

Scotty
11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Not tried picking up a grenade, don't want to risk dying :P

Yes it's F for grabbing people, like when you see the 'Pick up' icon appear same thing happens when you're close enough to an enemy. Except it says 'Grab enemy' not 'Pick up'

xRyokenx
11-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Sweet. Look out guys! I'm gonna be throwing more than just schtuff at you! Wuahahahahahaha! lol This game is just awesome, I can't wait until it comes out in 11 days (?).

Scotty
11-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Need to pre-order games...

Can't pre-order .. need money

Can't get money until birthday...

Can't wait 2 days :(

Spawn-Inc
11-03-2007, 07:57 PM
with preorders you normally only have to put down 5 bucks. i so far have paid 45 of the 59.99 for crysis and 40 of the 59.99 for super mario galaxy. i'm wondering what happens if i pay it all off, do i pay taces then? i will go tomorrow and see what happens.

for me grabbing people is e, but i changed it to that, i'm used to half life keys so i always change my keys to best fit HL games.

Scotty
11-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Ah i can pre-order for free then pay it all when it comes, just parents won't let me pre-order until i have the money.

xRyokenx
11-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Need to pre-order games...

Can't pre-order .. need money

Can't get money until birthday...

Can't wait 2 days :(

You should freeze yourself, just be careful of avalanches. /South Park

Spawn-Inc
11-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Ah i can pre-order for free then pay it all when it comes, just parents won't let me pre-order until i have the money.

ya when i preordered my wii (almost 6 months early i think back when it was still code named revolution) i never ended up saving enough money and had to borrow 100+ from my parents, so i wasn't alot to get it back until i paid them which was soon after.

Spawn-Inc
11-04-2007, 02:39 AM
i have been messing around on this map (http://crysis.4thdimension.info/forum/showpost.php?p=64125&postcount=149)(demo map # 5), i think i linked it if not download it and back up your "level.pak" file then start a new game once you replace it in the island folder. you can fight aliens and you get a massive arsenal. i just spent a good solid hour messing around shooting the tank nukes at a village, snipering, cutting down the forest with a shotgun. then a dam tree fell on my head and killed me dammit!

Scotty
11-04-2007, 06:25 AM
Lol, i didn't know you could be killed by trees, altrhough i don't think one has fallen on me yet.

The boy 4rm oz
11-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Haha that's so cool. Knowing you can be killed by your surroundings is so cool. I saw a Halo 3 movie of this guy sniping a traffic cone at the beginning of every round. One round after the shot he died, turns out the cone ricochet off the wall and hit him square in the head.

crenn
11-04-2007, 07:40 AM
It's possible to finish that level in about 10 minutes if you can steal a boat!

Scotty
11-04-2007, 10:02 AM
It's too easy you can finish it without killing anyone, i did it, just steal a vehicle (i use the hummer) drive up to where the last defense is before you get to the boat, cloack run through and you're good to go.

xRyokenx
11-04-2007, 10:12 AM
I've crashed into trees a few times learning to drive the hummer and it blew up when a tree landed on it... This improved environment makes the games more immersive and more fun. I can't wait to get this in 10 days.

Scotty
11-04-2007, 11:12 AM
10 days, awh that sucks i have a 12 day wait :(

I noticed trees do some damage, driving through with a tank is lol, until you hit one that can't be destroyed and you get stuck lol.

xRyokenx
11-04-2007, 11:31 AM
I've done some crazy stuff with vehicles... in a boat, I ramped over some rocks, landed on the beach, and hopped on the .50cal to take out some guys... and in hummers... oh god... I did sixty up a hill, ran two guys over, hopped it over a fence and into a building, and then shot the gas tank. Talk about nuts, eh? This game is too fun.

Scotty
11-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Too fun. iIs an understatement.

Check this out (http://uk.gamespot.com/video/0/6182176/videoplayerpop?rgroup=9841&ont_override=12656)

Final version = much better optimized, they run that on a 8800GT and C2D on high>very high

Skip to about half way ish to see him playing it, and thats a level we haven't seen before it looks totally f'ing awesome.

xRyokenx
11-04-2007, 12:06 PM
That is awesome. It does look like it's running a bit better. I'm betting I can run it on high with my 8500GT if I were to get a new CPU, my Pentium D sucks for what I use it for.

