PDA

View Full Version : Modders Challenge #4

jdbnsn
11-15-2007, 06:06 PM
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/MC_logo.jpg
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/haloposteredit%2520copy.png

TBCS Modder’s Challenge #4

As Master Chief you've crushed the Covenant Forces on Earth and in far away lands sending shudders down their squishy spines....the calluses on your thumbs reveal your valor. In online multiplayer combat, your mastery of the S2 AM Sniper Rifle and a few skillfully thrown plasma grenades have ended friendships with the footprint of scorched soil. You've pumped round after round with precision and unmistakable purpose into your enemies, as they fell one after the other. But as a seasoned warrior, you know all to well that there is always another battle over the horizon, and this horizon shall prove no more merciful. Unfortunately for you, the nemesis awaiting your battle-cry today is no mere grunt armed with a needle-gun, but a group of minds, the minds of some of the finest modders alive and they are armed with ideas. Your skill, your strategy, your goal, and your defiance to kneel before your rivals are what make you the Master Chief and the Master of your will. The question you are now facing Master Chief, is do you have what it takes to be THE Master......chief? And this is our question to you. Do you have what it takes to define your limits and reveal your competitive nature in an all out Halo-themed case mod design war? Time to stand your ground, confront your foes, leave them writhing in humiliation, trembling at the superiority of your Halo mod. The gloves are off, civility is but a distant memory, you stand wielding only your ingenuity with one clear goal, you must design (but not necessarily build) the greatest case mod these old forums have ever seen. So it is in this dawn of a new day for TBCS, that we challenge you to compete in the TBCS Modder's Challenge #4 Project: Halo3 PC. Aside from the beaming sense of satisfaction you'll feel while looking down from the hilltop at your decimated foes, there are also material rewards for your honour in service.

The Prizes

• $250 cash from Paul "Crimson Sky" Capello

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/cash.jpg

• Danger Den 4101 Complete Water-Cooling Kit

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/DDFINAL.png

• Halo3 for the Xbox 360

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/halo%20game.jpg

• Microsoft Coffee Mug (Large) Trend Coffee Mug (Small), Webroot Spysweeper, Provided by
Acrodex

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/sweeper.jpg

• PNY nVidia Quadro NVS285 128mb pcie x16 card

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/pnycard.jpg

• Intel Water bottle, Beuatiful Intel thermal coffee cup, Giftcor Collection bottle opener, Intel blue net bag, Velocity Micro hat, Intel t-shirt, Velocity Micro ice scraper, and an AMD mouse pad. Provided by Velocity Micro.

The Rules
1. Entries will be accepted by registered TBCS members only.
2. Entries must be submitted by December 27, 2007 at 11:59 GMT
3. Entries may be produced using any medium desired (B&W/color sketch, description, 2D/3D graphic illustration, animation, photographed model, mashed potato sculpture, etc…)
4. Project may be a team effort, but prizes will be awarded only to submitting member.
5. Members may not submit incomplete projects to staff for input during contest.
6. Members may post designs in the forums if so desired.
7. There are no limitations to cost of building materials or resources.
8. Judging will be done by a chosen panel of TBCS staff.
9. Challenge is open to TBCS members worldwide.
10. Design must be a feasible, functioning PC.
11. All components and materials must be commercially available.
12. Design components may include elements from any or all versions from the Halo video game series.
13. Multiple entries are allowed.

Scoring System
-Overall aesthetic appeal [20]
-Congruency with Halo theme [20]
-Unique hardware arrangement [10]
-creative implementation of water cooling kit [20]
-Quality of presentation [20]
-Incorporation of TBCS tribute [10]

For a grand total of 100 points

Submit your entries to jdbnsn@thebestcasescenario.com

So now you must ask yourself, do you have what it takes?

And now for a big thanks for all of our generous sponsors!

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/dangerden.png (http://www.dangerden.com/store/)

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/acrodex.png (http://www.acrodex.com/)

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/MCE_Logo.png (http://www.mce.com/)

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/jdbnsn/modderschallenge4/VM.png (http://www.velocitymicro.com/)

FrooP
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
i think im gonna go for it :)

XcOM
11-15-2007, 06:42 PM
good luck to all

tinker
11-15-2007, 07:40 PM
Yea.
I like it.
If I have enough time I will definitely give it a try.

Scotty
11-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Just have ago, you never know you could just win it all.

Good luck to all who enter, i/we look forward to your entries, there is always something outstanding.

crenn
11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
Hmmm.....

*starts drawing up plans*

cured
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
HOLY CRAP! You get all that and get to keep the PC?

Wow the prize givers are awsome :P

SgtM
11-15-2007, 10:38 PM
HOLY CRAP! You get all that and get to keep the PC?

Wow the prize givers are awsome :P

Well, that's the beauty of the modders challenges. You don't actually have to do the build. Sketchup models, photoshop drawings, pencil and paper. That's all we ask. I will admit though, that I do hope we see at least one work log come out of this challenge. I have yet to see a Halo themed mod other than the airbrushed 360.

D1337
11-16-2007, 12:08 AM
wow, at first i was like fck halo 3. then after reading the pirzes i literally said "woah woah woah woah.." XD

If i can actually get off my lazy ass and stop being a case model of someone with A.D.D ill definatly try to do something.

Zephik
11-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Wow, this is great! This Modders Challenge Theme and the prizes are awesome! I instantly had some ideas pop into my head when I saw that it was going to be a Halo3 Theme, and I don't even like Halo all that much! Just goes to show you how well Halo is marketed I guess. lol

But wow, talk about some very generous prizes! Are they all of the same prize or will they be handed out in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place type deal?

Damn thats a lot of prizes though, thats like winning the lotto, but for modders!

I think I'm definitely going to have to at least try and draw something up. Maybe a few sketches or something, see if I have anything good rolling around up there in that dust attic of mine. Damn those prizes are great, I just can't get over it! lol

D1337
11-16-2007, 12:30 AM
Design components may include elements from any or all versions from the Halo video game series.

so technically it could be comprised completely of halo2?

Killdrath
11-16-2007, 02:39 AM
So many ideas, so little money.... (and ZERO sketchup skillz)

xRyokenx
11-16-2007, 03:00 AM
I think I might actually make something for this one... as in make a design. Time to brush up on sketching because I'm gonna have to get crackin', lol. *Goes off to think... tomorrow. 2am is too late.*

.Maleficus.
11-16-2007, 08:11 AM
If I can still enter in this (I hope... :D) I may just do it and actually build it. This is going to be awesome, and after checking out rendermandan's Motorized Madness, I want to get kitbashing! And airbrushing! I'm not a HUGE fan of Halo (it's fun, don't get me wrong) but this just sounds awesome.

SgtM
11-16-2007, 08:18 AM
But wow, talk about some very generous prizes! Are they all of the same prize or will they be handed out in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place type deal?

