PDA

View Full Version : Crysis

haha49
11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Ok i bought and beat the full version already.. plot is kind of short but it is very fun.. now to play multiplayer :evil:

Scotty
11-15-2007, 09:32 PM
You've finished it? Damn.
I haven't even had it delivered yet, although it's 1:35AM on release day...

Spawn-Inc
11-15-2007, 11:16 PM
i thought our crysis thread got moved to the reviews section for what ever reason?

xRyokenx
11-15-2007, 11:29 PM
i thought our crysis thread got moved to the reviews section for what ever reason?

That might've been me dude, hahaha.

danthegeek
11-16-2007, 04:19 AM
I beat it as well. Let me just say WOW. Awesome ending..... or is it??? :D Ill also say that normal difficulty was rather hard.

simon275
11-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah I can't wait to get it. It is disappointing that all these new titles aren't as long as games use to be. Like Halo 3 is pretty short to.

xRyokenx
11-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I've played it for six hours and am not done yet. I'm at the research dome part. I'm sick of mobs though, I got away from WoW to get away from mobs and lo and behold there are spots with like 20 people waiting for you. lol

Multiplayer isn't too bad either. I enjoyed it. Ranked up three times over two hours. Quite creative system too, but you have to play it to learn about it, I'm not in the reviewing mood at the moment to explain everything, hahahahaha.

crenn
11-16-2007, 12:01 PM
When I get the game, I'll be going straight for delta!

Yeah I can't wait to get it. It is disappointing that all these new titles aren't as long as games use to be. Like Halo 3 is pretty short to.

It's possible that you're just better at games than you were when you were younger.

Scotty
11-16-2007, 12:04 PM
Grr, not been delivered... Stupid damn postal service.

Gut8
11-17-2007, 05:59 AM
how's MP play and will it stand up to COD4?
our clans been very quite since RvS properly died about a year ago
ok BF2 and 2142 kept us going for a while but there shelved at the mo and i cant see them comming off in the near future not now we got COD4 which i recon will last.
i got a feeling Crysis will be a realy good SP game but wont last as MP game like FarCry
i could and prob will be wrong.

xRyokenx
11-17-2007, 10:59 AM
I tried out the multiplayer and it was pretty damn fun. I like the multiplayer in that game more than any other. Read up on it at Wikipedia or something. The singleplayer isn't half bad either... it just keeps on going!

Scotty
11-17-2007, 02:33 PM
It came today YAY.

Had some driver issues with 169.09 so i'm back at 169.04 now.

Multiplayer is immense, it's crazy especially when you have no idea what you're supposed to do.

But it's really crazy, like if you suck. you will get murdered time and time again. i've only managed to finish as high as 5th so far..

xRyokenx
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
I just got out of the first zero gravity area. Cool, but it got tiresome. I'm now in the frozen part and just... wow... this game is epic.

Indybird
11-17-2007, 08:27 PM
I just beat the game on normal. Let me say something right now: that was the hardest "normal" I've ever played. The campaign was awesomely epic. I gotta say though, the ending didn't do too much for me, unless of course theres an expansion for Crysis or a Crysis 2.

What'd you guys think of the ending?

-Indybird

Scotty
11-17-2007, 09:52 PM
I havent got to the ending, just played through some more of it, got to the bit where you need to do the second GPS jammer. For the hell of it i got out my RL and shot it from a mile off lol. Then i jumped in the hummer, and drive on only to be met with 2 other hummers and a load more people, of course the first thing you do when that happens is umm... Crash..

crenn
11-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I love hummers.... I drive while cloaked straight into another hummer, get out and move to some bushes, then take out the fuel can at the back.

Scotty
11-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree, take out fuel can is a great move, 2 shots to destroy a car? hell ya.

Taking tyres out is fun too, i have only done it once though, but it works. Also i found out you can take out the tracks on tanks to stop them moving.

In the base where you need to get the hostage out, i didn't die once, infact i've only died twice, after playing the demo soo much you really need to make use of the cloak to survive.

The fact that only you and Phycho are left already is like... oh balls, were all gonna die.