Spawn-Inc
11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
hey ryoken how much ram does your 8500 have? i really want a new card to play this game and i wish i didn't buy this dam card i have now. i can afford to go get a 8400GS right now but i have a feeling its the it would be the same thing as what i have now just 8 series. then there is your card, i think, for 104.99 or a 8600GT for 20 more which is what i think i will end up getting unless i can get a job soon (interview at hmv coming up :))

8400GS (http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=015679&cid=999.243.390)
8500GT (http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=015670&cid=999.243.390)
8600GT (http://www.canadacomputers.com/main.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=015474&cid=999.243.390)

xRyokenx
11-04-2007, 05:14 PM
It has 256MB + 256MB (from the system RAM). It was about $70. Mine was made by MSI, but the EVGA one can't be too different. Just save up and get whichever of those is the best. I can play on Medium quite well after OC'ing it... with some stuff on High after OC'ing it a bit more.

Spawn-Inc
11-04-2007, 06:33 PM
is the heatsink and thermal paste all stock? what temps do you get?

xRyokenx
11-04-2007, 06:39 PM
It's all stock. Hell, it's fanless. OC'd I get about 40-50C idle and it doesn't get above 60C while under load. It's awesome, I want to get two of the things in SLI someday soon.

crenn
11-04-2007, 10:38 PM
I'd get a 8600GT over a 8500GT

Spawn-Inc
11-04-2007, 10:46 PM
ya i think i will save the 120 and grab a 8600GT.

crenn
11-04-2007, 11:42 PM
The 8600GT is no 'killer' but it certainly can run things decently.

.Maleficus.
11-05-2007, 07:42 AM
I say you just save the $100 (or whatever it costs), and buy a good graphics card next. Instead of buying small now, just buy the good card and use it in your system until the rest of your parts come. Otherwise, you'll have two extra graphics cards you won't use, and probably won't sell (for much anyways).

xRyokenx
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I was thinking of getting two 8500GTs because I could slap them in older machines or something. I could definitely find a use for them. I might get an 8800 series card, but I don't have much cash. Right now I'm getting a new CPU, and later on new RAM as my mobo has only two slots... we'll see. Thanks for the concern though guys, heh heh. I don't want to get a new motherboard if possible. The one I did find needed some seriously fast RAM and I'd have to fork out more than $300 for the mobo, RAM, CPU, and extra 8500GT... it'd be like $700, more than I want to spend. This 8500GT, by the way, runs Crysis on 1024x768 with medium settings. My CPU is bottlenecking it though, you can tell, so that's what I'm going to upgrade first. I'll make a log out of it in another thread one day or something. /shrug

The boy 4rm oz
11-05-2007, 09:53 AM
The only thing bottlenecking my system is my CPU also (E6600) and my HDD. When I build my brothers PC I will swap out my E6600 for his Q6600 lol, he wont know the difference. I am also going to get another 320GB HDD and wipe the one I'm using at the moment and do a fresh install with Raid 0. I would recommend saving your cash and getting the 8600GTS or the 8800GT, both are very good performers.

xRyokenx
11-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I have a Pentium D... I dont' remember the true name of it, but here's the specs: 2.66Ghz 533Mhz FSB with like 2MB cache

I'ma upgrade to a C2D... or C2Q if possible. I also plan on getting a riser card for my video card and seeing if I can get that to work out right so I can use a physics card (yes, I know about them, don't lecture me, lol).

Scotty
11-05-2007, 05:52 PM
For Crysis a quad would give much better performance then a Duo in the final version hopefully. Even though its clock is lower/

crenn
11-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Unless you overclock the said Quad..... then it's faster than a Duo *winks*

danthegeek
11-05-2007, 08:13 PM
For Crysis a quad would give much better performance then a Duo in the final version hopefully. Even though its clock is lower/

Especially since all physics in crysis is run by your cpu. I notice my 4800x2 having trouble keeping up with the physics on high/very high. I get a bit of lag when things blow apart, but just barely noticeable.