Whoever wins gets the whole kit and kaboodle.

so technically it could be comprised completely of halo2?

Yes.

jdbnsn
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
So many ideas, so little money.... (and ZERO sketchup skillz)

It shouldn't cost you a thing. sketch it on a piece of paper and it's a valid submission. If you want to pretty it up fand a friend with some photoshop skills and split the cash prize with him/her if you win. Lots of ways to make it happen so no excuses :)

If I can still enter in this (I hope... ) I may just do it and actually build it.

No staff are elidgable to win, period. However, you are welcome to submit an entry and by all means build the mod. You just can't win the contest.

jdbnsn
11-16-2007, 10:23 AM
If you are going to use elements entirely based off of earlier versions of halo that is perfectly fine. But if that is the case, you may want to just work in a little logo of Halo3 somewhere just so you can call it a Halo3 mod ;)

tinker
11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Yea. most of the basics are continued through all of them. The graphics just improved a lot in between the releases and I guess different guns.

Greco101
11-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, I was looking for some ideas and came across a familiar PC... look a few posts down (http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=18&t=4544)

:oP

FrooP
11-16-2007, 03:05 PM
*got a beta design in sketchup here*

MWHAHAHAHA :D

a.Bird
11-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Good luck to everyone!

Helix666
11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
/me grabs his pencil and paper, cracks his knuckles, winces in pain and sets off designing.

Well, I may as well join in one of these challenges...

Aero
11-16-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm so sad that I can't enter this one :*(

Good luck to all. I hope to see some very nice designs come out of this. Halo doesn't exactly leave you short on inspiration!

Luke122
11-16-2007, 05:22 PM
With a prize list like that, I find it hard to believe that more people arent jumping all over this!

Hell, I would if I could. :D

Scotty
11-16-2007, 05:46 PM
If i could enter i would have already.

.Maleficus.
11-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Aw man....

I completely agree Luke. I mean, it's not like you lose anything from entering. Only gain!

Zephik
11-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Aw man....

I completely agree Luke. I mean, it's not like you lose anything from entering. Only gain!

Well, you could always lose your dignity. ;) :p

Heh, I think I'm going to find a friend who can draw well or who is good with 3D modeling or photoshop. My concept drawing is terrifyingly hideous! lol

jdbnsn
11-17-2007, 12:21 AM
Keep in mind fellas, most people who enter won't post here saying "I'm entering". We get lots of the entries within the last week usually.

Drum Thumper
11-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Lets just say I've got an idea. A major ass kissing idea at that.:p

p0Pe
11-17-2007, 07:40 AM
this is gonna turn out nice!:D.. with thoose prices, its gonna be a battle royal:D

NightrainSrt4
11-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I really want to enter this one, to get more into the community, but if I do this I have to get over criticizing myself. The night the site launched I got motivated and drew a picture of the Master Chief at a desk on the computer with the TBCS logo reflecting off his visor. The girlfriend thought it was wicked cool, but like always I didn't think it looked right and ripped it up and threw it away. Needless to say she was unhappy with me. If I can get over my own criticism I will go for this one, unlike the last one that I did the same thing to. Im def my own worst enemy.

jdbnsn
11-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Awww...I would have loved to see that pic! I certainly hope you enter, maybe we need to hire you an anti-editor to restrain you when you go after your own work.

Scotty
11-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I really want to enter this one, to get more into the community, but if I do this I have to get over criticizing myself. The night the site launched I got motivated and drew a picture of the Master Chief at a desk on the computer with the TBCS logo reflecting off his visor. The girlfriend thought it was wicked cool, but like always I didn't think it looked right and ripped it up and threw it away. Needless to say she was unhappy with me. If I can get over my own criticism I will go for this one, unlike the last one that I did the same thing to. Im def my own worst enemy.

Don't ever rip up or bin work. Leave it somewhere, come back to it a day later, it will look different, rotate it, look at it in the mirror and you will see things you never saw before, they can be good or bad, but always look for the positive.

In the words of Marko Djurdjevic (Marvel comic artist/Concept artist)

To often we hinder ourselves in our creative process because we're afraid of the outcome. But who's to judge us for what we do? The paper? The art police? Confidence in every decision is what makes art become relevant. ~ Rules only apply if you let them dominate your work. A free mind can achive anything and whatever others may think of your work, it doesn't matter. As long as you enjoy what you're doing.
Don't let questions hinder your process make them become process.
Every line you put down on a sheet of paper is a question - "Where am i going?" If you let the answer scare you you'll never find out. But if you enable yourself to become part of the journey, art becomes easy and fear can be forgotten. ~ Denial will lead you nowhere

It's inspiring, well to me it was. After reading that it made me think very differently about what i do now, and the end result.

XcOM
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
i would enter just for the microsoft mug! serious, that all i want really, got a linux mug, odered a FREE-BSD mug, all im missing in M$

Zephik
11-18-2007, 05:51 AM
i would enter just for the microsoft mug! serious, that all i want really, got a linux mug, odered a FREE-BSD mug, all im missing in M$

Okay, I'll tell you what. I'll make you a deal. If you win, you can have the mug and I'll take everything else. Sound good? :p;)

XcOM
11-18-2007, 02:42 PM
yea, but i can't enter

Luke122
11-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Xcom, you are breaking my heart. I'll give you my M$ mug if you want. :)

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/lukifer122/Image024.jpg

The mug in the prize pack is exactly the same!

Chev86
11-18-2007, 03:05 PM
well count me in oh and nice site designe

Bopher
11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Ahh, so many ideas, gotta focus on one. But if I focus I lose them NOO! ok gotta work on it some more. Maybe if I can hold on to an idea for all of 2 seconds I'll submit one.

jdbnsn
11-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Addendum to the rules:

Multiple entries by the same individual members are allowed ;)

just in case you have lots of different inspirations.

NightrainSrt4
11-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the inspiration guys. I just found some drawing of a 350z from like 2 years ago I tried to rip out of the pad but the girlfriend stopped me and hid the drawing pad lol. Now that I look at it, I have no clue what I thought was crappy. Lmao

Perhaps I shall get an entry into this competition afterall.

moon111
11-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Mashed potato sculpture? Multiple entries are allowed?

That's allot of potatos I'll be eating for the next month and a half!

Airbozo
11-19-2007, 12:49 PM

We are our own worst critics...

