PDA

View Full Version : subaru backround

noopypoop
11-09-2007, 10:01 PM
im finnally done with my third backround!

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1538/copyofsubarubackroundcotq1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

i didnt really get the selection down pat yet. also i made the hood black instead of carbon fiber, cuz im not good with the real carbon effect yet.

a.Bird
11-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Technicalities:

- The cropping on the tires is a little choppy, otherwise the rest is pretty sharp.
- There's some reddish color in the top left that keeps grabbing my attention, and pulling it away from the main focus of the image.

+ Good work with the black hood, although I do see a hint of blue just under the scoop. Overall it's impressive.
+ The balance of the image is great. I would leave some space in between the logo and the top of the image.
+ The yellow neons are a nice effect, kudos on the creativity.

Other notes:
+Rep for Subies! Keep up the good work noopy!

noopypoop
11-11-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks!

and yea, im not really good at the selection tool.s. the reason the top is good but the bottom isnt was because i use majic eraser for the top(the car was originally on a gradient with grey on top fading into black) so the grey erased beutifully. but if i erase the black part with the magic eraser, it would of erased half of the tires too =(

a.Bird
11-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I can dig it. If you haven't already tried it, something that I sometimes do is zoom in about 200% - 400% and then use the selection tool. The results are smoother (rounder) selections when viewed at 100%. Also, if you're using adobe photoshop, while you're clicking with the polygon selection tool, you can press Backspace on your keyboard to undo the last point where you clicked.

Scotty
11-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Looking better again.

Did you see my reply to your lambo one?

If you want to learn more about selection tools, i have a tutorial HERE (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9622) it will help you, i promise :D

D1337
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Sorry but i tell the truth as it is, the entire car is pretty choppy, you linked to imageshack wrong, forcing people to "right click>view image" Pretty sure the two round things on the hood (dont know what their called) are supposed to be chrome if the hoods black.
The background is rather bland, there light from under the car is eww, and your overusing the reflection technique on logo's (you dont have to always do it...)

De-rep me if you want, but im not going to lie to the kid, if you tell him straight up hopefully he will take notice and become better.

noopypoop
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry but i tell the truth as it is, the entire car is pretty choppy, you linked to imageshack wrong, forcing people to "right click>view image" Pretty sure the two round things on the hood (dont know what their called) are supposed to be chrome if the hoods black.
The background is rather bland, there light from under the car is eww, and your overusing the reflection technique on logo's (you dont have to always do it...)

De-rep me if you want, but im not going to lie to the kid, if you tell him straight up hopefully he will take notice and become better.

hmm, its not linked incorrectly to me. are u using firefox or IE?

also ye i know its choppy. first of all, nobody'd perfect. second this is only my third time using Photoshop, and third i self taught myself. im not takin lessons or anything

D1337
11-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Firefox, make sure you use the link like: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7434/sniperwolftl8.jpg

then add your own image tags, see how your sig when you click on it links to imageshack?

now click on this image

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7434/sniperwolftl8.jpg

doesnt go anywhere.

Scotty
11-12-2007, 03:13 AM
tbh its not the greatest but he has improved over the last 3 images. If he gets to grips with selection tools it will get better. No one can be perfect first time. He is practising and thats good

.Maleficus.
11-12-2007, 10:41 PM
My thoughts:

1. It is really choppy. I think you just rushed it. A really good and easy way to get nice renders is go around the entire thing with the eraser, using different sizes for different areas (if it is on a weird background). Then, you'll have a good guide for the rest of it.

2. I really think the hood should have stayed blue. Just MHO.

3. License plate looks awkward.

You seem to like the reflections a lot. In the next piece you do, don't use any. See what you can come up with without the use of reflections. And, the background is very bland.

Keep it up, and don't hesitate to post more.

noopypoop
11-12-2007, 11:01 PM
My thoughts:

1. It is really choppy. I think you just rushed it. A really good and easy way to get nice renders is go around the entire thing with the eraser, using different sizes for different areas (if it is on a weird background). Then, you'll have a good guide for the rest of it.

2. I really think the hood should have stayed blue. Just MHO.

3. License plate looks awkward.

You seem to like the reflections a lot. In the next piece you do, don't use any. See what you can come up with without the use of reflections. And, the background is very bland.

Keep it up, and don't hesitate to post more.

lol i didnt realize the licence plate till now. mustof been erase when i used the magic eraser. Dam u same colored pixels!

noopypoop
11-12-2007, 11:02 PM
also guys, i love this feedback, keep it coming it helps me improve:)

Greco101
11-13-2007, 04:43 AM
A WRX with Flintstones wheels haha.

Omega
11-13-2007, 12:24 PM
If you want some bitchin' tuts look for photoshopedup.com and digimods.co.uk, they've got good tutorials.

Also, I've got some chops of my own up on omega-kun.deviantart.com, if you've got questions go ahead and shoot me a pm or something.

I can't see the image, but that's only because I'm on my school network and they block photobucket and stuff. =/

calumc
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Days until WRC Rally Ireland: 2.
Days until I meet some of the Subaru World Team: 1

You guys just wait for some great pics of cars goin sidewards from me and then you can photoshop until your hearts are content!

Omega
11-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Days until WRC Rally Ireland: 2.
Days until I meet some of the Subaru World Team: 1

You guys just wait for some great pics of cars goin sidewards from me and then you can photoshop until your hearts are content!

;askdf;laksjdr

YES

PLEASE

Also: Noopy:

I just saw the image.

Make smoother selections. for wheels and whatnot. They're really choppy.

noopypoop
11-13-2007, 08:57 PM
;askdf;laksjdr

YES

PLEASE

Also: Noopy:

I just saw the image.

Make smoother selections. for wheels and whatnot. They're really choppy.

yea i know. also guys if u had seen the original pic u woulda seen one of the technicalitys. theres mudflaps on the original, and i didnt like em

Greco101
11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Noopy,

typically, you can use the magic wand tool to get rid of large chunks, especially with non-photo pictures which is what that photo seems to be. Those types of pictures are also best for color editing like what you've done with the hood.

For the hood, I would have selected the hood with the magic wand then made another layer, (ctrl alt shift N) then filled it the blank selection with black then set that layer to "COLOR" or possibly another setting... sometimes you just gotta play around with them.

Also, you made part of the fender carbon fiber/fiberglass... I'm not sure the look you were going for. You also forgot to go back and erase the parts of the layer that covered the parts that shouldn't have been changed like the hood clips. do this also with the selection tool. -- click on the car layer -- select hood clips -- go to the color overlay layer -- press backspace.