Spawn-Inc
11-05-2007, 10:58 PM
well i thinks i will be getting the 8600GT 256mb on friday or saturday if my parents will let me wait 2 weeks to pay them for car insurance. if the 8500GT 512mb is in stock i might opt for that instead but not sure.

then i can sell my ram and older video card and hopefully get at least 30 for both combined. or maybe i will keep both in to have fake sli haha. i would need a second monitor to do that. you can run two different cards can't you?

i hope i will be able to lap the stock heatsink for a better oc. has anyone taken theres off and seen what it looks like under it?

danthegeek
11-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I bought an XFX version of the 8600gt and it runs very well. I havent messed with the heatsink and it runs at 49 degrees celsius load.

I think Crysis has ruined me. I can no longer enjoy some of the games I used to play. j/k :D. But seriously, I have oblivion maxed out and it runs great but it looks like crap compared to crysis.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????

huhemmm

-danthegeek

xRyokenx
11-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Yeah... Oblivion could use the Crytek engine and it'd be more fun, especially with a graphical update. I hope Bethesda makes a real kickass game next time around. Oblivion was fun, but it's no fun starting a character all over because your backup drive won't let you access the "My Documents" folder...

Spawn-Inc
11-06-2007, 12:07 AM
that happened to me with day of defeat. i used to swear by plain dod, then i started trying dod:S and it was better but it ran at a lower fps and i didn't like the classes (they went with fewer classes). i started playing dod:s more and more and went back to dod and oh man did it suck. i wonder what it will be like with a 8600gt mmmm can't wait!

D1337
11-06-2007, 12:16 AM
you can bet within a few months youll see mods coming off the crytek engine. Just like CSS.

I cant wait for someone to make a zombie mod for it, that sh** would be sooooo sweet.

Spawn-Inc
11-06-2007, 01:28 AM
^^ ya i hope it becomes the new half life 2 for mods. then steam can add them to there lineup of games.

Scotty
11-06-2007, 01:57 PM
I wanna make a mod, i just have no time, i wanna make a map but i have no time.

intergalacticman
11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
wow the min specs are like twice the performance of my best comp..

The boy 4rm oz
11-07-2007, 04:39 AM
I found something that you guys may find interesting to read:
http://www.techpowerup.com/?43827

Nvidia trying to stinge us again.

xRyokenx
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM

Wow. Just... wow... I don't want to buy a game that looks blurry as hell, but if you can just change the executable... curious.

Oh well, we'll see how it is on Wednesday when I pick up my copy.

EDIT: As in next Wednesday, not today.

Scotty
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM

I don't agree with what they show there tbh.

But i have noticed that .04 have cut detail down from .01

It's like the stuff in the distance is just lacking compared to before, and all that for not even 1fps difference faster.

xRyokenx
11-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Oh yeah, I found out why stuff was being drawn in when I get 50ft away from it on my PC: The objects setting is on low and it won't let me change it. Is there a way to get around that?

Spawn-Inc
11-07-2007, 06:51 PM
interesting, when did you look at the settings, while in a game? for me one of them won't change when your playing a game.

Indybird
11-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah, I found out why stuff was being drawn in when I get 50ft away from it on my PC: The objects setting is on low and it won't let me change it. Is there a way to get around that?

interesting, when did you look at the settings, while in a game? for me one of them won't change when your playing a game.

Yeah, you can't change the object detail settings while in-game. Also, in case you didn't know, the "Full" options are DirectX 10 settings. Apparently there is a way to turn some of those on without DX10.

-Indybird

The boy 4rm oz
11-08-2007, 01:47 AM
I would know if what those pics show is true, I haven't played Crysis yet. I just thought it was interesting that Nvidia would potentially damage a game that good be quite good for them.

xRyokenx
11-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, with Objects on high everything else pretty much has to be on low. I need a new CPU. Stupid Pentium D, lol.