Sometimes you just have to say: "This is not the best I think I can do, but it ROCKS!".

brinkz0r
11-19-2007, 01:21 PM
We've got more than a month, it must be possible to design something :) Only thing is, I've never played or read something about Halo, so I guess I have some catching op to do :rolleyes:

SgtM
11-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Here's something to help you out brinkz0r..
www.halo3.com
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS233US233&q=halo

brinkz0r
11-20-2007, 03:36 AM
Here's something to help you out brinkz0r..
www.halo3.com
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS233US233&q=halo

LOL, I found my way to google aready, but thanks anyway ;)

eaglestrike7339
11-20-2007, 07:31 PM
oooh, sounds fun. quick questions though....what is meant by the categories unique hardware configuration and creative implementation of a water cooling kit?
also, do we have to put hardware in the case for sketchup? or can we just tell you?
... it can be a bitch to line things up sometimes....

jdbnsn
11-20-2007, 08:14 PM
well, for the first one we have the concept in mind of the standard layout of hardware. Vertically mounted motherboard with the PSU above and to the rear, hard drives at the front with the opticals, same as 99.9% of computers in the world. By unique, we just mean try to put things in a different arragnement (obviously you have to have some things the same such as pci slots and such, but arranging other stuff leads to lots of possibilities). Same goes for the watercooling kit, try to work it into the design so that it doesn't look like every other watercooling set up.
You can just tell us if you prefer, but keep in mind that it won't score as high as if you show us. And remember that one of the rules is that it must be a functionable design. If it's set up in such a way that it wouldn't work, it won't win.

D1337
11-20-2007, 09:52 PM
can we make something workable, but not recommended? for an example, the watercooling has super large and wide tubing, obviously you wouldnt want to do that in reallife if your striving for cooling, but if it still works, can we do it for aesthetics?

jdbnsn
11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Sure, as long as it would work that's fine.

TheGreatSatan
11-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Had i known anything about Halo I'd enter.

jdbnsn
11-21-2007, 06:17 PM
You have plenty of time to learn, pick a copy of one of the old versions and play a little and you'll know enough to enter. C'mon, you are the TGS whose generosity has sponsored many sucessful contests here. You of all people should enter as it would be great to see you win something back.

IndyRacer27
11-23-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm in!

I've been waiting for another modder's challenge. I spend way more time brainstorming/designing than actually building anything. I've been a member for a while, but lurked in anonymity for much longer. Time to finally get involved.

jdbnsn
11-23-2007, 03:30 AM
Sweet! Welcome to the clan and good luck with the challenge, the hard work will pay off in this one!

Jon

SgtM
11-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Glad to hear it IndyRacer. Welcome to the addiction! Best of luck.

Crimson Sky
11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Had i known anything about Halo I'd enter.

wow what a cop out...i'm sure with 10 minutes of research you could come up with something. Yeesh.

I played Doom like 3 times since 1995 before I built the mod ;)

Zephik
11-25-2007, 05:18 AM
wow what a cop out...i'm sure with 10 minutes of research you could come up with something. Yeesh.

I played Doom like 3 times since 1995 before I built the mod ;)

I've never played Halo3 and I've only played Halo2 once. I beat Halo with my cousin when it first came out though.

That said, I'm still entering AND I think I have a pretty good idea. I have no skills in... just about anything. But I'm still entering, if only because I think my idea is cool. ...and its from halo3 too apparently, gotta love the google.

I better decide what my medium is going to be though. I can't decide on whether it should be hand drawn (which I suck at) or sketchup (which I suck even more at). The clock is ticking! :insert frantic and I have no skills smiley here:

D1337
11-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I've never played Halo3 and I've only played Halo2 once. I beat Halo with my cousin when it first came out though.

That said, I'm still entering AND I think I have a pretty good idea. I have no skills in... just about anything. But I'm still entering, if only because I think my idea is cool. ...and its from halo3 too apparently, gotta love the google.

I better decide what my medium is going to be though. I can't decide on whether it should be hand drawn (which I suck at) or sketchup (which I suck even more at). The clock is ticking! :insert frantic and I have no skills smiley here:

yeah i know, it sucks to not have any artistic skills to express your idea's =/
lucky ass Asians..

Scotty
11-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Asians?

Write a load of stuff next to your drawings no matter how bad they seem that can always help and push it in your favor, especially if it's well describe and gives us a mental image.

FrooP
11-25-2007, 04:10 PM
...my sketch is cool but my english sucks.. so is there a need to describe like:

this one is a complete mdf, alu scratchbuilt with 54 LEDS attached there there and there, blablabla..im mean.. when i need to write a 3 pagers i need to finish my sketch and get on writing :dead:

Scotty
11-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Sounds good to me, So the way i see it it looks like a Christmas tree?

jdbnsn
11-26-2007, 02:17 PM
...my sketch is cool but my english sucks.. so is there a need to describe like:

this one is a complete mdf, alu scratchbuilt with 54 LEDS attached there there and there, blablabla..im mean.. when i need to write a 3 pagers i need to finish my sketch and get on writing :dead:

You should do your best to describe each and every aspect of your design, if we just see diagrams of things we can't understand full it will hurt your score. You will not however lose points for poor english or any language barrier problems. Describe everything you can and if we cannot understand your english, we can always ask you while judging to explain differently, but we won't ask for explainations that are not there.

jdbnsn
11-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Also for those of you without rendering skills. It is within the rules to submit multiple entries and work as teams as long as you are aware that only the top entry will be awarded the prizes. So you cuold get a friend to render your design for you and split the loot or whatever.

-Jon

D1337
11-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Can we submit multiple pictures (cause i cant do 3d for the life of me) that may vary, but use the same text. ughhh that came out confusing.

-second attempt-
Can we use several concept pictures that may differ in design without having to write up an entire new summary of whats going on?

Ps. i already have my idea but i desperately want to see other peoples so i can scale up my competition D:

FrooP
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
i desperately want to see other peoples so i can scale up my competition D:

i dont think some1 will show his design before the comp ends ;)

jdbnsn
11-26-2007, 09:24 PM
-second attempt-
Can we use several concept pictures that may differ in design without having to write up an entire new summary of whats going on?

Each submission should be an entire design of one mod, not a series of variations of a concept. That being said, if you want to submit multiple entries varying only slightly, just copy the bulk of your written description and edit the parts that are different.

Zephik
11-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Quick question, will we lose points if the model is not to exact scale but looks to scale? I'm pretty far into my sketchup and I just realized that I wasn't drawing to exact scale, but it does look to scale. Not the model itself, obviously, since if you were doing the Scorpion tank to exact scale it would be huge, improbable and unrealistic for a pc, but like the components and cd trays and all that stuff. Technically, if you go by my sketchup measurements, my cd tray is about a foot wide and the model itself is bigger than a human. /major brain fart

Btw, I will include what the exact measurements would be in my description. To give you a general idea of what the actual size would be. So is that okay? or would I get more points if I started all over? :?

Well then again, I just thought of something. For someone who is drawing on paper, they can only include measurements in their description, unless they draw on a big poster board, which then they wouldn't be able to scan it. So I'm okay right?

jdbnsn
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Actually, I don't think you should worry about scale. We will be able to see what the rough scale will be based on certain components (e.g. if your mother board is 3px long on a 400px image, we'll guess it's pretty big). Size isn't important (at least in this competition ;) ) but I would be sure that your proportions look accurate, you wouldn't want your hard drive to be twice the size of your PSU. Make sense?