Airbozo
11-28-2007, 08:15 PM
SECUROM SUCKS!

I knew Bioshock had securom and I installed it anyway. Now I find out Crysis uses securom as well.

After installing Bioshock, I played it through, then got MOH Airborne and tried toi install it. Nothing but errors trying to open cab files. Replaced the DVD ROM and it worked fine. I later had to re-install Bioshock (my screwup trying to fix the DVD read error issues). Once I re-installed Bioshock, I played many games using the same DVD ROM. A couple of days ago I got Crysis and while installing it I got numerous read errors on the new DVD-ROM. Had to replace it YET AGAIN (now I have 2 bad ones) just to install this game. Now I find out it is related to the stupid SECUROM! How can these idiots at sony get away with building software that ruins hardware?

But I do like the game!

Spawn-Inc
11-28-2007, 08:29 PM
i don't get it? with crysis you only need a cd key and the cd to run. then again i haven't removed the dvd since launch day.

Airbozo
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
That is correct, but securom is installed on your system for "authentication". Same with Bioshock AND even the Steam version of Bioshock.

Who do I send the bill for 2 dvd readers to?

Hehe

dexaroni
11-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Its a shame that publishers use DRM to kill an amazing game.

It's also a shame that they HAVE to do it to defeat the rampant piracy.

I used to pirate until I realized that I was ruining it for everyone by being selfish.

Scotty
11-30-2007, 01:50 PM
How can these idiots at sony get away with building software that ruins hardware?

It's Sony, they could blow up anywhere on earth and get away with it as a result of all the Fanboys they have.

NightrainSrt4
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
It's also a shame that they HAVE to do it to defeat the rampant piracy.

They don't have to do it. It doesn't stop anything. What it does is makes the average person who wants to make a backup or something like that have issues. It doesn't stop piracy at all.

It is all 1's and 0's. If you can create it one way it can be stripped down in another.

I don't believe in piracy or any of that, but putting these things on software isn't stopping piracy and it never will. It will just cause headaches at most for a while. And issues for normal people.

Xperiment
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM
It is all 1's and 0's. If you can create it one way it can be stripped down in another.

Exactly, a working cracked version of Crysis was doing the rounds 1 week before the official release, same with Bioshock.

You can understand that developers have to try to stamp out piracy but someone will always find a way around it.

But IMO people who pirate the games are to blame for the OTT security on todays games.

Spawn-Inc
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
thats why all games should release a full game 1-2 hour demo. but that would get cracked easily me thinks.

xRyokenx
11-30-2007, 05:07 PM
The Crysis demo had a lot of replayability, lol. I couldn't get enough of it. Played through about six times... lol

Spawn-Inc
11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
The Crysis demo had a lot of replayability, lol. I couldn't get enough of it. Played through about six times... lol

or that, make a game so good the demo is replayable!

then again it had the editor to mess with and the best weapon i have ever used in a game, the tac gun and tac tank.

xRyokenx
11-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I didn't mess with the editor... couldn't figure it out.

I'll probably play Crysis through again after beating it. MP sucked. People have no skills online. At least try to act human and not like a frog on crack when playing games. Sheesh, lol.

Airbozo
11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

But IMO people who pirate the games are to blame for the OTT security on todays games.

IMO software prices are responsible for most of the piracy. Price something out of range for someone and they will find a way to own it some how. There are better ways. Even the Steam method is preferable to me. You still have to have an internet connection.

xRyokenx
11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Music piracy is there because we have to pay upwards of $15 for a damn CD. They should be $10 at the most. I do agree about the software prices. That and some games just aren't sold anywhere anymore and people want insane amounts of money for them off eBay or they scam you.

Airbozo
11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Music piracy is there because we have to pay upwards of $15 for a damn CD.

This is one of the things that burn my ass. When cd's first came out the music industry _promised_ that the newer technology was cheaper to produce so they would pass the savings on to the consumer. That NEVER happened and in fact the price went UP over LP's.

xRyokenx
11-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Yeah. To get the discographies of a few bands it would cost about $200 at least... and the bands wouldn't see but maybe $20 from that. Go see concerts, lol, that's where they make their money.

