PDA

View Full Version : Review: Logitech LX5 "Cordless" Optical mouse

Gen.Omega
10-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Personal Review
(1 year ownership)
Logitech LX5 "Cordless" Optical Mouse
Immediately I'll say the mouse itself IS cordless, however, there is a USB reciever about 4x4" which has about a 1'-2' of wire that plugs into the USB port.
I believe there are newer versions using the well known usb-plugin reciever which has no wires involved.

This mouse claims that it "Now lasts up to 8 months Battery Life", I will say that is Confirmed.
I used it for 10-12 hours a day for work on my laptop for 8 months and one week before the two batteries died, real money saver for batteries!

Advantages:
-Good to use for less wires on a desktop PC.
-Works all the way, no lag or slow down until the last drop of battery power is gone, but it seems to warn you 1 - 3 weeks in advance before it happens. Once the power is drained, only then did it stop working for me until I got new batteries.
Dis-Advantages:
-If your a gamer, you might not like the size of the receiver and the 1'-2' in length of wire.

Notes: Do not let the receiver "droop" down, it could cause problems with the wires leading to the device not being recognized, whereas the mouse will work.

xRyokenx
10-15-2007, 12:23 AM
Nice review dude. If I used mice, I'd look into one of those.

Gen.Omega
10-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Nice review dude. If I used mice, I'd look into one of those.
Thanks.
Still happy with it today. If you get the one with this receiver and the 1'-2' wire be careful with anything pulling on the wires.

xRyokenx
10-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks.
Still happy with it today. If you get the one with this receiver and the 1'-2' wire be careful with anything pulling on the wires.

I'll keep that in mind. 'Round Christmas time I'll have to look at some wireless trackballs and see what I can get, this one I have now doesn't have enough buttons, lol.

Gen.Omega
10-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I'll keep that in mind. 'Round Christmas time I'll have to look at some wireless trackballs and see what I can get, this one I have now doesn't have enough buttons, lol.

I wouldn't mind having one of those USB-Tablets. I have a expensive program that I need to draw in lol. Those are expensive though, I'd rather get a new motherboard for those prices, who knows maybe even RAM with that price tag.

xRyokenx
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
My grandpa got me a tablet... it was like $80 I think for a 3"x5" one... it's a handy little thing and I'm getting quite good with it.

Gen.Omega
10-15-2007, 03:43 PM
My grandpa got me a tablet... it was like $80 I think for a 3"x5" one... it's a handy little thing and I'm getting quite good with it.

Wow. Thats a total deal. Last time I checked they were $200 - $200+

xRyokenx
10-15-2007, 03:48 PM
That's the more expensive ones. Get a Wacom, they're the best from what I know and I love mine. Get a low end one to start with and then if you really do need the other features, upgrade and sell the old one or something.

Gen.Omega
10-16-2007, 12:43 AM
That's the more expensive ones. Get a Wacom, they're the best from what I know and I love mine. Get a low end one to start with and then if you really do need the other features, upgrade and sell the old one or something.

I'll look into it. You should write a review on that then if you have it lol.

xRyokenx
10-16-2007, 11:04 AM
I'll look into it. You should write a review on that then if you have it lol.

I should but probably won't, lol, I'm lazy. We'll see what happens... not much to write about really, it's just a tablet that you draw on and this one works quite well. :F

brightshininglights
10-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow, those things are expensive! I saw one at a pc repair shop a while back in the $10 range and I didn't think anything of it; I don't like using those things. It was an older one that used ps2, though, and it might have been mac only. I should go back and see if it's still there.