PDA

View Full Version : dremel 400xpr flexible shaft need help

Liquid_Scope_99
10-13-2007, 07:35 PM
hello all lol i was getting out my dremel yesterday and the long drive spring thats drives the shaft fell out lol, i read that it will come out as you have to pull it out to oil it .
well i put it back in and set everything up and if i tighten the black nut on the shaft tight it binds up and buzzes if that is even,a word ,

But if i leave it a little loose it seems to work fine any idea what im doing wrong any tips welcome a new one is $30 so i want to avoid buying a new one if possible .
thanks in advance

xRyokenx
10-13-2007, 11:33 PM
Take a few pics and post 'em on here, that'll help the pros to help you. :D

Spawn-Inc
10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
i assume you cleaned and reoiled the metal spring shaft?

Liquid_Scope_99
10-17-2007, 10:31 PM
lol yeah but i used 3 and 1 machine oil is all i had .
So im guessing that the spring is suppose to come all the way out .
thanks again i would have sent pics but camera is on the fritz ,sorryall btw what would be the proper thing to oil it with ?

Torn
10-20-2007, 05:36 PM
3 in 1 oil is ok.. we in england have somthing called WD40 thats amazin stuff. always handy to have in the workshop to lub while drilling, etc..

Spawn-Inc
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
3 in 1 oil is ok.. we in england have somthing called WD40 thats amazin stuff. always handy to have in the workshop to lub while drilling, etc..

us too!!!!

maybe get some solvent (like combustion cleaner or brake cleaner) and spray the part where you put the bit (the black part) and let it dry up for a day or more then spray it with some oil or the 3in1 stuff.

Liquid_Scope_99
10-27-2007, 12:28 AM
hey thanks Torn,lol i cant beleive i didnt think of wd40 that is the best stuff .thanks again.
Spawn-Inc i have some carb cleaner that should be about the same .
I will try that and oil it good i just lol didnt know the inside cable came out lol thanks again guys .
iIalso bought one of these today http://www.dremel.com/en-us/attachments-and-accessories/attachment-accessory-detail.htm?H=188575&G=69679&I=69727
thanks again all + rep to all