-Jon

FrooP
11-27-2007, 04:22 PM
can we gain any extra points for making right measurements?
*puppy eyes* ;)
another thing.. im doing a sketchup model, we shall send you this per email.. shall we send you the .skp only or some screenshots also?

jdbnsn
11-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Nope, there is no category for size compliance in the scoring system. But again, proportions are important. Yes, when you submit your entries you can send sketchup models and pics.

Fuganater
11-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't know if anyone asked it so I will. Does it have to be Halo themed? I see it is part of the points but is that a must? I would like to enter but not if it has to be Halo themed

jdbnsn
11-27-2007, 07:10 PM
I don't know if anyone asked it so I will. Does it have to be Halo themed? I see it is part of the points but is that a must? I would like to enter but not if it has to be Halo themed

Lol, yes it has to be Halo themed. The scoring system takes into account how well the mod appears to fit with the Halo environment. For example, a nicely done mod that doesn't look anything like a Halo themed mod, but has a Halo3 sticker on the side would get a very low score in this category.

Zephik
11-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Phew, so glad that I don't have to re-sketch this thing. I've already spent a good couple hours into it and I think I might of popped at least a few brain cells trying to get it to work right. Sometimes, just sometimes, I want to grab Sketchup by the neck and strangle the living heck out of it like in the Simpsons. lol

Lol, yes it has to be Halo themed. The scoring system takes into account how well the mod appears to fit with the Halo environment. For example, a nicely done mod that doesn't look anything like a Halo themed mod, but has a Halo3 sticker on the side would get a very low score in this category.

Ah bugger! Now I have to start all over again! ;)

jdbnsn
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I feel ya dogg, I downloaded sketchup way back when and jumped in with that "how hard can it be?" attitude....haven't touched it since. Not within my abilities apparently.

Fuganater
11-28-2007, 07:49 AM
:(

SgtM
11-28-2007, 08:42 AM
No worries Fug.. there will be other challenges. Save your work. You never know what's coming up next.

Zephik
11-28-2007, 10:24 AM
No worries Fug.. there will be other challenges. Save your work. You never know what's coming up next.

As sure as the moon sets at dusk and sun rises for the morning, there will always be another Modders Challenge. The day the moon fails to set and sun fail to rise, then and only then, shall the modders challenge cease to exist.

Then again, a meteor could come crashing down to earth and wipe out the TBCS server. Yep, I reckon that'd just about do it. :p

Fuganater
11-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Then again, a meteor could come crashing down to earth and wipe out the TBCS server. Yep, I reckon that'd just about do it. :p

lol

Nick_Black
11-28-2007, 08:34 PM
ok, one qoestion... HOW do we enter?
should I just start a new thread and post the link to it here? or PM you the link?
E-mail you the whole "work log"

or any one of the abouve?
or something completly difrent?

jdbnsn
11-29-2007, 12:00 AM
send your entry to the email address highlighted in red on the first post. PM me if you have any difficulties. You shouldn't, I have already gotten some entries.

Nick_Black
11-29-2007, 12:08 AM
ok, thxs, and are we alloud to make a worklog on it? or would you prefer us not too?

jdbnsn
11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Making a worklog would be awesome, I'd love to see one of these built. Plus, if your design is superior you could get the competition shaking in their boots.

Indybird
11-29-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm finishing up my design. Currently its on paper, but I'm going to scan, colorize and texture it. I've got a few questions though:

1) Where do I submit my entry?
2) Does the setup need to include parts (CPU, RAM, MOBO, etc)?
3) Can it simply be a "Halo" themed case (instead of just Halo3) ?

Anyway, if I win or not, I think some of you will like my design: its turning out pretty nice. After I post it for the contest, I would be honored for someone on here to go through with my design plans. It won't require any amazing modding skill or too much cash.

Happy modding!

-Indybird

jdbnsn
11-29-2007, 02:27 AM
As for #'s 1 & 3, read the first post and rules.

#2) you don't need to focus much one computer components so much as you show us that they are there and feasibly placed. I don't give a crap about model's or specs, just be sure we can tell they are there.

Airbozo
11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
.....Then again, a meteor could come crashing down to earth and wipe out the TBCS server. Yep, I reckon that'd just about do it. :p

Modder's Challenge METEOR STRIKE!

I like it!

noopypoop
11-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Well if Xbox 360's count you guys entering might want to make sure this guy find out about this!

http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/09/24/the-sickest-halo-3-case-mod-youll-see-all-week/

that was built before the game even came out!

SgtM
12-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Well if Xbox 360's count you guys entering might want to make sure this guy find out about this!

http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/09/24/the-sickest-halo-3-case-mod-youll-see-all-week/

that was built before the game even came out!

Nice find dude. +rep

jdbnsn
12-02-2007, 09:33 PM
We really hadn't considered xbox mods, to be honest it never occured to me. My first reaction would be no, only PC's. But first off, it's really not my decision alone as this has been a team effort. But after thinking about it I suppose there really isn't any reason why an xbox mod wouldn't qualify as long as it fit the rules. I'll tell you this though, even though that Halo Xbox looks pretty cool, if the designs that result from this challenge are even close to consistent with past challenges that xbox doesn't stand a chance. Go back and look at some of the designs these guys have come up with, purely awesome.

SgtM
12-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Just a reminder. Today is December 9th. All entries need to be submitted by the 27th.

Commando
12-10-2007, 01:13 AM
Hmmmmmmmm........

Zephik
12-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Dang, I really need to get on this project. I keep slacking off so much. Damn WoW, its taking over my life! ...and a chance at a huge pay load of prizes! This is like the nuclear bomb of the prize world. lol

Hmmmmmmmm........

Hmmmmmmmm? What does that mean!?

ah crap, well I'm out. If Commando is going to come into this competition with some amazing paint job, then I certainly don't have a chance...

:p;):)

p0Pe
12-10-2007, 04:18 AM
yeah... and with 7 hours of brainstorming i now have a design too:D is there a second place prize?... wouldnt want the loosers to get crying there would we:D (lol)

hope to see the COOLEST halo mods ever!
GL ALL :)

FrooP
12-10-2007, 12:22 PM
*does a breath sound*
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... :think::think:

Helix666
12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
yipes... not long left.
I'd better stop doing homework, and start^H^H^H^H^Hput some finishing touches on my design. ;)

FrooP
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
question:

do we need to send our real name,zip code and all that stuff with the modeldescription?

jdbnsn
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM
lol, well no. You don't have to send any personal info with your entry. But if you win it may be kinda of handy to help get the prizes. You get leave it out until the winner is declared if you want though.