Xperiment
12-01-2007, 01:57 AM
IMO software prices are responsible for most of the piracy.

That no doubt plays a part, but even if games were priced at around £10 / $20 they would still get cracked.

xRyokenx
12-01-2007, 02:02 AM
That no doubt plays a part, but even if games were priced at around £10 / $20 they would still get cracked.
Would lazyiness and cheapass-ness play into role there possibly too?

NightrainSrt4
12-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Video games have been around $50 for the past 20 years atleast for a new hot release. Companies won't lower prices on releases like that, its just not going to happen. Take Halo3 for example. They make way more money at $60 because they know people will buy it. If they launched at $30 they wouldn't make as much even if more people bought it.

Lowering prices on things isn't going to stop piracy. All this DRM and all that isn't going to stop it either. I don't see piracy as something that can be stopped. And I think companies know that. I think its less about stopping piracy, and more about making sure the average user doesn't do it. No matter what they do they aren't going to stop coders from doing it, but they can make it real difficult for people who don't know much about how a pc runs other than installing a game or software to commit piracy.

If you can't kill a virus what do you do? You try your damn best to stop it from spreading. Keep it contained. Thats whats going on...least how i see it.

Edit: Im done. Think we all kinda hijacked this guys talk about Crysis thread.

Spawn-Inc
12-01-2007, 04:10 AM
nah, you format!

now how do we format the world? ahh yes the big red button!

NightrainSrt4
12-01-2007, 04:43 AM
Lol, I didn't mean in the pc virus sense of the word. But yes, if that was the case I would format.

I need to sleep. I want to work on Nightrain some more tomorrow. I waited all year for Crysis and haven't played it or the demo yet because the pc isn't assembled. I vowed I would finish the project before I played it. That was the crappiest vow I think Ive made yet.

Everyone is enjoying the Crysis experience and here I am...

You guys = :banana:
me = :(

NightrainSrt4
12-01-2007, 04:53 AM
Edit: Some how it double posted darn it. Ehh... I did get some sleep though, so don't expect me to slip up again :)

Killa_Ape
12-01-2007, 05:33 AM
"Music piracy is there because we have to pay upwards of $15 for a damn CD. They should be $10 at the most."

I don't know if you know about this or not but Radiohead released an album on the net and you could put in any denomination you wanted to pay for it so you could put in like 10 or 5 or 0 and still get it no matter what you wanted to pay so you could pay nothing and still get the album yet it got pirated like crazy so is price really the issue or is people being lazy and going woo new torrent must download or is it just principle or downloading it illegally?

xRyokenx
12-01-2007, 01:46 PM
For me it's the price issue... others? I think laziness or just the sheer convenience could be the case. You can never tell with people.

Spawn-Inc
12-01-2007, 05:49 PM
for me its a price issue, it it was 19.99 i would have ALOT! more games.

Omega
12-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I played the Crysis demo on my dad's dual 8800GTX system.

I need a job. =p

Scotty
12-03-2007, 07:04 PM
My 8800GTX is struggling at the mine (near the start of the mine) Its even OC'd too now :(

And im also stuck, i either get killed by falling rocks or jump to try and get somewhere and fall...

xRyokenx
12-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah, I had to kill they physics in that part. Hell, my PC crashed the first time in that part.

Omega
12-04-2007, 09:12 PM
My 8800GTX is struggling at the mine (near the start of the mine) Its even OC'd too now :(

And im also stuck, i either get killed by falling rocks or jump to try and get somewhere and fall...

you using max strength to jump?

crenn
12-04-2007, 11:36 PM
I've finished crysis on Delta. Died around 10-15 times during the game, but it's a good game. Can't say I'll play it again......

haha49
12-09-2007, 02:59 AM
I just beat the game on normal. Let me say something right now: that was the hardest "normal" I've ever played. The campaign was awesomely epic. I gotta say though, the ending didn't do too much for me, unless of course theres an expansion for Crysis or a Crysis 2.

What'd you guys think of the ending?