Spawn-Inc
11-08-2007, 03:02 AM
least you don't have a Celeron!!!! it will be interesting to see how much i can up the settings, if at all with a new 8600GT superclocked 256mb.

danthegeek
11-08-2007, 04:58 AM

I really dont believe that article. It looks more like motion blur to me in the first pic. It seems they are jumping or something to get them up off of the ground. You can see in the second pic the angle is different. As for running slower, I wouldnt make an conclusions until the actual game comes out.

good find though.

-danthegeek

EDIT- I took my own screen shots.

First image, look familiar. I took it while standing still in front of the dock.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/crysis.jpg

Second shot I took while moving the mouse slowly. ??? Yeah its just motion blur
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/danthegeek/crysis2.jpg

FYI, the second shot I did get about 1-2 fps more. I am not writing this to attack anyone or to discredit, I just want people to get more then one side of a story.

Spawn-Inc
11-09-2007, 04:51 PM
w00t!!!!!!!!! i got my EVGA 8600GT 256mb Superclocked and i can now run crysis all on medium!

Indybird
11-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Ya know what's annoying!? Amazon just sent me a promo code to download and test Crysis Multiplayer Beta!!!!! So I follow the procedure in the e-mail exactly. I get to the page where I enter the promo code, copy and paste the code from my email and it says "Code not found"! When I got that email I was all hyped, now I'm just pissed. I just sent an e-mail to the Beta Support Line (Thats where you're supposed send registration problems to), and hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

(Though beta-testers are not really supposed to, I'll report back to you guys and let you know how sweet the features and general gameplay is)

-Indybird

Scotty
11-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I'd be pissed too. That sucks, it'll probably be quicker to buy the game then to download the MP demo.

And Yay for Spawn seeing Crysis in all it's medium detailed glory :D

Indybird
11-09-2007, 11:33 PM
I'd be pissed too. That sucks, it'll probably be quicker to buy the game then to download the MP demo.

And Yay for Spawn seeing Crysis in all it's medium detailed glory :D

Well, they replied to my email in about 5 minutes. They gave me a link to go download it directly. The problem is that it is still fileplanet. With these download speeds (~33kb/s, 1.4GB file), you're probably right: I probably will be quicker to buy the game then to download the demo.

-Indybird

Scotty
11-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Ouch, slow...

Indybird
11-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Well, it finished by the end of the day, and I installed it as soon as it was done.
I get into my first ever Crysis multiplayer game and I get owned by everyone. So I assumed that they we're just good, so I went into several more games after that. Pretty much everyone on there is amazing...Just earlier I figured out why. EA has been releasing several "Batches" of Beta Keys to the public across 5 separate releases. I finally got invited on the last one, and by now everyone on there has been playing for 3 months non-stop and are amazing. Not to say I haven't found a decent game, but they sure are few and far between.

Neeways, onto the gameplay. There is only one map included (you can check it out in the editor if you downloaded the single player demo), and only one gametype. The gametype is very similar to battlefield, in sense that you have to capture bunkers and power stations. The twist is where you also capture war-factories and research centers so that you can get and use vehicles and alien technology. The gameplay isn't that complicated and I enjoyed it. The game plays exactly like the Campaign. The only differences are no high-quality physics and the speed mode in the suit isn't as fast as the Campaign version.

Theres not really a whole lot to say about it other than what I said above. Its a simple one level, one gametype beta. I can't see how some of these people have been playing it for a few months and have the highest rank possible in the game.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

-Indybird

Spawn-Inc
11-11-2007, 02:18 AM
Let me know if you have any questions about it.

-Indybird

give me your beta key, password, name, etc! oh and i will take your pc off your hands free of charge!

D1337
11-11-2007, 02:20 AM
on the alien technology things, once you've captured the place do you spawn with the gun, or have to go there to pick it up? And is the gun limited to which of your teammates gets it first, or is it like a never ending supply?

btw you could give it the key :D since its only a few days away from release and you could live if they banned it... or could you..

Indybird
11-11-2007, 02:42 AM
on the alien technology things, once you've captured the place do you spawn with the gun, or have to go there to pick it up? And is the gun limited to which of your teammates gets it first, or is it like a never ending supply?

btw you could give it the key :D since its only a few days away from release and you could live if they banned it... or could you..