FrooP
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
ah ok *leaves to continue the description*

SgtM
12-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Scotty
12-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Same i really hope for some mind blowing ideas, then hopefully you'll all start mods of them *hint*

Zephik
12-14-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm dropping out. While working on my model, something weird happened with it that I couldn't reverse or fix it for some reason and It just kept getting worse from there. I ended up with only a fraction of my work after trying to "fix" whatever was happening, I really don't know what it was. I tried exiting out, then getting back in, but wouldn't you know it, I had somehow saved the error. I just don't know what the hell happened. I tried everything but everything I did seemed to either make it worse or it fixed the error, but then gave me another one in another location. I eventually gave up trying to fix the error and just decided to erase the problem areas and remake them. Hey, well look at that, erasing them just makes more of them in other areas. Gah!

So I'm done, I quit. There was so much work lost and so little to work with when I was done with it all, I just decided to erase the entire file. So yea, screw you to either sketchup or my pc. It was probably a mixture of both.

Btw, I only seem somewhat calm right now because I gave my computer a pretty good kick. Which did two things; hurt my foot and turn off my pc. Nothing like a mixture of pain and the thought of "oh crap, thats not good" to calm you down. lol

noopypoop
12-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm dropping out. While working on my model, something weird happened with it that I couldn't reverse or fix it for some reason and It just kept getting worse from there. I ended up with only a fraction of my work after trying to "fix" whatever was happening, I really don't know what it was. I tried exiting out, then getting back in, but wouldn't you know it, I had somehow saved the error. I just don't know what the hell happened. I tried everything but everything I did seemed to either make it worse or it fixed the error, but then gave me another one in another location. I eventually gave up trying to fix the error and just decided to erase the problem areas and remake them. Hey, well look at that, erasing them just makes more of them in other areas. Gah!

So I'm done, I quit. There was so much work lost and so little to work with when I was done with it all, I just decided to erase the entire file. So yea, screw you to either sketchup or my pc. It was probably a mixture of both.

Btw, I only seem somewhat calm right now because I gave my computer a pretty good kick. Which did two things; hurt my foot and turn off my pc. Nothing like a mixture of pain and the thought of "oh crap, thats not good" to calm you down. lol

What program were you using?

NightrainSrt4
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Zeph, I hear ya man. I am in pretty much the same boat unless I can pull something out of my ass. The design was a sick one too. I spent hours searching through how to videos for the perfect scene. Waiting an hour plus for high def vids to stream so I could get all the details.

But I screwed up my cpu and it came back to haunt me. Working in Sketchup, the cpu hung and I lost like 3 hours of work. The other day went to remake it, this time in Blender, spent around 7 hours. Got it all done, but the cpu keeps failing on certain threads or something, because I will save and it will be there saved, but then I quit and reopen and it is gone,least thats what happened. Half way through rendering the image in blender the cpu must have freaked and the pc blue screened. Not only did i not get the render saved in time, my save file was freaking corrupted or whatever happened. So argghhhh. I should have known though, I know the cpu's screwed and yet I kept working on this computer, because I knew renders would take forever on my others.

Ill tell you guys my design though, because unless I can pull something outa my arse it probably isn't going to become digital again, and architechural drawings aren't my forte, im more of a 2d sketch guy, which simply doesn't do the design justice.

The Way The World Ends

Xbox360, pc, and 17" lcd integrated into one case. 2 waterloops. The case was shaped like an "L" with the 360 in the base, and the screen and pc in the vertical section. The case was designed like the last stage. With the portion of the base that stuck out designed like the red floors from the last stage, with some broken where you could see in and see the 360 hardware. at the point where the floor hits where the screen was it had a jump like the last jump onto the ship. The screen was designed to look like the dropships cargo bay. with the case designed to look like the ship. The inside of the case was themed like the few images from the inside of the ship you get from the multiple games.

The thing that took the longest and the one I regret the most not making its own file and saving it separate was my render/3d design of the warthog. It was climbing up the side of base portion heading towards the jump. It was pretty cool looking to say the least. I only wish I had made each component a separate file instead of just one big file with everything in it.

Maybe I can find another way to convey the design, if not, then good luck to all entrants. I can't wait to see what others design.

SgtM
12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
+ rep to both of you for trying.

NightrainSrt4
12-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks SgtM. If I can find another way to convey it then I will. Ill try to sketch some things out, I just preferred digital as it is much easier to photoshop the textures I had in mind than to draw them out. We will see what I can come up with. Its a busy time with finals and all right now though too, so hours again on something may not be able to happen, but we will see :think:

jdbnsn
12-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh hell, did we schedule this over finals week again? When do everyone's finals end?

NightrainSrt4
12-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Lol, no its cool. We have to learn how to set time and prioritize and such. I have finals all the way up to Christmas eve. Had things gone my way I'd have a sick entry. I might try and build a miniature model. If I get around to it. Ive already dropped a lot of time on it in vain. Ehh, I learned a lot either way.

Can't go trying to cater to everyones schedules.

Zephik
12-15-2007, 03:08 AM
Oh hell, did we schedule this over finals week again? When do everyone's finals end?

...mine don't end until the end of January. :p

Btw, my idea was basically a Scorpion Tank. Basically, it fires Nerf Darts (maybe used for anti theft device? :P). lol I thought it was pretty cool at least. I wanted to make it fully functional, but I never got around to figuring out how to make it mobile unless I had a fairly powerful motor (I only imagine it would of been pretty heavy) with either a nice battery (instead of PSU?) or a long extension cord (for the PSU).

It was a kind of cool design that incorporated buttons and switches and windows, but without making it look tacky. I wasn't going for an exact replica or anything, just the basic shape and whatnot. It's case wheels were the tank tracks, not very good for moving it from side to side, but at least it made it easier to push around in a straight line. lol

It had a US Army Jungle Camo paint theme. Another little detail that I liked, just because it made it a little more original than the plain green like in Halo. It was kind of like THIS (http://www.interpunk.com/itemimages2/120317.jpg) but with more black, and it kind of had a "ripped" pattern to it.

Thanks for the "+rep for trying" SgtM. At least I got something out of this experience, other than the want for a nicer 'puter. lol

jdbnsn
12-15-2007, 04:02 AM
You still have two weeks, there is plenty of time to refine your design and draw it using another format.

Helix666
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
My plans are now as complete as I can get them. It's in two parts.
* Sketch to show component layout, etc. (With annotations to give insight into WTF I was thinking at the time.)

* Screenshot from game with a few modifications to show how the finished case would look. (Also annotated, to help you understand where everything would be.)

Mysteriphys
12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Submitted my entry :) it's no 3d sketchup, but hopefully it gets the idea across well enough :) I think I left out a few details about the case >.< but I think everyone knows about expanding foam and bondo :-P anywho, good luck to everyone. and even if I don't win, I hope someone likes my design!

Scotty
12-18-2007, 05:56 PM
oo, i really can't wait for Jon to post them all up.

SgtM
12-18-2007, 06:19 PM
oo, i really can't wait for Jon to post them all up.

Same here. With this crew, I'm expecting the entries to be insane.

