PDA

View Full Version : Review: Sansa e200 2gb MP3 player.

Omega
11-15-2007, 11:17 PM
http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/TBCS_Group/imagispire/reviews%20images/sansae200%20copy.jpg

I decided to have a little fun here -- Rather than typing out a long, boring post, I figured I'd review this little mp3 player... with it's built in microphone!

Now, this isn't supposed to be a top-notch review, just me kind of talking at my mp3 player for the hell of it.

For anybody who wants a fun game: Listen to the Modcast ep1 and then listen to this and see how much differently I talk formally versus casually.

(I'll post the link when it's done uploading)

Omega
11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
http://media.putfile.com/voice-sansa-review

here we go

moojoe
11-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I just got this player on wends from a www.woot.com sale, and I was origianallly quite scared of it, since I never really liked sandisk, but it was cheep, so I was happy with buying it. but I got to say, this is by far one of my favorite media players ever. its a great simple interface, the screen looks good, the player looks good, everything about it just completely destroyed my expectations. my only problem with it is the middle wheel thing is a bit to high, and sometimes I hit that instead of a button. but other then that, this player is by far one of the best ive ever seen.

jdbnsn
11-17-2007, 04:29 AM
And one more time

OvRiDe
11-24-2007, 03:39 AM
I too bought the Sansa E250 from Woot. I have lived with it for a little over a week now, and had just a couple of things to add to Omega's spot on review.

One nice feature is the FM tuner. While scanning for stations can be a pain, it is able to store preset stations. Also I noticed that it will autoscan for presets, but unfortunately I have been unable to actually get this feature to set any. Video and Photos are transferred to the device using the Sansa Media Converter software provided with the player. Its light weight and what I like the best.. Unobtrusive. Its only running when you want to use it. Easy to use, open it and drag the video or photo into the converter and hit go. It automatically scales the video or photo to the dimensions of the player, and transfers them to the appropriate folder on the player. Its pretty quick on the conversion, but so far I really haven't tried any files that were very big.

Here are a few more cons in my opinion. While they are not really show stoppers they can be a bit of an annoyance.

1. The unit can only be charged via USB. This isn't an uncommon feature, but where it gets annoying is.. When the device is connected via USB, you cannot actually use the device. You can still access the player as a flash device, so you could listen to the music via a software installed media player, but thats not always the optimum situation. Upside is it seems to charge rather quickly.

2. You cannot delete media from the device. The only way to delete Videos, Photos, or Music is to do it while connected to a PC. So if you are out and about and you have it filled to the brim with a combination of videos and music, and want to free up some space for a voice recording, your out of luck. It will allow you to delete voice recordings and FM recordings. BTW it will record FM radio stations if you desire. Again more of an annoyance then a product killer.

3. From what I can tell there is no way to access the microSD slot from the device when it is attached to the computer. So you will need to pre load your microSD card before you insert it into the device. I have a test 64mb microSD card in mine (2GB should be here any day!), the 2GB portion has 8MB free and the mSD has 59MB free, the device will not allow me to make a voice recording saying its full. I have looked through the options and I haven't found anything that will allow me to have it record to the mSD. When connected to a pc, there is no folder available that is pointed to the mSD slot. So if you want to use a mSD you will need a card reader.

So far I have really enjoyed the player. Its light weight but still substantial. The menus are pretty easy to navigate, and it sounds great. It can definitely play loud, but also has a volume limiting safety feature as well, to protect your hearing. For 35 bucks its pretty hard to beat this player in my opinion.

Ap1thy
11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
i had an e250, but the headphone jack ceased to work.. was going to replace it but just ended up buying a new one

Omega
12-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I would like to comment on the liquidmetal backing.

I dropped my sansa the other day, and it left a nice little dent in one of the corners

several hours later, said dent was gone.

Now that's nifty.

Greco101
12-10-2007, 12:32 AM
lmao, "something you can record voice reviews of mp3 players on...."