PDA

View Full Version : Alright

sXenoG
08-22-2005, 05:07 AM
Im in need of a larger monitor so that I can work at higher resolutions in photoshop without having to zoom in and out all the time. Im wanting a 20"-21" LCD monitor. I may want widscreen if it can fit into the budget but it aswell has to be capable of gaming. I believe 8ms is the best speed for lcd monitors so that would be the best of course :). Ive had a bad experience with a non name brand lcd monitor failing on me so I wanted to have some reccomendations. Cheap is always good. I dont have a set budget as of yet so dont worry too much about that.

Thanks in advanced and sorry for the bad spelling if there is any im too tired to check for errors.

Dark-hobo
08-22-2005, 07:01 AM
nope there is a 4-3ms lcd out now :D.

sXenoG
08-22-2005, 08:28 AM
I wasnt sure. Do yout hink you could be of some assistance in helping me choose a monitor? :)

Dark-hobo
08-22-2005, 05:30 PM
If you are going to go 20" or above the response time will drop. The best 20" that I know of is 16ms and the 21.3" only go down to like 20ms. You are going to sacrifice size for speed no doubt about that. What I would suggest is keep your current monitor for gaming and buy a larger one for graphic design. That way all you would need to worry about is the contrast ratio and the max resolution.

Chapel
08-22-2005, 05:35 PM
The big thing i know about monitors is that always go with the big names. Sony, Viewsonic, Samsung all have reputable monitors. Something to look into though, Maximum PC says that Dell makes the best widescreen LCD monitor. Check it out Here (http://www.maximumpc.com/reviews/best_of_the_best/). I trust the mag quite a bit, granted it is expensive. But i know that by looking at a company's high end products is a good judge of there cheeper products.

sXenoG
08-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Well is it possible to find out what ms my current monitor is. Its a few years old so I dont think it has the low ms of todays standards but games just fine for me. Is there a technical way to figure it out or should I just do some research?

EDIT:
Just did some research mine is 30ms so basicly anything under that is just fine. So if someone can reccomend both a widescreen and normal 20-21 inch monitor Id really appreciate it im about to look at the dell. I think that I want a widerscreen but untill I order a 7800gtx in a few months i feel itll be useless but i might still look into it.