FrooP
12-20-2007, 07:20 AM
entries (2) submitted :)

Scotty
12-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Guys just to let ye all know there is now less than

ONE WEEK

LESS THAN ONE WEEK TO GO

p0Pe
12-21-2007, 01:19 AM
(to the ones who shall judge) do you have cinema 4D?... that would make my life alot easier:D???

jdbnsn
12-21-2007, 08:55 AM
(to the ones who shall judge) do you have cinema 4D?... that would make my life alot easier:D???

Yes I do, but I cannot promise that we all do. Give me some instructions how I can help the others see the results.

D1337
12-21-2007, 09:14 AM
How many entries have been submitted so far?

Scotty
12-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I also have Cinema 4D, could you not just screen shot it to make it easier for those who don't?

p0Pe
12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
i think ill just make a animation then:) only have to drav in res and pump then im done!

Luke122
12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
How many entries have we got guys?

With a prize pack like this, I'm hoping for a bunch!

Jon, front page update time! Remind people that we are coming down to the wire! :D

p0Pe
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
yeah the front page would be a god reminder!

Helix666
12-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Only two (2) (Deux) (Zwei) days left!

Good luck to everybody who's entered...

*Can't wait to see everybody's entries, but is gonna have to...* :p

jdbnsn
12-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, you have to wait a bit longer... Due to my inability to pay for shipping at this time I'm going to extend the deadline by two weeks while I mug little old ladies for cash.
I will move the deadline to Jan 12th 2008 12:59PM GMT giving you a little over 2 weeks to fine tune your entries and time for me to raise funds. Keep in mind that multiple entries are allowed, so if you have already submitted an entry and would like to expand on the idea you can submit another version and we will look at them both while judging.
Some tips for success:
-Look at the scoring system and see if you overlooked any criteria

-Be creative, remember that the design only needs to be feasible and not necessarily easy to build or have to survive the test of time (i.e. making a waterfall usually isn't a great idea for watercooling because of contaminants, but in this case we won't care about long term effects nearly as much as a bitchin' flow system)

-A big part of the score is creative implementation of the watercooling system. There are lots of ways you could use that water in your theme.

-keep in mind that cost of materials is not a concern in this design, so if you want to build a warthog out of platinum knock yourself out.

-even though not everyone can use sketchup or Cinema 4D, quality of presentation can really help your score so if you aren't a graphics wizard break out the colored pencils and nail it.

-cash bribes

PM me with any questions.

-Jon

p0Pe
12-25-2007, 03:19 PM
noooooooo:(... sat up nights to get this thing finished to deadline! =_= plz post info like that sooner :/

guess ill just go for the multiple entry thing... prepare to be carpet bombed with entriys!:D

jdbnsn
12-25-2007, 03:27 PM
prepare to be carpet bombed with entriys!

Lol, no worries, bombs away!

I apologize for not alerting you sooner but I wasn't aware that it would be necessary until the other day and I didn't want to make the decision without hearing the opinions of the other staff members. So I posted the question for staff to chime in on (whether to extend the deadline, or just make the winner wait for the goodies longer), the consensus was to move the deadline.

Helix666
12-25-2007, 04:18 PM
gaaaaaah!
The wait is gonna kiiiillll meeeee!

:p

p0Pe
12-25-2007, 04:26 PM
yeah... the waiting time is the thing that anoys me second most :/

D1337
12-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Woot, this saves me an all nighter that i was going to have to pull.. (which ill probably put off till the last day again)

Indybird
12-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Honestly I don't see how I can do anything particularly fancy with the watercooling system on my case design. Will I ultra-fail the contest if I don't do something creative there?
Don't get me wrong though, I put everything in well-thought-out positions.

Thanks,
Indybird

SgtM
12-26-2007, 02:05 AM
Honestly I don't see how I can do anything particularly fancy with the watercooling system on my case design. Will I ultra-fail the contest if I don't do something creative there?
Don't get me wrong though, I put everything in well-thought-out positions.

Thanks,
Indybird

No. Jon was just giving an example. With the of creativity we have here, it's going to be difficult judging.

jdbnsn
12-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Just remember that you don't need to outrun the lion, you just need to outrun your friend. ;)

Scotty
12-26-2007, 11:31 PM
-cash bribes

I lol'd

So now there is an extra 2 weeks i think the front page needs re-updating

jdbnsn
12-26-2007, 11:33 PM
I lol'd

So now there is an extra 2 weeks i think the front page needs re-updating

Yeah, I know. I'll see if the image is saved as a .psd, if not...meh.

UK-Blade
12-27-2007, 06:42 AM
PHEW!!!! I can breathe again....

Didn't think I was gonna make it, what with 2 kids, 2 jobs and Xmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!

Scotty
01-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Digg It (http://digg.com/mods/TBCS_Modders_Challenge_4)

SgtM
01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Just a reminder. There are 6 days left. I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with!

FrooP
01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
just a quick question, all entries must be submitted till 12th. so when can we expect the winners?

jdbnsn
01-06-2008, 05:40 PM
no promises, shouldn't take more than a week but I'll get you the results as soon as the judges have made a decision.

FrooP
01-06-2008, 05:40 PM
:banana:

GREAT

weazel6265
01-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Just a quick question, as my plans are winding down. I've been working on this for a while now, and I am wondering about the water cooling. In the criteria, it states a creative implementation of water cooling kit. Is this the kit being offered as a prize? If so, are we required to incorporate it, or can we go in a completely different direction, just having a creative implementation of water cooling, without using any kit? At this point, I have mine pretty much set up, so I am hoping I don't have to use any required parts.

jdbnsn
01-06-2008, 10:43 PM
That is an excellent question. I do believe we intended for you to use the prize kit, but I don't know if we stated this in the judging criteria. Go ahead and use what is in your plans, I don't think it matters.

EDIT- No we did not specify, so using any form of watercooling will not affect you score in a negative way. All types are fair game.

p0Pe
01-07-2008, 08:58 AM
fantastic:D i didnt do that either xD

what if the case dosnt have a halo theme or watercooling or tbcs tribute?... am i able to win on the presentation alone:p

jdbnsn
01-07-2008, 10:38 AM
No....that would be missing some major points! Unless everyone scored less than you, presentation is only one of the categories. I would recommend covering all of the categories as thoroughly as possible to maximize your score.

FrooP
01-07-2008, 11:20 AM
like i did :p

J/K

*excited* :banana:

p0Pe
01-07-2008, 11:45 AM
im going for at least a 107 point score:P...

FrooP
01-07-2008, 01:00 PM
ah.. yeah right :p lets see who will win :p

p0Pe
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
at least im hoping to see some awsome entrys:D CANT WAIT:(

jdbnsn
01-08-2008, 08:44 PM
<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://thebestcasescenario.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2008>
<param name="month" value=1>
<param name="day" value=12>
<param name="hour" value=24>
<param name="timezone" value="-0">
</applet>

p0Pe
01-09-2008, 04:19 AM
nice countdown watch:D first it wasnt there and i was like: why did he post a empty post :S

Scotty
01-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Nice JON, really like your timers don't you.

