PDA

View Full Version : Primochill Ice or Fluid XP+ Extreme?

Darth Dad
10-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Does any one have any experience with any of the "Special" coolants. Primochill or Fluid XP for example? I really don't want to have to flush my system on a regular basis.
Anyway lets hear your opinions. (I may not follow them, but I will read them):p

.Maleficus.
10-29-2007, 09:09 PM
I bought Fluid XP+ HP for my system. I haven't used it yet (heh) but I wouldn't use just distilled water if that's what you're asking.

NightrainSrt4
10-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I have Fluid XP+ in my system. Its been in there for a month and a half I suppose, ya. It seems to work well. Haven't had any evaporation, although when you first fill it up watch out, as air bubbles leave it will appear that the volume drops way down, its just bubbles leaving the system.

Its working well for me. A little expensive though. Cost me $35 at Microcenter for a bottle. If you have a loop with more than two blocks and a big res, your prob gonna need a bottle and a half or so as one bottle fills my loop of two blocks, tubing, rad, and swiftech microres.

Nice product though. Dont see any film or anything forming either.

Spawn-Inc
10-30-2007, 01:57 AM
once i take the plunge i will be going with distilled water and a bottle of the hydrx stuff (http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=384&products_id=1955) from swiftech.

The boy 4rm oz
10-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I looked at getting that hydrx stuff, but couldn't find any reviews on it. Thought I should go the safer way and get the pre mixed stuff. I have 2 litres of AlphaCool Tec-Protect UV green sitting next to mat at the moment lol. Expensive stuff, cost me $30AUS per litre.

NightrainSrt4
10-30-2007, 01:06 PM
What I originally had was Swiftech Hydrix but I didn't even get to use it. When it got to me the whole thing had leaked all over the box it came in. There is still some usable left, but i didn't use it because it was green and didn't fit my mod either.

Spawn-Inc
10-30-2007, 05:22 PM
ya thats my only problem with it, its uv green and my theme is black and blue. i only want it because its cheap and from swiftech.

The boy 4rm oz
10-31-2007, 01:35 AM
My theme was black and blue (standard NZXT LEXA) but I thought some UV green plexi accents and coolant would look insane :).