-Indybird

are you kiding me.. i played on delta.. and i beat the game in under 4 hours.. the key is to use run and run through hide then run some more.. you can get through most of the levels that way and fast..

Indybird
12-09-2007, 07:20 AM
are you kiding me.. i played on delta.. and i beat the game in under 4 hours.. the key is to use run and run through hide then run some more.. you can get through most of the levels that way and fast..

I like to kill almost every enemy, so that wouldn't be an option for me. You could imagine that being harder if you wanted to kill every enemy.

-Indybird

NightrainSrt4
12-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Damn, I am sad. Project: Nightrain was in pieces for not only the Demo, but the game as well. And I waited FOREVER for this game to launch.

Its killing me to play it. Can't wait!

xRyokenx
12-09-2007, 03:09 PM
I play through it and take my time to enjoy it... now if only I had the cash to spend on one o' dem vidyur cards.

crenn
12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm actually waiting until March to get a new video card. But I might be picking up a 'cheap' PhysX card for something else.

Woztron
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
After all the talk about how sweet a system you'd need to run it, mine played it ok at all medium setting and this bucket of carp barely boots windows inside of a day! Looked ok at those levels too, i'd love to have a bash with a rig some of you guys have got though.

Scotty
12-15-2007, 09:10 PM
You would if the FPS were playable lol. Go and buy 3 Ultras and a 780i board, then tell us how it runs it might just be playable. lmao.

Once again im stuck, stupid Prophet keeps dying... and i can't do it at all, i got past the wall where the alien blasts through then forward a little then he died.

xRyokenx
12-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh I hate that part. Sucks that I'm stuck there without a vidyur card to beat it, lol. He had 10 seconds to travel 6ft to get to the burning helo and he stood there like an idiot. Ah well.

Scotty
12-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I got annoyed so started throwing grenades at him, did me no good but it took the stress away.

The boy 4rm oz
12-15-2007, 10:07 PM
I just played the demo and on normal finished it in 10 mins. I can only run it with everything on high and with no AA though but it still looks fantastic. I am sooooooo getting it after Christmas when I have some money lol.

Omega
12-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, I've been dissuaded from buying it. Why? MaximumPC.

Before you all go and ravage their headquarters, bear in mind that it's their opinion and you can disagree if you want.

That being said... They said it could be finished in a few hours and it's an easily forgettable "tactical" shooter game. Pile that on top of the fact that I don't want to kill my rig (X800XL ftl) and my lack of dosh (I actually owe the bank 43 dollars) and you've got one bad, unbalanced equation. =p

xRyokenx
12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
I've taken my time to play it... if you like rushing games, of course you can beat it fast. Ah well, to each his (or her) own. I really enjoyed it and wish I could play it some more. Too bad the online multiplayer sucked ass thanks to retarded 10 year olds strafing back and forth so much.

.Maleficus.
12-16-2007, 12:14 PM
I've taken my time to play it... if you like rushing games, of course you can beat it fast. Ah well, to each his (or her) own. I really enjoyed it and wish I could play it some more. Too bad the online multiplayer sucked ass thanks to retarded 10 year olds strafing back and forth so much.
Yeah, jeeze, those damn kids. Why won't they just run straight at me like they should! :D.

X-Play gave Crysis a 3 out of 5. I trust X-Play, so I won't be buying a $50, 3 star game. Maybe if it comes free with my 8800GT... But maybe I'll save the $10 and get the version with ET:QW. At least that got good ratings.

xRyokenx
12-16-2007, 01:42 PM
He was doing a cheesy remake of the peanut butter jelly time dance.

Dude, read my Crysis review. I don't trust any other source than my own experience because I've played "5 star games" that have sucked horridly. Try out the demo at least. I was hooked after playing it.

Zephik
12-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Dude, read my Crysis review. I don't trust any other source than my own experience because I've played "5 star games" that have sucked horridly. Try out the demo at least. I was hooked after playing it.

Trust people, not critiques or reviewers.

What was that game at gamespot that received good review ratings from a few sites, yet the game was horrible. What did the reviewer do? He said it was horrible. Granted, the review was a little too harsh, but none the less, what happened for him being honest about the game? He was fired, after over 10 years of service to gamespot.