Oh and yea, that means only 3 Days 5 hours left :o

p0Pe
01-10-2008, 11:13 AM
2 days:D... get moving modders!

edit:

just realized, for the prize money i could complete my other mod:P....

Mysteriphys
01-11-2008, 09:36 AM
just 1 day left!... I won't count myself out just yet, but GL to the at least 30% 1337 crowd that probably owned this comp due to softwares and uberminds of creative thinking.

Scotty
01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
It's the final countdown!

Dud du dud ur der... or summat like that

SgtM
01-11-2008, 10:03 PM
zd42-uTLErM

UK-Blade
01-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK!

I can't wait to see some of the entries.

I was hoping to post this as I posted my entry, but alas, even with the extension I'm not gonna make it in time :no:. Why? because I SUCK :unhappy: I just can't get my ideas from my head onto paper/pixel. I'm gonna finish it anyway and post in the ideas section, just to get some feedback. I think there's some nice ideas...

But for now, :banana:"MAY THE BEST MOD WIN" :banana:

Scotty
01-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I just watched that tick over to 59:59!

So can't wait to see these entries, post em in if you haven't done already guys!

Edit omg omg omg 3mins left :o cant wait

Edit 2: Holy crap its now counting upwards?!!!?!?!./212!1

jdbnsn
01-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Okay, the design submission time is closed. Thank you very much to all of the contestants and judging of your projects will begin soon. Once a winner is selected I steal your prizes and flee to Mexico. Thanks again!

Jon

Rancho
01-15-2008, 11:36 PM
will we get to see the Mods?

Indybird
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Oh god, you got me all excited. I saw "Update to thread subscription: Modders Challenge #4 in my inbox" and clicked the link faster than you could say "Modders Challenge".
It was just you.
jk :D

I am so anxious to see the crazy submissions and the winner.

-Indybird

SgtM
01-16-2008, 08:19 AM

I think all the designs will be posted once the winner has been chosen and announced. That's how it was done in the past.

p0Pe
01-16-2008, 11:44 AM
any updates on when the winner is chosen:D?

SgtM
01-16-2008, 01:15 PM
any updates on when the winner is chosen:D?

Well, those who judged were asked to fill out scorecards and send them in. Although it wasn't easy, I sent mine in yesterday morning. I don't know about anyone else.

Rancho.. I forgot when I replied earlier. The contestants are allow to post their designs (as per the rules). It's up to them whether they want to post the designs or not.

Scotty
01-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Im still in the process of marking i have done about half of them i think, some nice stuff from you guys, and its not easy to judge either :o.

jdbnsn
01-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I had intended to post the top three in this thread when the judging is complete, so if anyone would like me not to post their entry let me know. At the same time, if you would like yours posted here whether you were in the top three let me know. I'd be fine with posting them all, it would be very easy to do.

On another note. I am not taking part in the actual judging, but I am still accepting bribes. What my role is involves collecting the score cards and tallying up the grand total to determine who the winner is. We had some outstanding entries in this challenge and I am extremely proud of you as always. The scores are coming out closer than I have ever seen in one of these MC's, I mean it's razor thin people. This will be a close one. I will post the top three but not the scores.

Scotty
01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Have to agree with Jon, its a close on indeed. A lot of very nice entries, its defiantly not easy voting. In the end im not sure who i gave top marks too, i didn't look. But it wouldn't surprise me if a few were together.

I know you lot can't wait to see the entries. But thats tough isn't it hahaha :p

p0Pe
01-17-2008, 03:39 AM
waaah:P... i wanna be a judge too!... or... no... then i couldnt compete xD
well.. you are free to post my mod wether i get on the top 3 or not:P

gl all, and get moving judges:D

Scotty
01-18-2008, 12:32 AM
And the winner is...

No idea, actually.

That's Jons job, what's he upto, i wanna know who won already :(

jdbnsn
01-18-2008, 12:42 AM
I don't yet either

weazel6265
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I got all excited. Thanks a lot Scotty.

FrooP
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
SCOTTY!!!!!

i hate you, i almost **** ma pants xD

get it going guys!!!!

Scotty
01-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Haha xD

Im cruel :D

Helix666
01-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Damn you scotty...
that was cruel.

:P

SgtM
01-18-2008, 10:10 PM
The official announcement will be made by Jon later, but I can't help myself.

****SPOILER ALERT****
Made you look won it. Ha ha! came in a close second. I can't believe you're still looking rounds out the top 3.

Incredible designs guys! Congrats to all who entered.

Indybird
01-18-2008, 11:41 PM
The official announcement will be made by Jon later, but I can't help myself.

****SPOILER ALERT****
Made you look won it. Ha ha! came in a close second. I can't believe you're still looking rounds out the top 3.

Incredible designs guys! Congrats to all who entered.

Yeah, you think you're real funny. But seriously, is the announcement later? Cause if so, I'm gonna be gettin real nervous...

-Indybird

SgtM
01-19-2008, 12:27 AM
No, I don't know when the announcement is. I can't wait to see what the actual results are though. The entries were absolutely fantastic.

jdbnsn
01-19-2008, 12:38 AM
There is no set date for the announcement, it will be made once I have enough votes to determine with certainty that they won. I am not voting, the staff are voting and I am tallying the votes. It will take some time because instead of just asking each person to pick their fav, they have been asked to scrutinize each mod and assign a score for each individual scoring criteria. This takes time. I will promise you however that it will be announced sometime between tomorrow after 3pm and before/during/or if possible after the apocalypse.

Luke122
01-19-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm leaning towards "during". hahaha.. I'm doing my scoring RIGHT NOW.

p0Pe
01-19-2008, 07:35 AM
i cant wait!:D:D:D im so excited about this:P

Helix666
01-19-2008, 10:23 AM
eeeeeee...

*ahem*
I'm completely and utterly calm.
seriously.

can't wait...gonna have to...can't wait...gonna have to.... (repeat ad infinitum)

Scotty
01-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Well you have a day of waiting :p

p0Pe
01-20-2008, 11:49 AM
and thats too much:(

Helix666
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Are we nearly there yet?

Luke122
01-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm almost done doing my scores... gimme 5 more mins!

killergamer
01-20-2008, 02:36 PM
So who gets the fun of announce it?

Scotty
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Jon. Because he controls us all really :)

killergamer
01-20-2008, 03:09 PM
IDK to feel sorry for Jon for having to go through picking from a crud load of cool designs or to envy him. LOL Cant wait to see what the people have come up with.

p0Pe
01-21-2008, 02:43 AM
noooo:( waking up and no winner found yet:P...well... until then ill just assume that i won:D makes me a little hapier xD

gl all
do anybody know how many made an entry?

jdbnsn
01-21-2008, 04:52 PM
<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://thebestcasescenario.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21">
<param name="day" value=23>
<param name="hour" value=20>
</applet>

FrooP
01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
HOLY ********

this is a...wednesday in germany weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

weeeeeeeeeeee :banana:

well thanks jon.. now i cant sleep xD

p0Pe
01-21-2008, 05:57 PM
nooo:(... so long still :/.... well... this is gonna be exciting:D

BigJohnson
01-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Thats prime time! Jon plans to take over the world!

