PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Trackball and Nostromo SpeedPad

xRyokenx
10-27-2007, 11:26 PM
I was wondering if anybody had either of those and how good they'd be for gaming... I need to replace my current trackball as it's a stupid design and the button sticks, can't get it open without obliterating part of my soul and/or the universe... hurr's summ lahnks:

SpeedPad (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826169003&Tpk=nostromo)

Trackball (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104125)

Thanks in advance.

-Anthony

BerticusPryme
10-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I have a n52 and it rocks. Also another one to look into is the saitek version.It's on xoxide. the saitek version fits my hand alot better as I have really large hands.(size 17 on my ring finger). I highly recomend both

slytherock
10-28-2007, 03:51 AM
I have both.

The Nostromo rock in any application; from gaming (and I'm not really into it) to photoshop, editing and more.

I have use a couple of trackballs in my life. This one is the best. But I can't recommend it for gaming. A mouse is faster for that kind of thing. I'm using mine for my HTPC cause it dont require a desk. I also have one on my editing PC

xRyokenx
10-28-2007, 12:40 PM
I despise mice, I am a lot better with a trackball and this is the third Marble Mouse I have had and they all start getting unresponsive when it comes to clicking... I can't open the damn thing for maintenance either.

Is there another trackball anyone can recommend that'd be decent for gaming?

slytherock
10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
sorry for the confusion: if you're better with a trackball than a mouse, the one you selected is the best... my bad :/

xRyokenx
10-28-2007, 03:51 PM
sorry for the confusion: if you're better with a trackball than a mouse, the one you selected is the best... my bad :/

No problem dude, you were giving your advice. :p

But yeah, I am better with a trackball and actually need to use them instead of a mouse, my forearm will bind up and hurt like hell if I use a mouse for too long. Now to get a job and save up, lol.

NightrainSrt4
10-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I have the nostromo n52.

It is pretty nice. There are a few things that I don't care for though. The orange click button can be pretty hard to press so I don't use it for anything critical. The keys are a little tight I guess would be the word. Not really an issue, Ive just become so used to my eclipse II keyboards keys everything else just feels funny.

It is pretty handy though. Overall I like it. Just haven't used it much i suppose. Mostly because of having to go through all the games that I play and go and make a profile for them and getting the keys all set up. Testing that set up. Revising. Testing, revising. But in the end it is worth it. Ive got it spot on for Team Fortress 2. Just need to go through for all my games and get them the way I like it lol.

Good product especially if you can get it cheap. I got mine for like 14$ Or something when I worked at best buy after discount. Something like that, I forget lol.

The boy 4rm oz
11-04-2007, 05:12 AM
That Nostromo one looks like it would be better suited for gaming, also looks like a gauntlet which is cool lol.

xRyokenx
11-04-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm getting both by the way. :p I love trackballs, and that other one looks like it's better and it has more buttons than what I have (Marble Mouse - four buttons, left click, right click, scroll up, scroll down... and the buttons mess up after a little while).

I'm already thinking of how to map the Nostromo, lol... I should kick more ass with it being easier to use. I'm not sure about World of Warcraft though, I'm getting good with the keyboard for that...

billygoat333
11-05-2007, 01:53 PM
i had an old logitech trackball and loved it... until one of my nephews stole my ball! it was a sad day... then i splurged and got a wireless mouse and keyboard and never looked back.