PDA

View Full Version : I need help fixing some broken parts

Kn1ghtl0rd
08-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey all,

I am in the process of doing a mod that I will be putting up on the work logs as soon as they get the new thread thing fixed. I am using an old case and in the process of removing the front panel I managed to break off the latches that hold the front panel in place. Any ideas on how to remedy this? I am pretty new to modding and I haven't any idea on where to start fixing this problem. Thanks for all you help.

Kn1ghtl0rd

richmandudeus
08-17-2005, 09:50 AM
As far as trying to place those little locks on, if you figure it out let me know how you did it.

On the other hand you can put hinges on one side and a lock on the other so the side pannel is permanently there but has a cool door effect. ;) well that's what i plan to do to my case atleast.

Good luck to yah.

Kn1ghtl0rd
08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
That is an excellent idea! I think that is the route I am going to go. What type of hinges and lock are you using? Just curious.

Thanks for the great idea.

Kn1ghtl0rd

richmandudeus
08-17-2005, 06:16 PM
I've been looking around my local hardware store and also the local door shop and there are a bunch to choose from. I'm going with a hidden look. The ones im looking at have a spring hinge so that the side pannel doesn't have to much free movement and will stay in place. It can be installed inside the case as opposed to outside. As far as the locks... im debating between just a regular spring flush large handle that most cases have or dual flush spring small handles which are hard to find. Sorry if i can't post the link. I saw them at the store and for some reason, didn't write the names down.

Good luck to yah. :)