Scotty
01-21-2008, 07:46 PM
He really stretches it out.

As for entries we had 11, i won't say who, etc, just 11 entries.

Indybird
01-21-2008, 11:27 PM
He really stretches it out.

As for entries we had 11, i won't say who, etc, just 11 entries.

Phew, I'm not so worried about my chances now: I thought there were like 50 people entering. Well, I think mine is just average so, if I win or not I'm still excited to see the winning design.

-Indybird

</applet>

killergamer
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
It says that you can post your designs so if you want you could past pics...

Just a thought ...
Cant wait to see what is coming!

noopypoop
01-21-2008, 11:52 PM
Oh noes another timer!:eek: *hides*

killergamer
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
What the heck is up with the timers.... This one is not counting down to the end of the world because I think the Aztec have already patient it... Cant wait tell year 2012.... Must do every thing in the next four years....

Oh yea this is about the modders challenge...
*killer goes back to back to pathetic life*

p0Pe
01-22-2008, 07:52 AM
11 entrys ! with the creativity inhere i think its gonna be KILLERMODS!

im so excited:(

</applet>

SgtM
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
The battle is over. All but one man has fallen. Alone, he peers out over the battlefield, the carcases of his foes lay still at his feet. With great skill and talent, he has created the ultimate Halo mod. Who is this man? This lone MASTER Chief?
</applet>

p0Pe
01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
thats 8 aŽ clock tommorow:( ill be at my girlfriends house by then! couldnt you have timed it a bit better:P no change ill see the result then:D (makes dangerous planes on how to turn on pc without her knowlegde)<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://thebestcasescenario.com/java-sys" width="203" height="21">
</applet>

BigJohnson
01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
kind of a tease arent you?
You write very poetically though. I like that.

noopypoop
01-22-2008, 05:24 PM
The battle is over. All but one man has fallen. Alone, he peers out over the battlefield, the carcases of his foes lay still at his feet. With great skill and talent, he has created the ultimate Halo mod. Who is this man? This lone MASTER Chief?
<applet code="countdown.class" codebase="http://thebestcasescenario.com/java-sys" height="21" width="203">

</applet>

</applet>

Pfft stop making it so dramatic, we all know i won already:D. Sirusly though, *who ever won congrats

*me

Helix666
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
OK, I think I'm gonna have a heart attack with all the tension, so...
Good luck everyone.

Oh, and you can post my design even if I don't win*.

*yeah, what are the odds of me not winning? Well, I'm 1 in eleven... I like those odds.

</applet>

p0Pe
01-22-2008, 07:13 PM
i think i deserve to win to use the money on modding:D*

*ill kick your arses dudes, you dont stand a change! just have to figure out a way to hack into Jons comp and play around with the points xD (and i declear p0Pe as the winner with... erm... 100% of the votes:S)

</applet>

Luke122
01-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Haha.. sorry Pope, scoring didnt work like that.

We all basically wrote scorecards out, and said what we liked and didnt like about each entry, and how they scored in each category, and then totalled up the points. The highest average points wins it...

noopypoop
01-22-2008, 11:04 PM
This is all friendly cometition guys, whoever wins wins

*which of course will be me, even though i didnt enter, money does wonders =)

</applet>

weazel6265
01-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray that votes my mod does keep
If I win before I wake,
I pray my prize no one does take.

Good luck to all. Any one have some sedatives?

</applet>

p0Pe
01-23-2008, 04:16 AM
well... 11 hours left! im so excited to hear when i can get the pricez ;P

FrooP
01-23-2008, 10:30 AM
lol guys come down. whoever wins wins.. if its not you or me then.. not.. at least you get the chance to the coffee mug :D

crenn
01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
If the clock is base on time local to the computer.... the winner should have been announced 6 hours ago!

Btw, a little bird told me the winner is *gets gagged and dragged into a unmarked van*

SgtM
01-23-2008, 12:01 PM
If the clock is base on time local to the computer.... the winner should have been announced 6 hours ago!

Btw, a little bird told me the winner is *gets gagged and dragged into a unmarked van*

The winner will be announced at 2:00 am (GMT) tonight. That's 9:00 PM for you folks on the East Coast.

poisonreap
01-23-2008, 12:32 PM
I wish I signed up before the challenge, I'm sure you 11 peeps have awesome mods, can't go wrong with Halo. This thing has so much anticipation I didn't even enter and I'm eager to know the winner let alone the pics of the mods!!!

Indybird
01-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Who here is actually more excited about this contest then they were about Halo 3?

Me!
:D:up:

And thats sayin something because I was considering skipping school on the day it was released. (I didn't because my friend couldn't skip and that would be boring)

-Indybird

FrooP
01-23-2008, 02:13 PM
less then a hour to go

weeeeeeeeeeee

http://ugly.plzdiekthxbye.net/small/s378.gif

jdbnsn
01-23-2008, 02:24 PM
less then a hour to go

weeeeeeeeeeee

http://ugly.plzdiekthxbye.net/small/s378.gif

I'm not sure what clock you are looking at but mine show almost 7 hours to go. If there is a problem with the applets i apologize but it the announcement is scheduled for 9PM EST, and it's only 1:30.

FrooP
01-23-2008, 02:42 PM
no... please no... please say this is a lie..please.. ive got to work tomorow and 7 hours would be..3 in the morning.. oh my... oh my..

p0Pe
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
OMFG NO! plz say that youl announce the winner in 6 min? !!!!!!!!!

Scotty
01-23-2008, 03:18 PM
I see 43 mins... Not sure if thats right or not =\ Defiantly not 2am GMT..

SgtM
01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
</applet>

at the time of this posting.. 000 (days):05(hours):27(minutes):00(seconds)

FrooP
01-23-2008, 03:37 PM
at the of this posting
T+
000:00:36:40

weeeeeeeee -.-

SgtM
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Looks like the applet is pulling local time, and not server time, which is GMT+5 hours.

jdbnsn
01-23-2008, 04:00 PM
There must be a problem with the applets, not sure why because it's just copied but I'll assuming it somehow corrects (or in this case incorrects) for time zones.

Helix666
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I don't think it's correcting for timezones...
Time as of posting. T+ 01:02.03

OK, no longer confused.
0200H GMT is the reveal time.

noopypoop
01-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Four Minutes!!!

jdbnsn
01-23-2008, 08:57 PM
QHsHBkWIshQ

noopypoop
01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Portal must wait, I HAZ TO SEE WHO WINZ!