I've seen a few good movies that I really enjoyed, but later found out that they received poor reviews from critiques and reviewers. Yet, IMDB, which has a user based rating system, gives better ratings for those movies than the reviewers or critiques.

Crysis is awesome and its worth the money if you want an amazing game. How do I know this? I listen to real people who play the game just to play a game, not to review it.

^_^

xRyokenx
12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Hey, can I get a link to that review at XPlay or whatever it's called?

My review was pretty much how I felt at the time and still feel by the way, not me writing it for money. I'm willing to bet that some reviewers are payed to rate games a certain way, lol.

Zephik
12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm willing to bet that some reviewers are payed to rate games a certain way, lol.

No way! :eek:

:p

Omega
12-16-2007, 04:28 PM
I've played the demo. It was nifty, yes. It was purdy, yes. But it also got to be a little bit of a bore towards the end (and then there was a ship... on land).

Admittedly, the idea of the suit is cool but it means that you can do anything in any circumstance. Rather than having to actually fight enemies, you can just stealth. Rather than having actually traversable distances, you can sprint. Rather than actually planning your fights, you can just turn on armor and rush in.

It's interesting, yes, but not as much fun or not as cool as it's hype claimed. Kind of like BioShock. It's not bad, it's just shallow.

xRyokenx
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, it all depends on how you play. Of course I used stealth, but that was to sneak around while being shot at by helos and such. It's all in the way you choose to play. If you choose to run around everything and totally miss out on the combat, that's your problem, lol. Stealth doesn't last very long anyways. Everything gets about 50 times better after the demo, by the way.

.Maleficus.
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
X-Play is a TV show on G4. I got the review by downloading their Podcast of it. And since I did it through the Zune software, I have no idea where it would be elsewhere :redface:. But, I probably will end up buying Crysis at some point, just not immediately. I imagine it will be the same way Gears was for me; looked fun, never really played it, played it and loved it. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a 360 or not, so I'm not buying to many games right now.

Woztron
12-17-2007, 03:31 AM
It depends a lot on how you play i think, cruised through the demo on hard in under 10mins the first time, the second run through took me like 45 mins on delta killing every living thing, even hunting down each one of those boats in the bay.

Airbozo
12-17-2007, 05:00 PM
I pretty much searched the island for all the baddies. Like mentioned above I also took out all the boats. I had to grab a boat and chase another one down to get them. The place is now a REAL island paradise! HEHE

dexaroni
12-27-2007, 12:57 PM
THE ANGER!!!!

This game is amazing. Beautiful, fun, good plot so far (only on the second level), etc. Unfortunately, I cannot play it.

Sure, I have a dual core processor clocked at 3.4ghz. Sure, I have an 8800 video card. Unfortunately, I also have an Audigy 2 sound blaster.

My sound just cuts out randomly. I don't know why, but if someone here knows a solution I woud love to hear it.

Scotty
12-27-2007, 11:07 PM
update drivers, always a good start.

dexaroni
12-28-2007, 12:28 PM
I already did all that stuff, nothing was fixed. :(. It looks like a common problem with Audigy sound cards.

Spawn-Inc
12-28-2007, 11:08 PM
i never/still don't understand the thing about having a sound card. i'm sure i will get shot but whats wrong with on board? i have never had any problems with it, then again i don't have a fancy logitech z5500 setup :( .

Scotty
12-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Nothings wrong with on-board, but XFi cards can produce a much cleaner, bolder sound, then again if you don't have a great speaker kit it's pointless as it will just sound the same or near enough. Also offloading Audio calculations to a PCI card help with minimal performance.

dexaroni
01-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I decided that until I get a better set of speakers I won't notice a difference in sound quality from the card anyways, so I went back to onboard until I install my X-Fi, and now Crysis runs fine.

crenn
01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Gah! I can't wait for the first patch for crysis to be released, there are so many people in multiplayer that hack!

crenn
01-08-2008, 11:07 AM
CRYSIS PATCH HAS BEEN RELEASED!

http://crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=15310