PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3

Mitternacht
11-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Well I got Drei sechzig (360 Elite) and I just bought a Wii for my mom for Christmas. I wanna get the PS3, because of the new Ratchet and Clank game. So if your gonna call me crazy for buying a PS3 just because of 1 game, sue me. :p

So who here owns a PS3? Are there really these overheating issues? I found a 60gig version for $400, but the 80gb version is 100 more. I didnt wanna shovel out $500 for one, but if I get the 60gig one for 400, and if I run into problems that render it useless, I rather not dump all that money into something that might only work for a short time. Also I know about the 40gig version being $400 new, but it does not support backwards compatibility at all.

The ad this guy posted on craigslist says he only played it twice, moved, got a job and now he has no time for it. So its pretty much new, but he doesn't have the box for it.

Are there any real bad issues with overheating?
All the claims about bad audio, no video, etc: Is it basically user fault or are these real faulty issues with the PS3?

danthegeek
11-23-2007, 07:11 PM
I have one and have no issues with overheating. Most people put them in a closed area, thats why they overheat. They need to be out in the open just like a pc. There are a few games that I want but most are not out until after christmas. Hell, I just bought a third game for it that I actually wanted and and am interested in and that took 8 months. Not much of a selection yet.

D1337
11-23-2007, 09:07 PM
You shouldnt have any problems with your ps3.

Quakken
11-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Except lack of great games

Durrthock
11-23-2007, 11:59 PM
360 ftw mass effect is godly

TheGreatSatan
11-24-2007, 01:44 AM
Whenever I think of video game systems, I think of children.....

I don't get young adults or men playing with these things....

Spawn-Inc
11-24-2007, 04:03 AM
why, the play on the pc too, video games are for young and old!!!!

i would like one for Resident Evil 5, Final Fantasy XIII, Heavenly Sword, Army of Two(looks alright) thats all i can think of for now.

and for the heating issue i think if you leave it in the open, you might as well for how shiny that dam thing is, it should be fine.

Scotty
11-25-2007, 05:52 PM

Unfortunately you do. I know quite a few through forums tbh.

PC gaming > consoles though. More money put in = better games, graphics and pure awesomeness.

XcOM
11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
my ps3 is fine the issues with video and audio would normally be user error, it use's HDMI, and some TV's don't like you turning on the tc before the device, so turn on the ps3, then turn on the HDMI channel

Luke122
11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
I wasnt interested in the PS3 at all.. until I heard about GT5.. and the Top Gear test track is in it!!!!

xRyokenx
11-28-2007, 02:25 AM

You're not thinking of the right kind, lol. I personally wouldn't want anybody younger than maybe 13 or 14 playing M or T rated games, lol... depending on the game of course. They make good time killers and are more entertaining and stimulating than watching TV. When I would play Crysis I would be really into it. Think mind working constantly as how to react and what to do along with adrenaline and all pumping... a very fun experience. Hell, even remembering it all makes me excited and in a more pleasant mood, hahaha. Sure gets some tension and stress out in a nondestructive way.

EDIT: Oh, and those stupid little kid styled games don't interest me much either... I personally think they just brainwash kids, lower IQ scores, and cause them to think slower. Fifteen seconds is a bit long for pointing out some stupid object that barely resembles the real version and also has a face. Hey kids, can you find Freddy the Flowerpot? Uhh... yeah, I saw him before you asked. Go away. Heh heh.

NightrainSrt4
11-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Eventually I will get a ps3. I almost wish i had instead of the 360 as of recently. Turns out my brothers is fried ( i had no way of knowing, found out from someone else) so they may or may not be getting their 360 fixed.

Most of the game series I like comes out on the ps3. Metal Gear Solid. Gran Turismo. Final Fantasy.

But then again Xbox has those I like as well. Halo, Gears, Ninja Gaiden is coming this coming year (the originals were among my favorites). So theres plenty to look forward here.

Wish I had money for everything I want, but then I guess I would just want something i didn't have money for. Guess its just human nature.

The real thing about the ps3 that makes me want it though is Gran Turismo and the G25. Ohhh ohhh ohhh. Tooo freaking bad the xbox doesn't support that wheel. I want it soooo bad.