PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Router WEP pass

killergamer
11-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok so my friend has a laptop and it has wireless and a ps3 but his father lost the paper that tells his WEP code so he can get on with his PS3 and his father wont get the paper for him. So is there anyway i can get the WEP code from his laptop so it can access the internet with PS3? (MUST BE FREE!) and are both IPs the same or different?

Omega
11-12-2007, 06:32 PM
What model of router is it?

Scotty
11-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Usually on one of the PCs connected to the router just go into a browser and go to 192.168.1.1
192.168.2.1 or something along those lines, login (usually defaukt like
User = *blank*
Pass = Admin

The from there into wireless security and there you go.

OvRiDe
11-12-2007, 08:42 PM
This might work.. Removed until better explanation can be provided why Dad won't give the key up. :D

Its mainly aimed at those keys stored by the Wireless Zero Configuration service, but it still may work for you as well.

Luke122
11-12-2007, 08:48 PM
As usual, I'll be the killjoy around here.

This information is not to be used for accessing someone elses information without their permission.

Easiest method is honestly to reset the router and just redo the security settings. Then you can keep proper track of the WEP key, etc.

Chances are that the WEP key isnt being handed out to restrict access. :)

OvRiDe
11-12-2007, 09:02 PM
As usual, I'll be the killjoy around here.

This information is not to be used for accessing someone elses information without their permission.

Easiest method is honestly to reset the router and just redo the security settings. Then you can keep proper track of the WEP key, etc.

Chances are that the WEP key isnt being handed out to restrict access. :)

Hmm.. I guess I should have read the post more carefully..

Ok so my friend has a laptop and it has wireless and a ps3 but his father lost the paper that tells his WEP code

Understood the lost WEP key, had several people come to me with that legitimate issue.

and his father wont get the paper for him.

??? How can he get the paper for him if, his father lost it!?!? :rolleyes:

killergamer
11-12-2007, 09:32 PM
from the company becuase they came out and set up the router

Luke122
11-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Well in that case, they definitely changed the password AND have special settings setup in there too, so resetting the router is not a good idea.

I would ask his dad again for the WEP key, since that's the only way to get in there without affecting the settings.

killergamer
11-12-2007, 11:26 PM
thank you Luke. I"m afraid i will screw it up and so he is going to keep begging his father

crenn
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
There are some tools you can find to get the key, however I can't mention them here.

Scotty
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
When i lost mine, and password, resetting doesn't always work, well not on my old one no matter what.

Those tools Crenn said about hardly work either. Well from my experience, no i'm not a hacker.

calumc
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
They do work, just take a bit of time. Time is less if it's a really busy network.

simon275
11-13-2007, 10:38 PM
They do work, just take a bit of time. Time is less if it's a really busy network.

Well we may do hardware hacking around here I don't believe hacking of this sort is allowed to be discussed as it can be used for illegal purposes.

Please refer to the rules.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7312

Please try and get in contact with the company that set up your router for you. They should be able to fix the problem for you.

killergamer
11-13-2007, 11:15 PM
simon275 I have got the things i need. Please shut down this thread. And Please don"t think I am using in any mulches ways to harm people.