I'd love to give you the key, but I already tried it at my friends house and it wouldn't let me: apparently its just a one installation key. They're really picky about all of this.

Anyways about the alien stuff. One you've researched alien technology by having the alien research facility captured for a certain amount of time, alien technology becomes available as both upgrades to normal weapons and vehicles and actual alien weapons. They're available to your whole team, but it costs prestige points (which is essentially money), so theres the catch. Anyway the two different alien weapons are the freeze ray and the plasma cannon.

The prestige points work exactly like cash does in counterstrike: you get points for killing people and capturing objectives.

Also, when someone gets a nuclear weapon an icon appears over their head that people on both teams can see. As we've been discussing in this thread, the TAC-Launcher and Tank w/ TAC Launcher are insanely powerful. The warning is probably a good idea.

-Indybird

Scotty
11-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Why put a nuclear icon, it would be far more fun if they didn't expect it :D

A group of like 10 people next to each other could all be killed instead of one.

Spawn-Inc
11-13-2007, 04:34 PM
stupid eb games and there shipper, i went to pick up crysis and super mario galaxy but there not there yet!!!

anyone else picked up a copy yet?

xRyokenx
11-13-2007, 04:39 PM
It comes in tomorrow I thought... hmm...

Spawn-Inc
11-13-2007, 04:57 PM
well i'm not sure, i called one eb games place that said the 23rd and another that said 13th.
i'm thinking the guy some how mistook a 1 for a 2. also gamespot has reviews for both galaxy and crysis at 9.5 each as well as editors choice for both.

xRyokenx
11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I heard 14th... but you're in Canada, so it may be different. I guess I'll just see when I go to pick it up tomorrow after class.

Spawn-Inc
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
well on there USA/only site it says the 13th but it still shows it being not available. i called 4 eb games and they all said tomorrow and when i went to get Mario galaxy she said tomorrow as well. in the mean time i will be playing this!

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2710/11130002ln9.th.jpg (http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11130002ln9.jpg)

Indybird
11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't know about where you all are at, but the circuit cities near my house are selling Crysis for $40 (and they give you a $10 gift-card), and $50 for the collectors edition. Though I really don't need the collector's edition, I'm going to get it since that's how much I was going to pay for the normal edition.

-Indybird

crenn
11-13-2007, 08:23 PM
If you get the collector's edition... let me know if it includes the 'nanopack'

EDIT: Crysis has a 'pre-release' on the 14th for people who pre-order and a 'release' on the 16th. I checked it this morning.

xRyokenx
11-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Preorder for the win! lol

Spawn-Inc
11-13-2007, 11:09 PM
sweet! the gamespot review makes it look really nice, here is the link (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/review.html?sid=6182739&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot) if you haven't seen it already.

Spawn-Inc
11-14-2007, 03:46 PM
well its finally here!

installing...

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/682/11140001hr6.th.jpg (http://img252.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11140001hr6.jpg)

installed and i played through the what was in the demo. i think i got maybe 1 or 2 more fps but not fully sure. it seems to have a more polished look and feel to it over the demo. i'm going back to mario galaxy but when i get tired of that i will go to crysis.

xRyokenx
11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
I got my copy. I'm gonna mess around OC'ing stuff more so I can play it at better settings and get a better framerate. Anything under 30fps kind of pisses me off.

crenn
11-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Damn! I want that game and the graphics card I want!

cured
11-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Wow it wants 12GB? shiat

Spawn-Inc
11-14-2007, 08:33 PM

get the game, your setup can easly handle it at all medium, mine can and i only have a celeron. what driver do you have for you card btw?!

xRyokenx
11-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Holy crap. I OC'd my CPU from 2.8GHz to 3.2GHz and it runs on all medium with physics and sounds on high. I am thrilled. I also OC'd my video card from 459 to 550MHz core and from 400 to 575MHz RAM. That 8500GT kicks total ass (yes, I know I've said that a lot). Crazy fun game there.

