PDA

View Full Version : Ps3

weirdguy
08-15-2005, 06:38 PM
well, there's one on all the other consoles, and I like the PS3 the best, So i had to make one. So, what do you think about the PS3?

toast07
08-15-2005, 10:38 PM
dont like consoles ill i have is a desktop a laptop and a psp<--- and that was a gift

public_eyesore
08-16-2005, 12:20 AM
it think the ps3 might be the link for sli performance, and good prices.

MisterChief
08-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Cell proccesor, 7800GTX performance, Blu-Ray, all for $300? Hell yeah I'll take it! All the better that it comes out '06; according to console history, the later entry usually sells and performs better

public_eyesore
08-16-2005, 08:39 PM
300? you gotta be dreaming people are esitmating around 600

slaveofconvention
08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Funny thing is, for most console owners Price, power, specs etc wont make any difference at all. Most current X-Box owners will get the X-Box 360 if they upgrade, and most PS2 users will get the PS3. Gotta remember consoles generally are aimed at the greater (non-technical) part of the market - it is where the money is after all. Even people new to the console area will probably ask friends, who will probably recommend the next version of whichever one they own already.

Which one comes out on top may well have nothing to do with which is better - eg Intel P4's vastly outsell AMD A64's but test after test shows the A64 is better, especially bang per buck, for the average user. The VHS standard we're all madly dumping in favour of DVD was the winner of an old format war between VHS and Betamax, when Betamax was technically better in every way - VHS won because Hollywood released Buy to Own titles mainly on VHS because the tapes are a tiny bit cheaper - Hollywood makes more money, we get (or got) an inferior product...

Chapel
08-16-2005, 11:55 PM
I think the PS3 will do well but as far as a I know the new X-box is comming out first. And as time has showed us the console that comes out first allways does best. This is ovbious because first get best contracts makes most games yaddayaddayada. But Sony has its advantage becuase its so long running. Ultimatly I dont think it will matter. I think at first games will stratify like they did 4 years ago, were only certian genras are on each console. But eventually they will all melt together like they do currently.

sXenoG
08-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Ummmm i say ps3 is gonna rock. Huge waste of money tho as teh computer is sooo much cooler :P. I estimated the thing comming out for no less then $500 but my friend said that its comming out for 300-350$ at gamestop. He said he asked and i believe him cuz itd totally kill the sales if they were selling for 500$+ each. And somebody brought up the point in a thread similar to this that they are also making money off their game titles and will primarily make their money off of games over time. Which could allow them to cell the console for cheaper just enough to make a couple bux.

public_eyesore
08-17-2005, 01:05 PM
yea, i remember when the ps2 came out they actually sold it for cheaper than it cost to make it, cause people buy games.

weirdguy
08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Well I got bored, and look what I did!
http://w3irdguy7.blogspot.com/2005/08/ps3-actual-size-box.html

public_eyesore
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM
that was so random, are you sure your time couldnt be used better?

Antedos
08-18-2005, 01:02 AM
not that i'm not a fan of sony's playstation.. but i sincerely believe xbox 360 will have the edge on competition, no matter when it's released..

public_eyesore
08-18-2005, 01:36 AM
care to explain?

Pimptimus_Prime
09-15-2005, 02:21 AM
I think the PS3 will do well but as far as a I know the new X-box is comming out first. And as time has showed us the console that comes out first allways does best. This is ovbious because first get best contracts makes most games yaddayaddayada. But Sony has its advantage becuase its so long running. Ultimatly I dont think it will matter. I think at first games will stratify like they did 4 years ago, were only certian genras are on each console. But eventually they will all melt together like they do currently.

Does no one else remember? In the previous generation of consoles, the Saturn came out first... and bombed. Then, in our current generation of consoles, the Dreamcast came out first... and killed Sega's console line forever ! :D

I'm not taking this all too seriously, especially since Sega didn't either. :)

I jest, I miss Sega's console offerings. Also, I would agree that being technically superior doesn't secure a console's success. The Playstation was inferior to the Saturn in almost every respect, but the Saturn was harder to program for due to it's complex and redundant system architecture. Lack of 3rd party support for the platform was the foremost reason for the system's demise.