Scotty
11-14-2007, 09:33 PM

Maybe you will have a way of getting one soon, and a nice one, if you look out for things...

I have my order in but it's not released until friday, so i should get it friday...

crenn
11-14-2007, 10:30 PM
The store that I'm getting the graphics card from (MSY) currently has no stock in. In fact there is hardly ANY 8800GTs in Australia! It's unknown when they're getting in either! All we know is that they're "On Order". If I don't get the graphics card by next friday, then I'll be waiting a while before I get the card (I won't need it until January) as I'll be able to pick it up around $20-80 cheaper! (The prices in Australia have been ramped up a lot because of the fact of the demand is so great).

Spawn, I'm using the latest drivers.

Indybird
11-15-2007, 12:38 AM
I went to circuit city today and picked myself up the collectors edition. I'll tell you right now: the only worthwhile things in the collector's edition are the soundtrack and extra vehicle.

I have pretty much been playing campaign and multiplayer non-stop since I got it installed. Any one else get it yet?

-Indybird

xRyokenx
11-15-2007, 01:18 AM
Man. That game is freakin' brilliant! I've gotten to the second GPS jammer. I love that game! That is the most fun I've had since sliced bread. I can see it in all it's medium settings glory too. Wow... just... wow...

Well, bed time to say the least. ...might be hard with my adrenaline pumping faster than a jet... :F lol Wheeeeee!

Spawn-Inc
11-15-2007, 02:54 AM
quick question, how does one take screen shots in the game?

danthegeek
11-15-2007, 05:15 AM
Wow, wait untill you get to the part with the AA in the harbor. Exciting stuff :twisted:.

crenn
11-15-2007, 05:42 AM
If MSY doesn't have the 8800GT by Wednesday next week..... I'll pick up crysis and save a little.

danthegeek
11-15-2007, 05:50 AM
quick question, how does one take screen shots in the game?

I usually use fraps to take screen shots. Im not sure what the key is in crysis though :think:.

dexaroni
11-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Ugh, I have to wait two more paydays before I can get it. Damn house payments.

I know I will be buying it in a couple paydays, along with a sweet new 22" Samsung monitor. I figured if I'm gonna play it, I may as well move up from 15 inches.

crenn
11-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Anyone know how long the collector's edition will be out for?

Indybird
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I bet the collectors edition will be out for a year at least, since it does not contain any expensive extras such as collectible coins or figures. I don't really know for sure though.

I gotta question for everyone who is decently far in the campaign: Who here hates Helicopters?

-Indybird

crenn
11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
I hope so, because if the 8800GT does come out... there is no guarantees I'm getting it for christmas! (So many good games out this month including crysis and UT3)

Indybird
11-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Good news! I just ordered myself a $235 HIS HD 3870 512MB!!!!!!! It'll be at my house by Tuesday! All of the reviews for the HD 3870 are coming in and they're all putting it right below the 8800GT 512MB. Heres the catch though: once you overclock the card it can beat the 8800GT by a decent margin. Apparently this card is very overclockable.

I'll definitely definitely be overclocking this card, if no one else gets it first, I will be posting a subjective review here. I say subjective, because I do not have any good cards to compare it to, so I can't give you any performance numbers. Instead the review will simply be about how well the card runs, the features, the looks, the heat, the noise, etc.

Finally I'll be able to play Crysis on full-settings!

-Indybird

Scotty
11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Nice Indy. You should then buy 3 more and a CossfireX board when they're released, that would be hawt.

Although it looks like its part of the devils family from the amount of transistors "666 Million" lol

crenn
11-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I'll still get the 8800GT.... and an aftermarket cooler ;3

Spawn-Inc
11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I bet the collectors edition will be out for a year at least, since it does not contain any expensive extras such as collectible coins or figures. I don't really know for sure though.

I gotta question for everyone who is decently far in the campaign: Who here hates Helicopters?

-Indybird

i haven't gotten that far, spending time on super mairo galaxy, but i have tried a custom map back in the demo days and i didn't like it a whole lot. i was hoping it would be like BF2 or BF vietnam.

also why was this moved here?